Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default CBC's "Vote Compass"

So have any of my fellow Canucks tried this thing out yet? If so, did it do a relatively good job at identifying your political leanings?

Share!! (If you dare! )

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...1/votecompass/

Last Online
    04-14-2011 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Krauty
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

I actually laughed out loud at the grouping. As if the Libs aren't on the other side of the economic axis with the CPC, and as if the CPC isn't much closer to the economic centre. What a tragic joke.

Also of note: my answers were socially liberal and fiscally moderate. Yet, look where I am. Curious, that--no?

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 11:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    "...ice people, Europeans, colonizers, oppressors, the cold, rigid element in world history."
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

I actually just tried this myself and when refreshing and trying to get a copy of the diagram to post here, lost it all. (I'm such a n00b! ) But it did peg me as smack dab in Liberal territory with my own check mark right in the centre of the economic axis and a wee bit north on the Social Liberalism side as opposed to the Social Conservatism side of the axis.

So it basically said I most closely resemble a Liberal. No big surprise in a sense since I've never voted for any form of Conservative party ever in my life. But there's always a first time for everything I guess. We'll just have to wait and see how all of this unfolds during the next few weeks.

Oh and thanks for posting that above bit Sword. It also told me I was least like a Conservative! LOL Maybe I'm more of a frustrated Bloc person.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

How do I put up the picture with my score ?

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 11:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    "...ice people, Europeans, colonizers, oppressors, the cold, rigid element in world history."
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Gotta take a screen shot, and then upload it to a photo hosting site

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Alright. I seem to be landing just "south" of centre. Slightly socially conservative but leaning towards the Liberal Party.

Although it really depends on what issue we're dealing with:

When it comes to Afghanistan I think that all troops should be withdrawn immediately and that some troops should be dispatched to the Artic. I am against any form of close cooperation with the United States. In my position there I am stuck between the NDP and the Conservatives.

When it comes to the economy I take a left-of-centre approach and I end up between the Bloc Québécois and the NDP.

When it comes to the environment it would be the NDP for me. I am pro-environment but it has to be sensible and I am sorry to say it that brutal but the Greens are nuts. Carbon Tax and all.. what are they thinking ?

When it comes to the government programs I am more to the right. I believe that there should be some personal responsibility in the form of a mutuality fund against unemployment (no one should of course be left behind) but cuts will have to be made and efficiency has to be guaranteed.

When it comes to the multicriminal society I would scare the Bloc Québécois and the Conservatives: learn English or French or piss off (and preferably piss off altogether). And I don't think that many more immigrants should be welcomed for the time being.

When it comes to Law and Order I get closest to the Conservatives although I am a bit more mild then they are. I am against the gun registration too believing that such stuff is superfluous.

And when it comes to Moral Values I am unimpressed by the Conservatives and I believe that abortion should get a term limit (here in the Netherlands it's 24 weeks) and that euthanasia is a personal decision that should be respected (and actually removed from any Civil Code) but I am against gay marriage (although civil unions would be o.k in my book).

Parliamentary reform ? Mais Pourquoi ? Keep the Senate the way it is (although either democratise it or have it elected by the provinces) and keep government funding for political parties. It's better that a government or independent fund does it.. then cooperate interest. I am stuck to the right of the Greens and the Liberals.

When it comes to Québéc I disagree with Québéc's independence however I do think that the Québécois are a nation. But one that should remain as a part of Canada although they and they alone have any rights to decide about their own culture. It's none of Ottawa's damn business.

Taxes. We love 'em or we hate them. I am more neutral towards them but I do think that income tax for the wealthy should be lowered. However: it's payback time for the companies. They are going to receive some bloody tax notes as they have made a lot of money in a very unethical way. And I am sure that they in Canada are just as morally bankrupt as their colleagues here or in the United States.
    Last edited by The Lawspeaker; 03-30-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

Ah Canadian politics. MY FAVORITE SUBJECT.

Decided to come back and take part. This compass thing placed me in the Liberal Party, but I cannot stand Ignatieff, so I will not be voting for them.

I hate all of the leaders. I think I will be voting Green. I know it's pretty much like throwing my vote away, but, Elizabeth May is the only one who seems to have half a brain. Her and Gilles Duceppe, I like him but yeah, they're a Quebec-only party.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

This is me most specifically:

Although when it comes to economy, I'm more in line with the Conservatives (and sometimes even mull voting Conservative in this economic crisis because I believe the party is most capable, despite that I hate Harper).

For immigration and multiculturalism, I'm more in line with the Bloc Quebecois, which is against multiculturalism and only for minimal immigration from "compatible" populations.

Defense: I think Canada should be pulled out of Afghanistan and there should be increased military presence in the Arctic.

Oh yes, and even though I am not from Quebec, I would support independence if it was attained, however, I'd be running across New Brunswick in my underwear to get in if that happened.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 30 15.40.gif 
Views:	300 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	7838  

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-23-2016 @ 05:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48

0 Not allowed!

Im seemingly closer to liberal. I was very very 'socially' liberal when it came to issues like gay marriage and abortion, both of which I am highly in favour of, but was even more 'conservative' then the conservative party when it came to issues of immigration.
    If I vote in toronto, conservative would in no way win in my riding, so its a closer race between liberal and ndp (of which ndp usually wins) and I would probably go liberal.

However in my home town, the Block wins every time, so I am more likely to vote block there given that I do have some political affinity with some of their views (although I am NOT a seperatist) and that they are pretty much guaranteed the seat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information