Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,351
    Given: 4,487

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by blogen View Post
    He not trolling, some peoples believes in a baseless Hungarian-Turkic connection between us. Anyway, the Turk is the Greek name for the Hungarians in the 8-12th century. Means nothing, especially not ethnic relation. Presumably a heritage of an old Magyar-Turkic political relation, same tribal confederation or something.
    Hardly baseless. I know you have seen more than enough information in the threads above to at least see where the Turkic influence is strong. There is no perfect modern Turkic group; it's a meta identity like Germanic or Slavic. It would be as fruitless as arguing whether the true, pinacle of Germans are Prussians or Saxons or Bavarians, etc.

Our Holy Crown will read "King of Turks", until the end. If people wish to take up that mantle of identity, then it is up to them.

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 06:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Avar (3/4) Crimean Tatar (1/4)
    Ancestry
    Northern Caucasia
    Country
    Finland
    mtDNA
    H13a
    Taxonomy
    north pontid with proto-nordid elements
    Hero
    Ataturk, Shamil the Avar, Robin Cook, Bertrand Russel
    Religion
    Tengrism
    Relationship Status
    engaged to N1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 639
    Given: 1,142

1 Not allowed!

I think the distaste against Turks comes basically from the religion, people tend to take it as 'Turks are muslims so therefore they should be close to middle-easterns while Hungarians are christians and so they are europeans'. However this is not quite so accurate

I attended a seminar of an eminent Turkish linguist, Prof. Ali Akar from Muğla university last saturday and he spoke about an interesting topic. Literally he said 'If ever a nation adopts the language along with the religon in a given period of time (like latin for christianity, arabic for islam, chinese for buddhism..) and do not translate holy books and documents etc to their language, then there is no alternative for them but to lose their identity eventually. This is what happened to most Turkic people in europe, middle-east and far east''. Makes a lot of sense, as I just think that religion always comes first and has an unbelievable influence on people in this world, far more than the ethnicity has.

So if Hungarians in Hungary and Turks in Turkey today preserve their identity and ethnicity, this is because they didnt totally accept the language of the religon, although there is inevitable influence of those religions in their lives a lot. Hungarians were last of the Turkic peoples that migrated to europe so their language and customs still reflect their turkic past and they do stand different from many european countries around them despite christianity. So it is no wonder they still keep their steppe heritage which is easily seen with examples like the Holy Crown and being called Turk in many old Greek, Islamic and Turkish sources

Last Online
    04-29-2018 @ 08:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    West Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Arabophone
    Ancestry
    50%North-Europe (Sweden and Ulster Scot)31,25%North-Africa 12,5%Sudanese Arab 6,25%Turkey, traces of
    Country
    Tunisia
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA
    L2a
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 171

2 Not allowed!

Turks are a very mysterious and perennial nation, they were always influencing world history by holding key points entities all over the place, we see them in Sumer but also in China, America, Russia, the Mediterranean World and Eastern Europe.
    What I have much difficulties to figure out is the lack of phenotype and genotype consistency amidst various Turkish nations, for instance Turks from Turkey do not look close to their fellow Onugur Turkic Magyars who mostly look like their European neighbours!! This fact is still baffling me me but maybe Turk is mostly a sophisiticated Political dimension of various and different racial and genetic stocks.
    Anyway I've learnt from my mother that I had a Turkish great great grandparent that was an Ottoman soldier and I even have 4 Turkish genocousins with whom I share the same 14cM block as a legacy of that grandfather and I am proud of that.
    1/Orcadian+Morocco+Morocco_Jew+Orkney@0.78 DODECAD9. 2/Jew_France+Moroccan+CEU+Ukrainian-Center@0.92 MDLP.
    3/Egyptian+Irish+Lithuanian+Moroccan @ 1.24 DODECAD K7B. 4/Ashkenazim_V+Bulgarian+Moroccan+Swedish_V @ 1.33 MDLP. 5/BedouinA+German_North+Scottish_West+Tunisian@1.35 punt12.
    Ch#4{my highest SSA Ch};Finn+HungaryGam+Somali+SwedeSkog@7.16
    Ch#5{my unique Ch showing South Asian};HungaryGa+RISE_baUne+Tajik_Pomiri+Tunisian@ 5.59
    Ch#13{my lowest SSA Ch};Ashkenazi+Cyprus+Stuttgart+SwedeSkog@4.012556

Last Online
    03-27-2021 @ 12:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    60% NE Asian
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    C3 (M217) Siberian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,310
    Given: 1,215

0 Not allowed!

He not trolling, some peoples believes in a baseless Hungarian-Turkic connection between us. Anyway, the Turk is the Greek name for the Hungarians in the 8-12th century. Means nothing, especially not ethnic relation. Presumably a heritage of an old Magyar-Turkic political relation, same tribal confederation or something.
    I wonder of few following questions.

How Hungarian people see interethnic or interracial marriages with other Turkic nations, for instance of Asiatic origin?

