Thread: Depression

Last Online
    03-13-2009 @ 01:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Romanche
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    my mother was italian,irish and scilian.my father was italian,german,polish and cherokee.
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Constitutionist
    Religion
    born again
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I have had a form of depression since i was a child.. been to over 8 shrinks from age about 8 or 9 to age 16. when i was 16 they tried both Zoloft(sp?) and Prozac(sp?) (obviously not at the same time.), but neither helped.. just made me shaky.
    A lot of my depression comes from what has or has not happened in my life, or at least that (i believe) is what started it...
    My mom stooped sending me to shrinks when at 16 I made my shrink cry.. kinda funny story, but I don't desire to hog this topic
    end result thus far.. I battle depression even worse then I did as a teen.. due to circumstances I am in now, I have found no true cure.. I got saved at age 20.. hubby thought that would cure me.. but reading the bible and you will notice that even the best apostle fought depression. So I just accept it and breath thru it.. as my step father always said.. im a survivor.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

I've grown up with a severely depressed mother, and part of it accounts for my lousy childhood.

She was aloof, she neglected me, she got angry and hit me whenever I seeked her attention. She vented her anger on me, she blamed me 'for ruining her life', she whined me to death, she kicked me out of the house and sent me to relatives several times, she let her turkish (albeit a nordic turk ) ex-boyfriend harass me sexually when I started developing ("oh come on, he's just teasing you"), and so on and so forth.... I prevented her from committing suicide a couple of times as well.

After many years of hatred I have found it in my heart to forgive her. I know she has been severely ill.
    She had a bad life herself, after her mother divorced, she sent her to Greece in order to be free in her pursuit for a new husband...

My mom never saw her american dad again, he died without having a chance to say goodbye to his daughter.
    To get out of all this misery, my mom had the amazing idea of marrying my dad, who left her for another woman as soon as she got pregnant to me.

I ended up depressive as well, and at times prone to alcohol abuse. I decided to break this chain of misery and pursue a good life for myself and my loved ones. No children of mine shall go through this shit. I'd rather not have any, if I am not absolutely sure that I can be sentimentally stable and not go through depressive periods myself.

All that said, I think depression can be conquered as soon as one acquires control over one's own feelings and suppressed frustrations.

`│´ 1312019132512912292038191221 Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North Germanic
    Ethnicity
    northern barbarian
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    frosty & bloodthirsty
    Politics
    savaging and pillaging
    Religion
    catheist & evil cat propagandist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Fortis_in_Arduis View Post
    Atlas, that must have been terrible for you, having to take Xanax.

Just imagine that. Poor you:

I ask my doctor for benzos and he just mutters to himself whilst ushering me out of the door...
    Please do not make fun of Atlas on something so serious, I find it in bad taste.

I think that the studies have shown that drugs do not work for depression.
    Yes they do work. I don't know what would be of me now if they didn't exist.

Last Online
    03-06-2021 @ 01:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian with a touch of Irish
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Arizona
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

Hellasson me and you have worlds in common, my friend...

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

I have dealt with depression, anxiety, and paranoia caused by a thyroid problem.

I also lost 50 lbs, but have gained about 10 back since weight gain is a side-effect of a drug I am on for paranoia, Zyprexa.

It's amazing how an organ the size of a quarter can mess up so many things in your body.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Picardie
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

Atlas, that must have been terrible for you, having to take Xanax.
    I was okay with Xanax, I know it is a benzos and it has this addictive issue but taking it made me feel better at the time.

I took Zoloft also, what is wrong with taking such "drugs" prescribed by prychiatrist who know their jobs more than you ? This has never been a problem to me, instead, it helped me out a lot and probably avoided suicide attempt.

Thankfully, I feel better now, life is good, so why commiting suicide when you already know that we are ALL going to die, just let nature take it's course.
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    I was okay with Xanax, I know it is a benzos and it has this addictive issue but taking it made me feel better at the time.

I took Zoloft also, what is wrong with taking such "drugs" prescribed by prychiatrist who know their jobs more than you ? This has never been a problem to me, instead, it helped me out a lot and probably avoided suicide attempt.

Thankfully, I feel better now, life is good, so why commiting suicide when you already know that we are ALL going to die, just let nature take it's course.
    Yes, I think that I would be 'okay' with Xanax too.

However, you must know that all of these drugs are poisons.

Psychiatry is a misnomer because psychiatrists do not look at the soul (psyche) but instead make judgements based upon the assumption that human beings are just biological machines and that our problems are in the brain, not the soul. In fact, the soul does not exist in psychiatry, does it?

My worst depression was cured when I was told that I was an immortal soul, in this body. False identification with my body was the main cause of my depression, yet, psychiatry affirms that false identitification and makes money from it; a lot of money.

Right from day one, we are taught, "this is your name, this is your leg, this is your hair" and very soon that becomes "this physical body is you". It is all a big lie and psychiatry is based upon that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information