View Poll Results: Which do they look most like overall?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • British Isles (English, Scottish, Welsh, or Irish)

19 9.18%
  • French

98 47.34%
  • Northern Italians (Lazio northwards)

27 13.04%
  • Southern Italians (Lazio southwards)

35 16.91%
  • North Africa

28 13.53%
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Iberians: Which non-Iberian group do they look closest to?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Well I wouldn't intentionally post inaccurate pictures, so if they are so offensive to you guys I can simply remove them.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cg93 View Post
    Well I wouldn't intentionally post inaccurate pictures, so if they are so offensive to you guys I can simply remove them.
    That's not the point at all. It isn't offensive to post pictures of groups of Spanish, Italian, French, North African etc. people. But it doesn't really prove much one way or the other.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-17-2014 @ 06:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    --
    Country
    Vatican
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cg93 View Post
    I think an example of a rather British or Irish looking Spaniard is David Villa, although he looks very much Iberian at the same time.

Now post pics of Colin Farrell and other "dark Britons" to prove your point...

Lord Protector of Spain, Septimania and Galicia Raikaswinžs's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-10-2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Escobarian
    Ancestry
    Spain, Poland, Americas
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Taxonomy
    Criollo
    Politics
    San Escobarian Patriot
    Religion
    National Escobarian Church
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,613
    Given: 356

0 Not allowed!

Excluding new worlders such as Argentinians and Uruguaians, where many of them can“t be considered non iberians, since they are indeed of Iberian stock... I would say that South French and The more "swarthy" types encountered in the British Isles are the closest in appearance (and probably in genetic similarity too).

On second place, I would say that generally all mediterranean groups are moreor less similar to the spaniards, although, taking them as a whole, they are clearly different.

From those mediterranean countries, I would say Italians and Greeks would be the closest. It is no surprise since blood has flowed both ways. Hispania was a Roman Province , and much of Italy was part of the crown of Aragon too. Greeks have traded and set colonies in both peninsulas (Iberian and Italian). Also the sense of fashion of greeks and spaniards is more similar to each other (an observation that I have heard from many people) while Italians stand out differently.

In spain I have heard a lot this jape: An Italian is nothing but a big-nosed, fashionable Spaniard (please my Italic friends, do not take this literally ,it is just a bit of Iberian humour highlighting a feeling of brotherhood)

After Italians and Greeks, I think some Balcan groups would apply. Many Serbs look like Basques to me, for example

Then, maybe Lebansese, Isrraeli,or Caucasians, where many individuals have Iberian features , and yet they clearly again as groups.

Finally, in some Slavic areas, such as the south of poland (specially the mountainous voivoidships), Slovakia, and other areas such as Hungary and Romania, it is very easy to find many individuals neutral and swarthy enough to be taken for a stereotypical spanish.

(stereotypical Iberian looks include the David Villa kind, the Jorge Sanz King,Fabregas kind ,the Figo kind, the Antonio Resines Kind, he Victoria Abril Kind,Pauleta kind, Carvalho kind, Bardem kind and unfortunately, the sorts of Banderas and Cruz too)

and no, friends the Torres look is not the stereotypical nor the average. the fact is that there are much more Torres type people in spain than what is portrayed in the outside, but it is still a minority type, saying that your average Spaniard looks like Fernando Torres, Fernando Llorente or Anne Igartiburu is a falacy. But a well 10% of the population yes, is blonde and traces of blondism such as fair eyes or ash blonde hair can be seen in around 25-30% of the population . This concentration is higher in determinate areas, and lower in others.

this said, the stereotype of the Brit is also missleading. Blondism in its pure form (pale eyes, light blond or red har types, light green or light blue eyes, freckles, and inability to tan) is not SO MUCH higher than the spanish 10%. I would say it reaches maybe 15%-20% max. Wille population with some traces of blondism can reach maybe up to 40%-50%.

Still, the gross of the brittish population has a similar complexion and phenotype to the gross of the Iberian.
    Last edited by Raikaswinžs; 03-07-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Escobarian
    Ancestry
    Spain, Poland, Americas
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Taxonomy
    Criollo
    Politics
    San Escobarian Patriot
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Here“s a rough ranking of the most similar countries to Iberians in terms of people“s look a like

Iberians to each other (portuguese, castilian, basque, catalan, gallaecian) 95% similarity

Iberia- South France 80% similarity

Iberia- Italy 60-65% Similarity

Iberia- Greece 55-60% Similarity

Iberia - Ireland 40-50% similarity

Iberia - UK 40% Similarity

I only ranked the countries where enough people is similar enough to become a widely observable phenomenon, and again, excluding Uruguay, Argentina and other territories populated historically by a majority of Iberians

Last Online
    02-14-2015 @ 01:48 PM
    The true West Europe, Core of the Atlantic Facade.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtibero, Old Westerner, Atlantic Facade and 100% pure Iberian.
    Ethnicity
    Cantabri, Tierruca.
    Ancestry
    Mother Spain, father Spain ect....Until the first amoeba.
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Conquistador 100% Pure Iberian
    Politics
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Religion
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,607
    Given: 3,171

1 Not allowed!

What's Fernando Torres in particular that only 10% of the Spanish are like him? the very dark brown eyes? the brown hair? the Atlantic long face?

