Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,331
    Given: 2,699

3 Not allowed!

Default Europeans have more abdominal fat than Africans and Amerindians

When watching sports tournaments, i've always perceived that more European looking individuals tend to have seemingly less ripped abdominal muscles than Africans and Pardos. Our body fat is roughly divided between subcutaneous and visceral adipose tissue, SAT and VAT. SAT is the principal responsible for the 'unfit' aspect of the abdomen. After a quick search, i've found some studies on the ethnic differences on abdominal fat distribution and my suspicions were confirmed: Europeans do tend to have more SAT and VAT than Africans, and Native Americans lies somewhere between both. On the other hand, South Asians have even higher tendency to unfitness than Europeans.

'The associations between conventional anthropometric measures and abdominal fat distribution varied by ethnicity in almost all models. Europeans had the highest levels of VAT in adjusted analyses and Africans the lowest with ethnic differences most apparent at higher levels of the anthropometric measures. Similar ethnic differences were seen in the associations with SAT for a given anthropometric measure.'

'South Asians had more and African Caribbeans less VAT than Europeans. For basic VAT prediction equations (age and waist circumference), model fit was better in men (R(2) range 0.59-0.71) than women (range 0.35-0.59). Expanded equations (+ weight, height, hip and thigh circumference) improved fit for South Asian and African Caribbean women (R(2) 0.35 to 0.55, and 0.43 to 0.56 respectively). For basic SAT equations, R(2) was 0.69-0.77, and for expanded equations it was 0.72-0.86. Cross-validation showed differences between actual and estimated VAT of <7%, and SAT of <8% in all groups, apart from VAT in South Asian women which disagreed by 16%.'

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    61% European, 27% Nigerian/Kenyan, 8% North African, 4% Native Brazilian.
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,178
    Given: 3,082

0 Not allowed!

Cool. We're less predisposed to be a bunch of fatties.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Bump

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-01-2022 @ 08:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,458
    Given: 6,396

2 Not allowed!

Here comes again unfairness of genetical heritage lol. Very interesting study.

BTW there are tips to reduce VAT, this is the most unhealthy one so we should all get rid of it. This increases the risk of developping diabet, cardiovascular diseases, stroke, etc.

The main cause of VAT comes from stressful life, high carb diet, lack of fibers in diet (from vegettables), industrial made food, sugar etc.

There are positive results when eating a low carb diet, more vegetables, less sugar and industrial food, reducing stress and having a healthier life style (physical activity, eating healthier, sleeping enough, etc).

Last Online
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
    Here comes again unfairness of genetical heritage lol. Very interesting study.

BTW there are tips to reduce VAT, this is the most unhealthy one so we should all get rid of it. This increases the risk of developping diabet, cardiovascular diseases, stroke, etc.

The main cause of VAT comes from stressful life, high carb diet, lack of fibers in diet (from vegettables), industrial made food, sugar etc.

There are positive results when eating a low carb diet, more vegetables, less sugar and industrial food, reducing stress and having a healthier life style (physical activity, eating healthier, sleeping enough, etc).
    Life is a constant battle against nature

Ülev

0 Not allowed!

but only R1 people

(just kidding)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Life is a constant battle against nature
    I'd rather say on the contrary the more you know how nature is working the more you can work with it, smarter way of dealing with it

If you know you tend to keep more body fat than another group of people you know how to adapt your diet and physical activity to take the best from your own metabolism !

For example with endomorphs : they tend to gain weight and specially fat easily when eating too much carbs. On the other hand they are able to gain muscle easier than ectomorphs. So, as an endomorph myself, I know that I have to keep a low carb diet, a bit of cardio training and I can replace fat by muscle more or less quickly.

Companhia dos Leões da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,183
    Given: 16,903

6 Not allowed!

Natural selection. The geographical landscape and weather conditions are completely different, people who were capable of storing more fat had more chances to survive. Before the Industrial Revolution most Europeans were already steady farmers for centuries meanwhile there are still Africans up to this day that lead a semi-farming\nomadic hunter-gathered lifestyle.

Talking obviously about Africans from the African continent because Africans living in Europe and in the Americas are a different story. I have noticed that some are prone to be muscular but a staggering amount of them apparently store a lot of fat as well (women in particular). Morbidly obese people that I tend to see around here are almost always African descents.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,385
    Given: 31,170

2 Not allowed!

I thought races didn’t exist

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alien
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Viriato View Post
    Natural selection. The geographical landscape and weather conditions are completely different, people who were capable of storing more fat had more chances to survive. Before the Industrial Revolution most Europeans were already steady farmers for centuries meanwhile there are still Africans up to this day that lead a semi-farming\nomadic hunter-gathered lifestyle.

Talking obviously about Africans from the African continent because Africans living in Europe and in the Americas are a different story. I have noticed that some are prone to be muscular but a staggering amount of them apparently store a lot of fat as well (women in particular). Morbidly obese people that I tend to see around here are almost always African descents.
    Peoples living in colder areas need to stock more fat than those living in hotter places since they are burning energy to keep theirselves warm during winter. That just makes sense.

BTW I don't know why Native Americans from Mexico tend to get diabet and obesity easier than the other Native American peoples

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information