I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default MULTICULTURALISM minister's speech at Jewish school

A Jason Kenney speech at a Jewish high school early in the election campaign may have violated Income Tax Act rules.

On March 29, four days into the campaign, the citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism minister spoke to about 230 students at Bnei Akiva Schools in Toronto, telling them how much the Conservatives have done for Israel and urging them to get involved in the campaign. --- Ummm...what did they do for CANADA?

Kenney also said they should think about the fact that democracy was inspired by Judaism. --- ORLY? I thought it came from Greece/Egypt and that the Canadian parliamentary system was in fact inspired by the Germanic Althing!

"I hope you will all be true to our rights, our privileges, our liberties as Canadians, especially because democracy, in many ways, the whole democratic impulse, is a gift to the world of the Jewish insight about human dignity, created in the image and likeness of God. So I think this is a pretty important responsibility that we all share." --- Hahaha Canadians are goyim and have no dignity!

Kenney was introduced by Conservative candidate Joe Oliver, who is running against Liberal Joe Volpe in Eglinton-Lawrence. The school, though, is in York Centre, where Mark Adler is running for the Conservatives against Liberal Ken Dryden.

The Chronicle Herald found a video recording of the speech on YouTube, where it was posted by a teacher. After this newspaper sent emails inquiring about it last week, the video was taken down.

In a strategy document to buy advertising in ethnic media that the Conservatives mistakenly released in March, Kenney’s office identified York Centre and Eglinton-Lawrence as two of 10 "very ethnic" ridings it was targeting because of their high Jewish populations.

Canada Revenue Agency rules prohibit registered charities such as Bnei Akiva Schools from engaging in activities that "can reasonably be construed as intending to influence the outcome of the election."

Charities cannot invite "candidates to speak at different dates or different events in a manner that favours a candidate or political party."

Representatives from other parties were not invited to address the students.

A spokesman for Kenney said Sunday that there was nothing unusual about the event.

"We always encourage Canadians from all walks of life, including young Canadians, to learn about and get involved in our democratic system," said Alykhan Velshi.

Velshi said Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff has campaigned at sites run by charities.

"For example, just yesterday Mr. Ignatieff spoke at First Nations University, which according to its website is a registered charity, and he also recently went to Hamilton Health Sciences."

The video shows Kenney telling the students about how Conservative Leader Stephen Harper stood up for Israel aggressively in 2006, when Israel invaded Lebanon. Kenney told the students that Harper resisted pressure from his staff to take a milder position.

"The media went to Prime Minister Harper, or rather his advisers said, ‘Prime Minister, the media want to hear what you think about Israel’s response.’ And some said, ‘Prime Minister, we think you should wait until you hear the international consensus.’ That’s how Canada used to be governed, was to follow the international consensus. He said, ‘No. We are going to speak the truth and we are going to lead the international consensus.’ So he went out and defended Israel’s actions as being reasonable and constrained under the circumstances."

Kenney didn’t mention Ignatieff by name, but he alluded to a controversial appearance by the Liberal leader on a Quebec talk show, Tout le monde en parle, when he said an Israeli airstrike on the Lebanese village of Qana, in which civilians were killed, was a war crime.

"There was another political leader at the same time, when he saw that the winds were blowing against Israel, (who) went out on a popular TV show and said Israel, in fact, was guilty of war crimes," Kenney said.
    --- Ignatieff was RIGHT

He urged the students to volunteer for the party or candidate that represents their views.

"Even younger students can go and drop literature and go door to door and just hand out brochures. It’s very simple. Older students can canvass or make phone calls or any number of things. It’s one way of having a bigger voice."

Kenney also outlined steps the government has taken to fight anti-Semitism, including withdrawing federal funding from the Canadian Arab Federation. --- How about withdrawing Canadian funding to Israel and use it to help this country's poor? Or fix health care? Just a thought.

Last week, that group complained when its president received an email from a volunteer Conservative organizer asking for members to show up at a Harper event in "ethnic costume." --- LOL!

Opposition politicians have complained that Kenney is using ethnic communities in a cynical drive for votes, and commentators have suggested the Conservatives are using the Arab-Israeli conflict for political advantage in ridings, such as York Centre, where the Jewish vote can make the difference between winning and losing.

