View Poll Results: Which phenotype did ancient Andronovo people mostly have?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • East Nordid

13 59.09%
  • Iranid

0 0%
  • Baltid

2 9.09%
  • Pontid

2 9.09%
  • North Pontid

1 4.55%
  • Alpinid

0 0%
  • Armenoid

0 0%
  • Dinarid

0 0%
  • Irano Mediterranid

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

4 18.18%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Andronovo people's phenotype

Banned
    Last Online
    06-29-2023 @ 12:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Veslan View Post
    Altantid to hallstatt nordics with high cranial vaults? Lol, you are either clueless or trolling.

Andronovo series cranial records:

As you can see, Lenght-Height cranial index (Высотно-продольный указатель) is always above 70 for Andronovo series. This makes them way too high vaulted on average to be "atlantid to hallstatt nordic".
    sorry to burst your bubble but.....Attachment 121589 heres a reconstruction of a woman from the kulevchi burial of the alakul culture of southern trans urals, shes kelto-saxon and shes low vaulted clearly, with a few dinarid features+hallstatt like influence but with cm

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Altantid to hallstatt nordics with high cranial vaults? Lol, you are either clueless or trolling.

Andronovo series cranial records:

As you can see, Lenght-Height cranial index (Высотно-продольный указатель) is always above 70 for Andronovo series. This makes them way too high vaulted on average to be "atlantid to hallstatt nordic".
    also you really cant tell exact phenotypes based on skull "vault" or cranial index, unless there are very stark features at present that can help us navigate through, pontid/atlantid differ in facial features more than neurocranium, your the same guy that posted a graph with like 3 sample of andronovo with ligh hair and claiming that all of them were "light haired" based on that mere 3 samples, why should i be inclined to adhere to this nonsense, it took you a mere fucking 3 samples just to generalize, you are to narrow minded and dogmatic dude, you arent a well published anthropologist or anything

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    Let's summarize facts.

Fact 1 indisputable.
    CWC were mostly R1a carriers

source https://royalsocietypublishing.org/d...rspb.2019.1528
    and even more the chart from unknown source you pasted above.

Fact 2 indisputable.

The structure of the y-chromosomes in present-day Scandinavia is completely different from that brought by the CWC

source
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...92867422014684

Please tell us now how you want to prove your thesis
    number 1, disputable

2 disputable

"I1-M253 (TMRCA 4600 YBP): Haplogroup I1 is present at a frequency of 37% among Norwegians (Dupuy et al. 2006, Genet et al. 2004), 37% among Swedes (Lappalainen et al. 2008, Genet et al. 2004), and 35% among Danes (Genet et al. 2004). I1 is also present at high frequencies among Icelanders, Frisians in the Netherlands, in Western Finland, the eastern parts of England, and in Northern Germany.
    R1b-U106 (TMRCA 4600 YBP): Haplogroup R1b is present at a frequency of 31.3% among Norwegians (Dupuy et al. 2006), 23.6% among Swedes (Karlsson et al. 2006), and 36.1% among Danes (Sanchez et al. 2004). The plurality of R1b lineages among Scandinavians belong to the R1b-U106 sublineage, with the second most common sublineage being R1b-P312. In Europe, R1b-U106 reaches its peak in frequency among Frisians in the Netherlands.
    R1a-Z284 (TMRCA 4200 YBP): Haplogroup R1a is present at a frequency of 26.3% among Norwegians (Dupuy et al. 2006), 24.4% among Swedes (Lappalainen et al. 2008), and 16.5% among Danes (Sanchez et al. 2004). Most of the R1a in Scandinavia is of the Z284 branch, descended from the Battle Axe culture. In Europe, R1a-Z284 reaches its peak in the northern, northeastern and northwestern parts of Norway and Sweden."

all of these are from cwc, single grave clearly had a abrupt explosion in r1b dumbass, its a corded ware variant aswell, look at the graph i posted above and stop this sperging

Last Online
    05-11-2024 @ 05:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Central Polish
    Ancestry
    Anti-Semitic from my mother's side
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Masovia
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    U4
    Taxonomy
    Noric
    Politics
    Bij bolszewika w każdej go postaci, bo to jest twój największy dzisiaj wróg.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,514
    Given: 697

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joeary View Post
    also you really cant tell exact phenotypes based on skull "vault" or cranial index
    I can. Lol. That's what real physical anthropology is about. We take measures and make observations based on them.
    pontid/atlantid differ in facial features more than neurocranium
    Wrong, you are clueless.
    your the same guy that posted a graph with like 3 sample of andronovo with ligh hair and claiming that all of them were "light haired" based on that mere 3 samples
    I didn't say all of them were light haired. But samples that were found and tested from Andronovo culture implies they were predominantly light haired. If you find a better study which will imply Andronovo was mostly dark-haired, I will have changed my mind.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I can. Lol. That's what real physical anthropology is about. We take measures and make observations based on them.

Wrong, you are clueless.

