Sokrates
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 850
    Given: 597

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albobalboa View Post
    The reason for burning the flag and being angry is because Turk minorities are (were?) trying to play political games and said they could bring down the government if they weren't respected or something. Basically the Turks want to play Serbian games in Kosovo, and of course the Albanians won't like that.

Albanians differ from Serbs, Greeks and Turks by being tribal rather than religious/national. There's no brotherhood or religious identity other than in certain groups here and there, the underlying foundation is tribal. Same in Sandzak there's Bosniaks that fear Albanians want to claim Sandzak, simply because Albanians deep down wouldn't give a fuck about "Bosniak muslim" identity and it would be full on Albanization sooner or later.

Basically you need to give respect to get respect. Turks believe that since they recognized Kosovo all Albanians will support them in trying to get a chokehold over Kosovo, but really it's only Americans that have that kind of clout, and even with them there could be problems down the road. In a way we're destined to be isolated people by our mentalities.

There's a problem though that Albanians from Albania seem to be influencing Kosovo. We don't want to be closer to "brother Greeks" you fucking homos.
    Say what you want about the greeks, they are our closest kin. Even if the friendship is not solid, blood is blood and it cant be turned into water.

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trilecce View Post
    Say what you want about the greeks, they are our closest kin. Even if the friendship is not solid, blood is blood and it cant be turned into water.
    Greeks don't recognize Kosovo. Greek society has been spewing propaganda against Albanians and fighting Albanian interests for decades, and still is. You can't compare them with a nation that we are on good terms with, as Turkey.

They are your brothers, definitely not ours. Worry about southern Albania instead of Kosovo, your mentality is poison to Kosovo society.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-09-2019 @ 05:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleo Haemonic
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric and Pindus mountains
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Goteborg
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean-Dinaric
    Politics
    Classic Liberal
    Hero
    Sokrates
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Greeks don't recognize Kosovo. Greek society has been spewing propaganda against Albanians and fighting Albanian interests for decades, and still is. You can't compare them with a nation that we are on good terms with, as Turkey.

They are your brothers, definitely not ours. Worry about southern Albania instead of Kosovo, your mentality is poison to Kosovo society.
    You must have seen comparisons of our populations through genetics. We are undistinguishable from north to the south. Turks are in no way kin to us, they are wolves in sheepskins.

They were on route to recognize us, they had official talks and state visists to Kosovo, under their KFOR leadership the military presence in Kosovo has been drawn back. Sweden pushed for more military presence for fucks sake. You have the greeks to thanks for not seeing military vehicles everywhere on the streets, like it was before.

If they would not have had their crisis, Kosovo would have been recognized by now. However, it will come soon. Especially since there is progress on the Cyprus issue. Ironically, the turkish hard headedness on the cyprus issue is what is hlding back a greek recognition of Kosovo.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You must have seen comparisons of our populations through genetics. We are undistinguishable from north to the south. Turks are in no way kin to us, they are wolves in sheepskins.
    Comes off as if I hate Greece, I don't. Be friendly with everyone and respect everyone that respects you back. Greece has done everything it could to ruin Albanian interests, I don't care about thousand year old blood relations when it comes to that. I'd kill my own cousin if he wanted to kill my family, just an extreme example.

From what I know Greeks and Albanians are similar due to some neolithic descent (correct me if I'm wrong), that's way too far back to be meaningful. I'd rather be close to successful modern people such as British, Germans, Americans, Turks, Polacks, Italians etc, where we can have future development and realistic, logical relations.

Is it Turkish wolves trying to steal South Albania? Have you read Greek propaganda that is pushed out constantly on Albanians? You think they're your friend because you maybe visit there, but the Greek state is 100% against Albanians. We won't agree on this so let's no derail the thread further.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-09-2019 @ 05:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleo Haemonic
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric and Pindus mountains
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Goteborg
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean-Dinaric
    Politics
    Classic Liberal
    Hero
    Sokrates
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Comes off as if I hate Greece, I don't. Be friendly with everyone and respect everyone that respects you back. Greece has done everything it could to ruin Albanian interests, I don't care about thousand year old blood relations when it comes to that. I'd kill my own cousin if he wanted to kill my family, just an extreme example.

