View Poll Results: Would it be better if Brazil was a hispanophone country?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Brazil would be a more influential country if we were hispanophone.

7 28.00%
  • No, it wouldn't make a diference if we spoke Spanish. Influence goes way beyond language

18 72.00%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Do you wish Brazil was a Spanish speaking country?

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 07:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Doggatronix Rex
    Ethnicity
    alien
    Ancestry
    DadsMTDNA-rare bantu. X chromosome- Llama peoples.iberian & gallician fags. Berbers & canarians
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    Neolithic eastern mediterranean
    mtDNA
    Noble natives
    Hero
    RossFractal(wise bearded one) https://s2.postimg.org/6uxdm1czd/bandicam_2017-08-05_01-21-16-584.jpg
    Religion
    Infidel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,848
    Given: 3,647

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicanese View Post
    did u read a nything i said about it

cibaeńos replace all their R sounds for an I, taide is just one word, r u really gonna argue with me over that dumb word, i already proved you with the dominican whiteness thing, he said taide but like i said, if u were really dominican from DR u could undrstand 100% of what he was saying

dominican americans and dominicans r not the same brah

but the reason y cibaeńos talk that way is because along time ago we had portuguese settlers in the cibao valley around the 1500s and 1600s, at that time portuguese settlers came to the americas in large

the problem is that it was way too long ago, that is basically part of our history that has been deluted by the later oncomming canarians, the famous canarian immigration of the 18th century to the spanish caribbean and other areas. some linguists have suggested that the "i" sound in cibao spanish may have formed by way of a old still living relec of the bozal spanish, which was a spanish portuguese african creole language or pidgin, but idk if im too in agreement with it

but it is definitely a portuguese influence and or a old andaluzian influence which btw would make no difference at this point since DR at said time before the canarians came, were basically andaluzian and portuguese ppl with little to no other iberians or euros, however blacks and mulattoes were more numerous than the euros at that time like today, because of slavery, but that is a whole other subject, and the cibao was actually blacker than it is today but it is becoming again like how it once was because of dominicans migrating from all over into santiago de los caballeros

the point im trying to make here is that "i" sound is portuguese

another interestuing theory also argued by some dominicans who study our culture very indept such as one that u may know that goes by the name of "jorge estevez" he is a dominican taino (obioyuslty not pure) but if im not mistaken, he scored as much native as you and hes a pure dominican from the cibao, if u dont know him look him up so u can see his pheno, its actually pretty interesting to see that we srtill have dominicans like that
    Whyte man. Please for goodness sakes just give the time in the video where he says taide. And that dominican is an embarrassment. Hes like a redneck but dark brown.
    I put a portugeese translator to pronounce tarde and it didnt sound like taide. It still has an r sound to it

https://www.google.com/search?client...hFgh2kB168o%3D

It pronounces like t-ar-ges or tar-dges

Banned
    Last Online
    06-27-2021 @ 10:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, West Africa, The Caribbean
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,414
    Given: 1,414

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin View Post
    Whyte man. Please for goodness sakes just give the time in the video where he says taide. And that dominican is an embarrassment. Hes like a redneck but dark brown.
    I put a portugeese translator to pronounce tarde and it didnt sound like taide. It still has an r sound to it

https://www.google.com/search?client...hFgh2kB168o%3D

It pronounces like t-ar-ges or tar-dges
    you dont get it bro

we r talking about a very old dialect, cibao spanish is proly one a the oldest spanish dialects in latin america

heres another cibao spanish, also says taide brah

and that brown guy aint no embarrasment, hes a campesino, something that u never seen before cause u havent gone the real DR

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 07:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Doggatronix Rex
    Ethnicity
    alien
    Ancestry
    DadsMTDNA-rare bantu. X chromosome- Llama peoples.iberian & gallician fags. Berbers & canarians
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    Neolithic eastern mediterranean
    mtDNA
    Noble natives
    Hero
    RossFractal(wise bearded one) https://s2.postimg.org/6uxdm1czd/bandicam_2017-08-05_01-21-16-584.jpg
    Religion
    Infidel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,848
    Given: 3,647

0 Not allowed!

you dont get it bro

we r talking about a very old dialect, cibao spanish is proly one a the oldest spanish dialects in latin america

heres another cibao spanish, also says taide brah

and that brown guy aint no embarrasment, hes a campesino, something that u never seen before cause u havent gone the real DR
    I dont hear any "taide" or tarde. What part of the video he says that? I just hear him talking a story of some trannies.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