I didn't say all of them were light haired. But samples that were found and tested from Andronovo culture implies they were predominantly light haired. If you find a better study which will imply Andronovo was mostly dark-haired, I will have changed my mind.
    metrics dont correlate to precise looks, i highly doubt andronovo all looked same in that regards, if we go based on metrics alone than every single andronovo looked basically a clone of each other, a rather stupid logic

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Central Polish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Masovia
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    U4
    Taxonomy
    Noric
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

metrics dont correlate to precise looks, i highly doubt andronovo all looked same in that regards, if we go based on metrics alone than every single andronovo looked basically a clone of each other, a rather stupid logic
    Keep coping. If they had significant low vaulted phenotype minority, they wouldn't be high vaulted on average.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Keep coping. If they had significant low vaulted phenotype minority, they wouldn't be high vaulted on average.
    high vault is more aesthetically pleasing and all, but you are seriously generalizing, pretty sure there was a study once that said something about andronovians having "all types of head forms" polymorphism clearly manifested, but if you really insist that they were mostly "corded nordid" then they mostly looked like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02897-730x410.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	121593

but on average sure, but try not to exclude the possibility of there being atlantid-hallstatt phenotypes amongst proto indo iranians, there exists hallstatt strains in afghanistan and logic dictates attribution to a good portion of the populous of proto indo iranians having such a phenotype and brought to isolated places of asia

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Central Polish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Masovia
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    U4
    Taxonomy
    Noric
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

high vault is more aesthetically pleasing and all, but you are seriously generalizing, pretty sure there was a study once that said something about andronovians having "all types of head forms" polymorphism clearly manifested, but if you really insist that they were mostly "corded nordid" then they mostly looked like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02897-730x410.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	121593

but on average sure, but try not to exclude the possibility of there being atlantid-hallstatt phenotypes amongst proto indo iranians, there exists hallstatt strains in afghanistan and logic dictates attribution to a good portion of the populous of proto indo iranians having such a phenotype and brought to isolated places of asia
    Well I never said they were mostly Corded Nordid. There are more traits to Corded than just a high cranial vault. I just said they were certainly not more Hallstatt than Corded.
    Btw. Indo-Iranians weren't the only Indo-Europeans who ruled over Afghanistan. There were also Greeks and the British. Their genetic influence is obviously way less significant, but still somewhat exists, especially Greek.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well I never said they were mostly Corded Nordid. There are more traits to Corded than just a high cranial vault. I just said they were certainly not more Hallstatt than Corded.
    Btw. Indo-Iranians weren't the only Indo-Europeans who ruled over Afghanistan. There were also Greeks and the British. Their genetic influence is obviously way less significant, but still somewhat exists, especially Greek.
    theres hallstatt and other north-west european types is concentrated mainly in the nursitani isolated region, there are mutliple studies that uphold no evidence of greek contribution to modern afghan ethnic groups

"Research into human DNA has emerged as a new and innovative tool being used to explore the genetic make-up of various populations in order to ascertain historical population movements. According to some genetic research (the source of which is disclosed under the references section below regarding a random sampling of Pashtun populations without specfication as to which Pashtun tribes were tested in western Pakistan) the anthropological evidence that the Pashto-speaking Pashtuns are related to other Iranian groups as well as the Burusho of the Northern Areas of Pakistan, who speak a language isolate. The genetic testing, though still in its initial phases, has not shown any substantial connection between the general Pashtun population sampled to the genetic markers found among most Greeks, Jews, or Arabs. What may be the case is that the gentically Pashtuns have slightly changed over time by due to vairous migrations in the area, while still maintaining an eastern Iranian base genetically overall. Ultimately, a much more detailed, transparent and wider sampling of Pashtun DNA will be required before a conclusive and generally representative answer of Pashto tribal origins can be answered."

https://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~rwest/wiki...C%20or%20Arabs.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0034288

also, since there is zero British admixture amongst punjabis who are lesser endogenous than afghans, i wouldint think think there can be amongst bunch of tribal dudes who will legit shoot someone for touching hands even if its an accident of the same gender

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-14-2024 @ 01:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Kashubian
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,821
    Given: 966

1 Not allowed!

number 1, disputable
    You haven't provided any proof yet.
    What's more, you yourself confirmed in your graph that BA were exclusively related to R1a.

all of these are from cwc,

StoraFörvar11 5500-5250 BC Stora Förvar cave, Stora Karlsö Island Sweden SHG pre-I1-M253 (xL121) Skoglund 2014
    BAB5 5300-4900 BC* Balatonszemes-Bagódomb Hungary LBKT_Neolithic I1-M253 Szécsényi-Nagy 2014

As you can see I1-M253 is not a Steppe haplotype.

single grave clearly had a abrupt explosion in r1b dumbass
    That's enough to discard your theories based on chromosome Y.

Spaniards have the majority of R1b, Lithuanians- haplogroup N1c, which is completely inconsistent with their real origin.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information