Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

Default Cheese Rolling 2011 festival cancelled

News - The new-look 2011 Gloucester Cheese Rolling event has been cancelled, organisers announced today, following threats and abuse from disgruntled members of the public.

Despite plans for a new two-day ticketed format, the 2011 Cheese Rolling has been cancelled.

While the introduction of a £20 entrance fee to watch the 2011 Cheese Rolling action from the slopes of Cooper’s Hill in Gloucester was never going to be a popular move, organisers have now announced the cancellation of this year’s event because of threats and abuse of committee members.

Following a meeting on Tuesday 22 March 2011, the Cheese Rolling committee decided that the public backlash about the new two-day paid formula had made the event unworkable – with individual committee members having reported verbal abuse, being spat at and threatened with violence.

The 2009 event attracted a crowd of around 15,000 people to a venue equipped to cope with only 5,000, with the 2010 subsequently event being cancelled over health and safety concerns.

In despite of a new controlled and ticketed format for 2011, it is now feared that the world famous event, with a history dating back hundreds of years, will now die.

http://www.soglos.com/sport-outdoor/...2011-cancelled
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Banned
    Last Online
    05-02-2012 @ 09:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Arab
    Ethnicity
    Palestinian
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    SSNP
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

CHEESE rolling in Gloucestershire was "killed" because of the plan to charge for entry for the first time ever.

That's the view of 83-year-old Diana Smart, who supplied the cheese for the event until yesterday's shock cancellation.

We told you yesterday how the two-day cheese festival planned for June had been called off after threats were made to the organising committee over the £20 entrance fees.

Diana, of Churcham, said: "They were killing it by putting up the price so enormously, for a family it would cost £50 or £60 and that's too much."
    Click here for more

Six-times cheese rolling champion Chris Anderson, 23, said: "I can totally understand why they wanted to cancel it.

"It's an absolute joke that they've been treated this way."

Some people in Brockworth have hit out over criticism of the organisers of the Cooper's Hill event, which has been branded personal and cruel.

But others re-iterated the lack of support they had for it in the first place, after the organising committee was forced to team up with event management and marketing companies and increase the security budget.

The organisers revealed they were throwing in the towel following criticism, taunts and being "spat at in the street".

One opposer of the bigger, paid-for event, even vowed to defecate in the organisers' gardens on social networking website Twitter.

County and borough councillor Mike Collins (Lib Dem, Brockworth), leapt to the defence of organisers.

He said: "I was disappointed to hear it had been cancelled, but I am even more disappointed that people think they can treat people who give up their time this badly.

"These people think they can just turn up on the day, do their thing and then leave, but there's so much work involved in advance and afterwards."

But Brockworth Parish Council chairman Jim Hunt said: "Officially we were not involved in it, apart from the fact they held their initial meetings at our community centre.

"I went along to the meeting they had with residents, purely as an observer, because I represent the people who live around Cooper's Hill."

"I could not support the idea that the residents of Brockworth who have supported it as a tradition for hundreds of years would have to pay £20."
    http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....l/article.html

Banned
    Last Online
    07-08-2013 @ 12:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germ-manic
    Ethnicity
    Eurotrash Girl
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Essex
    Politics
    Anarcho-Stalinist Agrarian Commienazism ★♨☭卐
    Religion
    ☠ Death Eaterism ☠
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Outrageous. THey should have a mass Hill Invasion.

Twenty FUCKING Quid!!!

There's a Facebook page, and some online pressure might be a good idea, but I'm not very good at working facebook. Have a look and do what you can, if you've a mind to;
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheese...ref=ts&sk=info

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

We have two guys on my company in their 20s and they both live in Brockworth, the whole community is outraged by all that is happening so they say!
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Thread Information