How the child of interracial marriage will be considered in Hungary by local people?

People of Hungary see other Turkics with them as one nation or not in general?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2024 @ 05:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge is king View Post

How Hungarian people see interethnic or interracial marriages with other Turkic nations, for instance of Asiatic origin?

How the child of interracial marriage will be considered in Hungary by local people?

One of they key things to address would be the fact that in the West, the term "Asian" is usually thought of as East Asian (Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese, etc). While obviously Turkey and parts of Kazakhstan are in Asia as well, many people from these areas obviously do not look far eastern at all. Does this mean that they are not Asian? No, but it is that they are simply a different sort of Asian. As we are from the same location with Turkic components, there really isn't an "interracial" component, though across places in Hungary, Turkey, and Kazakhstan there might be slightly varying phenotype components. Being from Turkic origin, there should be no issues in this sense, and the phenotype differences are hardly great enough that the mixing of said peoples would radically change the face of said nations.

Dr. Mándoky Kongur István is a famous Hungarian who did great work in the field of Hungarian Turkic studies, and Turkology in general.

He married a Kazakh woman and they had a family together. He considered us as one people, as do many others today. There is a school named after him in Kazakhstan in Almaty (school # 154). Unfortunately, he is now deceased, but his legacy lives on. His entire personal library has been donated to international Turkic academy, and his work has contributed greatly to furthering public knowledge of our unity. There is nothing, and should be nothing, that stops Turkic people from feeling as though we are all perfectly compatible in this way.

Now, I will discuss the challenges to the scenario you have asked. In general, Most of the Turkic world outside of Hungary is Muslim, and Hungary is largely Christan (although largely not religious in general), which causes the idea of "otherness" from a possible religious angle. Especially in the West, there is the idea (regardless of political spectrum location) that some foolish people hold, which is that race=religion. Buusra brought up this issue as well in her posts above. Of course we all know that a chosen religion and "racial identity" (to be also possibly read as: "phenotype appearance") are not the same thing at all. Therefore, I can see an issue from a devout Muslim vs. devout Christian perspective, although I believe that this would be highly unlikely to occur in the first place. Second, there is an issue of being located in Eastern Europe, surrounded by non-Turkic people, who do not have a phenotype that would match our own at times. This leads to a feeling of wanting to "fit in"; Westernization via Christianity combined with borderline worship of western culture by some (I'm sure we can all think of someone that could apply), can also lead to hostilities of the idea of things that are "Eastern". However, this is a gross exercise in self-hate on the part of any Hungarian taking part in this. Third, there is a small, small, incredibly small number of painfully ironic people who embody the idea of Nordicism reminiscent of early 20th century Germany, and on principle would be against this idea of our unity for obvious reasons. They fall under the same category as the previous group, in also that they fail to realize the supreme irony of aligning their personal identity with an ideology that would have never seen Hungarians as "racial equals". These are a fringe minority, and although can be found all over Europe, are painfully out of touch in Hungary. This also answers your final question about how other Turkic nations are seen in Hungary, as it depends on who you are talking to and how they wish to see the Hungarian meta-identity. You can find this same issue currently happening in Turkey as well. It will not be until we (Hungarian, Kazakh, etc), all as children of Turkic people, embrace ourselves and our family across borders that we will be far more free.

Last Online
    03-27-2021 @ 12:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    60% NE Asian
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    C3 (M217) Siberian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,310
    Given: 1,215

0 Not allowed!

This is major problem for me at that time. Nowadays I am seeking for a wife carefully.

Main question is how this woman will see my personality if I met her one day? I highly hope you saw my facial apperance previously. What she will think of me and of our relationships in particular? How her family in Hungary will see this kind of relationships?

Last Online
    09-19-2021 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,596
    Given: 409

2 Not allowed!

Zero tolerance, because they are muslims. The society was much more permissive, ten years ago, before the islamic invasion of Europe.

No problem. Totally common thing in Hungary between Hungarians, Chinese, Vietnamese peoples for example. Mostly their totally assimilated childrens are the participants.

Not. The Anatolian Turks are strangers for us, because their strong Arabo-Islamic culture. The Central Asians are less strangers.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Zero tolerance, because they are muslims. The society was much more permissive, ten years ago, before the islamic invasion of Europe.
    I believe knowledge is king is more concerned about himself or Turkic people in his example than Muslims in general. I don't know if he is a Muslim or not. "Zero tolerance" is an extreme reply, and knowledge is king said nothing about a hardcore Islamic cultural environment for the possible children.

I hold the current crisis of Europe separate from our Central Asian connections and friendships because it is the fault of the West, and because Central Asian Turkic nations are not even the ones coming in anyway.

No problem. Totally common thing in Hungary between Hungarians, Chinese, Vietnamese peoples for example. Mostly their totally assimilated childrens are the participants.
    Unlike Chinese and Vietnamese though, Turkic peoples of Central Asia are much closer with us and therefore will become integrated into society better thanks to a common heritage and closer phenotype, which will make universally belonging naturally easier.