0 Not allowed!

did u read a nything i said about it

cibaeńos replace all their R sounds for an I, taide is just one word, r u really gonna argue with me over that dumb word, i already proved you with the dominican whiteness thing, he said taide but like i said, if u were really dominican from DR u could undrstand 100% of what he was saying

dominican americans and dominicans r not the same brah

but the reason y cibaeńos talk that way is because along time ago we had portuguese settlers in the cibao valley around the 1500s and 1600s, at that time portuguese settlers came to the americas in large

the problem is that it was way too long ago, that is basically part of our history that has been deluted by the later oncomming canarians, the famous canarian immigration of the 18th century to the spanish caribbean and other areas. some linguists have suggested that the "i" sound in cibao spanish may have formed by way of a old still living relec of the bozal spanish, which was a spanish portuguese african creole language or pidgin, but idk if im too in agreement with it

but it is definitely a portuguese influence and or a old andaluzian influence which btw would make no difference at this point since DR at said time before the canarians came, were basically andaluzian and portuguese ppl with little to no other iberians or euros, however blacks and mulattoes were more numerous than the euros at that time like today, because of slavery, but that is a whole other subject, and the cibao was actually blacker than it is today but it is becoming again like how it once was because of dominicans migrating from all over into santiago de los caballeros

the point im trying to make here is that "i" sound is portuguese

another interestuing theory also argued by some dominicans who study our culture very indept such as one that u may know that goes by the name of "jorge estevez" he is a dominican taino (obioyuslty not pure) but if im not mistaken, he scored as much native as you and hes a pure dominican from the cibao, if u dont know him look him up so u can see his pheno, its actually pretty interesting to see that we srtill have dominicans like that

in his argument, he claims that the "i" sound in cibao spanish is actually from the taino and his conclusiong to this is rfom the extensive amount of taino names we have around the island which end with "ei" such as "mamei" baracutei, higuey
    it didnt come from portuguese settlers or tainos
    because the eastern part of cuba, it has been reported that they also do the same thing
    the same happens in certain parts of Choco, Colombia
    and even some part of Costa Chica, Mexico they do it too

what im guessing is that it came from africans who were colonized by the Portuguese and this was their way of speaking

and no, most Spanish in the Dominican republic were not Andalusian and Portuguese, in fact Portuguese were less than 1% of the Dominican republic during the colonial days
    most spaniards in dominican republic were andalusians, old castilians, new castilians, leones, extremadurans

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Ken O'Keefe, Booker T Coleman, Bob Marley, Elliott Hulse, Felix Antonion Cruz Jiminian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    it didnt come from portuguese settlers or tainos
    because the eastern part of cuba, it has been reported that they also do the same thing
    the same happens in certain parts of Choco, Colombia
    and even some part of Costa Chica, Mexico they do it too

what im guessing is that it came from africans who were colonized by the Portuguese and this was their way of speaking

and no, most Spanish in the Dominican republic were not Andalusian and Portuguese, in fact Portuguese were less than 1% of the Dominican republic during the colonial days
    most spaniards in dominican republic were andalusians, old castilians, new castilians, leones, extremadurans
    and canarians, we had alot of em

your right for most of it, remember eitherway if the portuguese were numerous at one point in DR, it was not long until they got completely deluted into the black pop and later canarians

i have to clarify that althought canarians did come in large numbers to the DR from 1680-1760, after 1760 that migration basically stopped, any one coming into the DR was in tiny waves that made no changes, during that time (the 1700s) the DR was at its whitest at 25% of the pop due to the canarians (the other 75% was mainly mulattoes and pure african slaves), however it wasnt long until the late 1700s when most whites fled the DR to mexico, venezuela, pr, cuba, etc... due to slaves revolts, haitian revolution, and constant black haitian slaves who didnt spoke any french terrorizing and invading settlements in the DR with firebottles and machetes. Ever since then the DR's white pop stayed at 10% like today and those 10-15% were r not pure white anymore.