From what I know Greeks and Albanians are similar due to some neolithic descent (correct me if I'm wrong), that's way too far back to be meaningful. I'd rather be close to successful modern people such as British, Germans, Americans, Turks, Polacks, Italians etc, where we can have future development and realistic, logical relations.

Is it Turkish wolves trying to steal South Albania? Have you read Greek propaganda that is pushed out constantly on Albanians? You think they're your friend because you maybe visit there, but the Greek state is 100% against Albanians. We won't agree on this so let's no derail the thread further.
    There is no state in this world who has helped post-communist albania more than the Greek state. They have been and still are our number 1 investor. Our whole tourism industry grows with their guidance and investments. Sure they seek return on investment, but thats only fair and i see no problem in that. I hope they get back a 100 fold. Greece has let almost 500'000 albanians to permanently live, work and study in their country. At any given point there are close to 1'000'000 albanians in Greece. Sweden got only 50'000 and went almost crazy wanting to send back as many as they could.

EVERYWHERE in greece you will find Albanians. In ALL their big cities you have LOTS of albanians in every corner. I couldnt walk 200 meters without hearing someone speak albanian. NO OTHER COUNTRY IS WILLING TO DO THIS. I am to say the least very thankful.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There is no state in this world who has helped post-communist albania more than the Greek state. They have been and still are our number 1 investor. Our whole tourism industry grows with their guidance and investments. Sure they seek return on investment, but thats only fair and i see no problem in that. I hope they get back a 100 fold. Greece has let almost 500'000 albanians to permanently live, work and study in their country. At any given point there are close to 1'000'000 albanians in Greece. Sweden got only 50'000 and went almost crazy wanting to send back as many as they could.

EVERYWHERE in greece you will find Albanians. In ALL their big cities you have LOTS of albanians in every corner. I couldnt walk 200 meters without hearing someone speak albanian. NO OTHER COUNTRY IS WILLING TO DO THIS. I am to say the least very thankful.
    Those Albanians contributed to Greece economically and were labelled criminals and prostitutes the whole bunch. Greece even with Albanians and immigrants is dying demographically and you think they took immigrants to help you out, as if the rest of europe would be closed forever. You're so naive to think emigration/immigration are one-sided things. They basically benefit from you while fighting your interests as much as they can. Greek funded views on south Albania https://www.himara.gr/

Either way, let's agree to disagree on it.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-06-2022 @ 08:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Orange
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,409
    Given: 1,009

0 Not allowed!

I can tell you that Greeks don’t consider Albanians as their kin. And to be honest, Greeks are culturally different from Albanians. Even Arvanites try to distance themselves from Albanians despite the fact that their language is literally an Albanian dialect.

I don’t consider Albanians to be my kin either but that makes sense, I’m from an island that is closer to Libya than to Albania. You are probably talking about mainland Greeks, not islanders who really have nothing to do with Albanians.

Btw Albanians are closer to Montenegrins than to Greeks. But you probably hate Montenegrins too I guess.

That being said, I like Albanians. I grew up with Albanian friends. And I also hope Greece recognizes Kosovo one day.

Last Online
    02-19-2023 @ 03:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tosk Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,542
    Given: 600

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    Albanians hate Turks, Serbs, Greeks, Macedonians etc...

Only Americans are their friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We also have good ties with Germans too.
    For a long time now.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tosk Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It's true that their propaganda is out of limits.
    Every now and then Greek media keeps saying how much Albos hate Greece and that they want to attack them and get back Cameria.
    I don't know who is behind this propaganda but it's trying to keep the hate between us.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tosk Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavrentis View Post
    I can tell you that Greeks don’t consider Albanians as their kin. And to be honest, Greeks are culturally different from Albanians. Even Arvanites try to distance themselves from Albanians despite the fact that their language is literally an Albanian dialect.

I don’t consider Albanians to be my kin either but that makes sense, I’m from an island that is closer to Libya than to Albania. You are probably talking about mainland Greeks, not islanders who really have nothing to do with Albanians.

Btw Albanians are closer to Montenegrins than to Greeks. But you probably hate Montenegrins too I guess.

That being said, I like Albanians. I grew up with Albanian friends. And I also hope Greece recognizes Kosovo one day.
    Only Epirote Greeks are close with Albos . Most of them look like Albos anyway.

Cretans have nothing to do with us , not culturally and not genetically.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information