Not. The Anatolian Turks are strangers for us, because their strong Arabo-Islamic culture. The Central Asians are less strangers.
    I believe that the media is showing more extreme attitudes of Arabian "Turks" than actual Anatolian Turks. The Anatolia of Atatürk would have been different in this respect. The current crisis of Turkey, which is actually something that the west does not care to address, is that ethnic Turkics are being displaced there and the Oghuz birth rate is not high. This demographic in Turkey is more secular yet shrinking, which is why current Turkish leadership rallies around a more pan-Islamic ideal rather than a ethnic Turkish ideal when attempting to secure votes.

I have met an Anatolian Turkish/Hungarian couple who was expecting the birth of their first child. The Anatolian Turk was secular and looked passable in Hungary, and adopted Hungarian local culture. I spent awhile talking with each of them, and they knew about Kurultaj as well. I feel like they will be fine in Hungary as long as they hold to our connections, as any Turkic couple would.

This is major problem for me at that time. Nowadays I am seeking for a wife carefully.

Main question is how this woman will see my personality if I met her one day? I highly hope you saw my facial apperance previously. What she will think of me and of our relationships in particular? How her family in Hungary will see this kind of relationships?
    blogen is being dramatic when he says "zero tolerance" but I understand what he is saying. As I have told you, the primary issue will be religion.

Inter-Turkic marriage will be no problem providing you find a good woman in the first place. Regardless if it is Kazakhstan, Hungary, Turkey, or wherever, you are just as likely to find someone terrible or good within your own ethnicity as you will someone terrible or good outside of it. It is about how you carry yourself and finding someone compatible. Relationships are helped by society and can run smoother when society conforms to how you wish to run your life and relationship, but a husband and wife is a micro-society of itself which only you can run successfully. A nation of peoples is made up of successful individuals -> marriages -> communities, and upwards. Holding close our Turkic connections would give you the best chance of success, and spending time with people of a similar mindset would help as well.

Besides the positives and concerns addressed above, I believe it is now outside of the scope of this thread. If you want to ask more personal questions or feedback, you can send me a private message to continue discussing this.

Antiochos Theos
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Kura-Araxes
    Country
    Armenia
    Hero
    HHH
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 281
    Given: 280

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Turul Karom View Post
    I believe knowledge is king is more concerned about himself or Turkic people in his example than Muslims in general. I don't know if he is a Muslim or not. "Zero tolerance" is an extreme reply, and knowledge is king said nothing about a hardcore Islamic cultural environment for the possible children.

I hold the current crisis of Europe separate from our Central Asian connections and friendships because it is the fault of the West, and because Central Asian Turkic nations are not even the ones coming in anyway.

Unlike Chinese and Vietnamese though, Turkic peoples of Central Asia are much closer with us and therefore will become integrated into society better thanks to a common heritage and closer phenotype, which will make universally belonging naturally easier.

I believe that the media is showing more extreme attitudes of Arabian "Turks" than actual Anatolian Turks. The Anatolia of Atatürk would have been different in this respect. The current crisis of Turkey, which is actually something that the west does not care to address, is that ethnic Turkics are being displaced there and the Oghuz birth rate is not high. This demographic in Turkey is more secular yet shrinking, which is why current Turkish leadership rallies around a more pan-Islamic ideal rather than a ethnic Turkish ideal when attempting to secure votes.

I have met an Anatolian Turkish/Hungarian couple who was expecting the birth of their first child. The Anatolian Turk was secular and looked passable in Hungary, and adopted Hungarian local culture. I spent awhile talking with each of them, and they knew about Kurultaj as well. I feel like they will be fine in Hungary as long as they hold to our connections, as any Turkic couple would.

blogen is being dramatic when he says "zero tolerance" but I understand what he is saying. As I have told you, the primary issue will be religion.

Inter-Turkic marriage will be no problem providing you find a good woman in the first place. Regardless if it is Kazakhstan, Hungary, Turkey, or wherever, you are just as likely to find someone terrible or good within your own ethnicity as you will someone terrible or good outside of it. It is about how you carry yourself and finding someone compatible. Relationships are helped by society and can run smoother when society conforms to how you wish to run your life and relationship, but a husband and wife is a micro-society of itself which only you can run successfully. A nation of peoples is made up of successful individuals -> marriages -> communities, and upwards. Holding close our Turkic connections would give you the best chance of success, and spending time with people of a similar mindset would help as well.

Besides the positives and concerns addressed above, I believe it is now outside of the scope of this thread. If you want to ask more personal questions or feedback, you can send me a private message to continue discussing this.
    I think you are just another Turk pretending to be Hungarian.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishap View Post
    I think you are just another Turk pretending to be Hungarian.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...karom+gedmatch

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information