so it is the groups that u said andalusians, old castilians, new castilians, leones, extremadurans, but aso canarians cause they contributed alot

i descent from mainly canarians from the late 18th century in the cibao region which is where im from, along with some asturian that i have from my dads side, but those came around the sametime like 300-400 years ago. and ofc my non euro blood SSA (mainly yoruba and fon) and taino

and i did remember the posts u sent me about old bozal spanish being spoken and recorded in writing from mexico, pr, and colombia i believe and they sounded like us alot

so you may be right

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

and canarians, we had alot of em

your right for most of it, remember eitherway if the portuguese were numerous at one point in DR, it was not long until they got completely deluted into the black pop and later canarians

i have to clarify that althought canarians did come in large numbers to the DR from 1680-1760, after 1760 that migration basically stopped, any one coming into the DR was in tiny waves that made no changes, during that time (the 1700s) the DR was at its whitest at 25% of the pop due to the canarians (the other 75% was mainly mulattoes and pure african slaves), however it wasnt long until the late 1700s when most whites fled the DR to mexico, venezuela, pr, cuba, etc... due to slaves revolts, haitian revolution, and constant black haitian slaves who didnt spoke any french terrorizing and invading settlements in the DR with firebottles and machetes. Ever since then the DR's white pop stayed at 10% like today and those 10-15% were r not pure white anymore.

so it is the groups that u said andalusians, old castilians, new castilians, leones, extremadurans, but aso canarians cause they contributed alot

i descent from mainly canarians from the late 18th century in the cibao region which is where im from, along with some asturian that i have from my dads side, but those came around the sametime like 300-400 years ago. and ofc my non euro blood SSA (mainly yoruba and fon) and taino

and i did remember the posts u sent me about old bozal spanish being spoken and recorded in writing from mexico, pr, and colombia i believe and they sounded like us alot

so you may be right
    im speaking more about the colonial days in which canarians werent present in DR until much later, obviously their numbers grew once they started to come to latin america, most heading to the dominican republic than to puerto rico or cuba

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-L51
    mtDNA
    L1c2b1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Minor Negroid
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

im speaking more about the colonial days in which canarians werent present in DR until much later, obviously their numbers grew once they started to come to latin america, most heading to the dominican republic than to puerto rico or cuba
    well yeah

the canarians that came over were in no doubt hearing a people speaking bozal spanish (spanish-portuguese creole language & spanish creole) in the sugar plantations, once these ppl interacted their kids would necessarily pick up the speech of their parents first and then later on speaking or picking up the dialect and idioms from the locals speaking bozal creole, causde that is what we speak basically a canarian-bozal spanish

iv said this before on a dominican spanish thread

(check it) rural Dominican Spanish (skip to 11:20)

Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,505
    Given: 36,955

0 Not allowed!

im not trolling, you are the one being upset being grouped with dominican republic
    both cultures and genetics but you guys as mulatto mixes with minor amerindian, the only difference is that brazilians are whiter than dominicans
    you guys along with Cubans are the only mulattoes genetically and culturally, the ones with the lowest Amerindian percentage, the only difference is the Euro % in all 3 countries, that is all

Puerto Ricans are more like the pred euro version of Venezuelans, both triracials, just that Venezuelans are balance triracials and Puerto Ricans pred euro triracials
    Balanced triracial my ass. Venezuela is mestizo-leaning triracial on average (more Amerindian/Euro than SSA mixture in its whole gene pool).

Around 50-54% Euro, 30% Amerindian and 17-20% African.

You talk like if the lower class of the favelas in Caracas (ranchos) represent the full picture of the Venezuela racial make up, when they don't.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    Balanced triracial my ass. Venezuela is mestizo-leaning triracial on average (more Amerindian/Euro than SSA mixture in its whole gene pool).

Around 50-54% Euro, 30% Amerindian and 17-20% African.

You talk like if the lower class of the favelas in Caracas (ranchos) represent the full picture of the Venezuela racial make up, when they don't.
    sure keep dreaming, the people on average look less than 50-54% euro
    and your figures also show that you they are triracials

Visayan Warrior
    Last Online
    04-30-2018 @ 02:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Filipino-American
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    O1a1*
    mtDNA
    E1a1a
    Taxonomy
    Deutromalayid + Palaungid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 28

0 Not allowed!

Well, Since Americans grow up with Latinos, they understand Spanish better. They are not good at learning another language. So, they definitely want Brazil to be a Spanish language country so they can communicate with Brazilians.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information