Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Guns and Civilization

Something interesting I picked up:

"The Gun Is Civilization" by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is:

The only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat--it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a

civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced.

Thank You

Last Online
    07-08-2012 @ 11:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    Barbarians the Romans couldn't handle
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Philadelphia
    Politics
    Tradition and improvisation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

That is, basically, why I support America's second amendment.

Bite Me! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    English/German
    Ancestry
    My paternal ancesters were of English/German descent. My maternal ancesters were of English descent.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Indiana
    Taxonomy
    English/German American
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat. I'm fiscally moderate, and socially conservative, with NS tendencies.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 410

0 Not allowed!

Just exactly what is it about ...shall not be infringed that can't be clearly understood?

I've had to defend myself with the threat of armed force on two separate occassions. And I had to use deadly force with a firearm on one other occassion. If I had not been armed with a firearm, I would have been killed.

When one is suddenly confronted with a life threatening situation, there is no time to dial 911.

Stop the hate, separate!

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loddfafner View Post
    That is, basically, why I support America's second amendment.
    And I why I want a similar law based here in the Netherlands.. and in all of the EU. With the provisions that only Europeans (thus citizens of member states minus naturalised non-European migrants) have a right to bear arms and that only convicted criminals will have that right taken away from them.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    05-14-2012 @ 12:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Print this article and give it to your leftist neighbor...

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    Print this article and give it to your leftist neighbor...
    No printer and no Dutch neighbours either. But I have send the link to some friends and that will do. And from what I know my neighbour on the left votes VVD. Not particularly left-wing I'd say.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    11-26-2011 @ 10:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberic
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Visigoths/Lusitanians
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Alpnid/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    Catholic.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

0 Not allowed!

No matter who hard you try to explain this to the liberal gun grabbing nut cakes they just don't seem to understand.

Bite Me! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    English/German
    Ancestry
    My paternal ancesters were of English/German descent. My maternal ancesters were of English descent.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Indiana
    Taxonomy
    English/German American
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat. I'm fiscally moderate, and socially conservative, with NS tendencies.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 410

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CelticTemplar View Post
    No matter who hard you try to explain this to the liberal gun grabbing nut cakes they just don't seem to understand.
    They're not called libtards for nothing.

Besides, the gun grabbing community clearly has a subversive agenda. The purveyors of tolerance are the most intolerant haters that ever existed. If these hypocritical libertines succeed in eliminating the Second Amendment, they will be free to enforce their demented touchy-freely ideas without having to worry about encountering armed resistance... And the road to destruction is paved with emotionally charged ideas, which are always a poor substitute for well-researched plans based on logic.

The First Amendment pertains to freedom of speech. The deadliest weapon ever devised by man is human speech. But I, for one, don't want to abolish it... Although I personally would appreciate it if explicitly obscene speech would be preceded by a required verbal or written warning.

Stop the hate, separate!

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CelticTemplar View Post

A weapon is a tool, an extension of the self.
    We currently operate rather well without waving weapons about in each others faces; all it would really do is turn one form of control (the current socially-based control) into a different type of control (a self-preservation control).
    It's an interesting idea, but in the end, it won't change anything... except how quickly we all die.
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Last Online
    05-14-2012 @ 12:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Eventually freedom of speech will be outlawed, too.

Once the NWO has full power, we will essentially be living in a 1984-esque type of society. Youtube and forums such as these are basically the only places left where free speech is still permitted. Even still, if you go over the line here, you can still get into legal trouble..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information