æTal vez es que él es atractivo? ælos espańoles no podemos ser atractivos? æeso pertenece tan solo a otros paķses? si alguien tiene un aspecto fuerte y atractivo no es un espańol comśn æverdad?

Tiene una cara de nenuco madrileńo de el montón que flipas, sin que eso sea nada ni negativo ni especial en Espańa.

Espada tengo. Lo demįs, Dios lo remedie.

In the west almost all Spain had been subjugated, except that part which adjoins the cliffs where the Pyrenees end and is washed by the nearer waters of the ocean. Here two powerful nations, the Cantabrians and the Asturians, lived in freedom from the rule of Rome.")
    — Lucius Anneus Florus , Epitome de T. Livio Bellorum omnium annorum DCC Libri duo Bellum Cantabricum et Asturicum

Ethnicity of the Celts/Iberian. Tribes: Avariginos, Blendi, Concanos, Coniscos, Orgenomescos, Plentusios, Tamįricos and Vadinienses.--->http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...40#post3047240

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Escobarian
    Ancestry
    Spain, Poland, Americas
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Taxonomy
    Criollo
    Politics
    San Escobarian Patriot
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CaballoLoco View Post
    What's Fernando Torres in particular that only 10% of the Spanish are like him? the very dark brown eyes? the brown hair? the Atlantic long face?

light pigmentation and freckles.10 per cent of 45 million is 4.5 million.He is not exactly rare or unique. That is a lot of people caballo. anyway they are only rough estimations. now as I said, add people who are ash blond, have a lighter pigmentation or fair eyes, or any combination of lighter and swarthier features...and you get roughly 30-40% of the population.

I am fair skinned, and yet I can tan well. So most european peoples from continental,and specially mediterranean origin

Pure blondes as described above, we probably have more than a couple of millions too.

Also fair skin is also a relative term. for people with the fairest skintones, anything is swarthier but their own. However, most of the fair skinned people in the world is closer to the Mediterranean fairness, than to the north atlantic.

If we rank fairness from 1 to 10, 1 being the fairest of all types, and 10 the darkest, 99% of -Iberians would be placed somewhere between 2 and 4, with the vast majority in the area of 3 (similar to most european countries, specially those in the mediterranean basin)
    Last edited by Raikaswinžs; 03-07-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Last Online
    02-14-2015 @ 01:48 PM
    The true West Europe, Core of the Atlantic Facade.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtibero, Old Westerner, Atlantic Facade and 100% pure Iberian.
    Ethnicity
    Cantabri, Tierruca.
    Ancestry
    Mother Spain, father Spain ect....Until the first amoeba.
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Conquistador 100% Pure Iberian
    Politics
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Religion
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,607
    Given: 3,171

1 Not allowed!

Is that rare in Spanish? my eyes must be failing, I thought the light skinned color was common in Spain. Freckles? so if a Spanish has freckles then not look like Spanish? nonsense, seamos un poco serios, ya estį bien que los extranjeros digan tonterķas, no les hagamos la ola hombre, Fernando Torres es un clįsico chavaluco espańol, con o sin pecas.

Espada tengo. Lo demįs, Dios lo remedie.

In the west almost all Spain had been subjugated, except that part which adjoins the cliffs where the Pyrenees end and is washed by the nearer waters of the ocean. Here two powerful nations, the Cantabrians and the Asturians, lived in freedom from the rule of Rome.")
    — Lucius Anneus Florus , Epitome de T. Livio Bellorum omnium annorum DCC Libri duo Bellum Cantabricum et Asturicum

Ethnicity of the Celts/Iberian. Tribes: Avariginos, Blendi, Concanos, Coniscos, Orgenomescos, Plentusios, Tamįricos and Vadinienses.--->http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...40#post3047240

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Ancestry
    Castilla la Vieja
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    nationalism
    Religion
    Espańa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,980
    Given: 1,061

1 Not allowed!

A mi Torres me parece un espańol de lo mįs normal, en cualquier barrio, insituto, o universidad espańola te encuentras montones de esos fenotipos. To me Torres is an average spaniard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojįncanu View Post
    Also fair skin is also a relative term. for people with the fairest skintones, anything is swarthier but their own. However, most of the fair skinned people in the world is closer to the Mediterranean fairness, than to the north atlantic.

If we rank fairness from 1 to 10, 1 being the fairest of all types, and 10 the darkest, 99% of -Iberians would be placed somewhere between 2 and 4, with the vast majority in the area of 3 (similar to most european countries, specially those in the mediterranean basin)
    There was a study on skin color from Jablonski which placed spaniards (from León) slightly fairer than Belgians or Londoners (natives), when not tanned, Here it is :
    http://racialreality.blogspot.com/20...ted-world.html

Last Online
    10-07-2012 @ 08:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Iberian/Briton
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric
    Politics
    Apolitical
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

0 Not allowed!

Yeah I“m quite fed up too with the obsession of the OP about woggish people.

There“s nothing wrong on being a dark complected caucasian. And though you will always be either hated or despised by nordicists, all you have to do is ignore them. Just get over it god dammit!

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information