A student asked why the government was acting on behalf of the Jewish community.

"For such a small percentage of the Canadian population, why are you putting in so much effort, even if it’s the right thing to do?"

Kenney replied that some in the media have accused the government of taking positions to win Jewish votes.

"I’d just like to tell you it’s a pretty stupid way to win votes," he said. "There are 330,000 Jews, closer to one than two per cent of the population, tending to live in many urban constituencies that have not been accessible to our parties in the past.

"And there are a lot of other voters — a lot of other voters, more — who are not exactly friendly to this message, or positions we made. And so why? Why? I know this is hard for some cynics to grasp, but we actually believe what we say."

Another student asked about the government’s position on the recent revolutions in the Arab world.

"I said our hope is that these will become democratic, stable, rights-respecting governments that are interested in regional stability," Kenney said. "We’re not convinced that that is the direction and Prime Minister Stephen Harper took a lot of criticism during the Egyptian situation for not calling for the immediate removal of Hosni Mubarak. Because these situations develop and people get very passionate."

Harper wanted to be careful, Kenney said.

"We have been very explicitly concerned about the threat of the Muslim Brotherhood, which is a very influential force in Egypt, and which is the intellectual foundation of the al-Qaida movement. We’ve been very concerned about the threat of the Muslim Brotherhood taking a leadership role in a future Egyptian government and that is informing our approach to the situation in Egypt and the broader question."

The school’s headmaster, Rabbi Scot Berman, who sat next to Kenney while he spoke, said the school made it "very, very clear" to students that it wasn’t endorsing the Conservatives.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1238921.html

(Video of speech on page)

These are CONSERVATIVES, people!
    Last edited by Grumpy Cat; 04-18-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,489
    Given: 13,022

0 Not allowed!

Let's hope they keep Canada out of the Middle East. It was a mistake to enter into Afghanistan, which Canadians learned the hard way. Canada has nothing to owe to Israel and nor it's needed as an ally. An ally that will backstapp her. Canada should stop funding Israel if it does it's a shame, and yet we have many poor and hungry people. They also cut some of the public health services. I am tired of people putting Israel on pedestal. Canada's concern should be her own.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

I think my favourite part is that "democracy is a Jewish invention".

I'm glad to see the Israel lobby can now openly agree with the Nazis with whom they have so much in common on the Jewish question; now if we can just get them to admit other likenesses, like the desire to wipe out the Jewish diaspora and establish a racially pure state by exterminating religious and racial minorities.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-18-2012 @ 11:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    "...ice people, Europeans, colonizers, oppressors, the cold, rigid element in world history."
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Kenney
    "I’d just like to tell you it’s a pretty stupid way to win votes," he said. "There are 330,000 Jews, closer to one than two per cent of the population, tending to live in many urban constituencies that have not been accessible to our parties in the past.
    Money and media power?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Eckhart View Post
    I think my favourite part is that "democracy is a Jewish invention".

I'm glad to see the Israel lobby can now openly agree with the Nazis with whom they have so much in common on the Jewish question; now if we can just get them to admit other likenesses, like the desire to wipe out the Jewish diaspora and establish a racially pure state by exterminating religious and racial minorities.
    Many of the ancient Jews lived with a deep-seated respect for the Greeks, especially the philosophers. I know of one Jewish school in or about ancient Jerusalem that taught two doctrines: one half of the begun with learning about their Torah; the other half begun by learning about philosophy. Then, at a later point in time, the areas of learning were reversed. The philosophers were considered, by the broad-minded Jews, to be akin to their own prophets or teaching doctrines consistent with prophetical doctrines. This is how someone like Philo Judaeus of Alexandria was equally at home in both the Jewish Torah and in Greek philosophy.

The ancient Jews never had any commentaries on Greek or Roman government, much less democracy, so I don't think the comments of a few modern political Jews really reflect actual Jewish history. From what I recall, their ancient kingdom was essentially what we'd call a constitutional monarchy (or an absolute monarchy in times of despotism, such as during the reign of King Ahab). Thus, anyone claiming that the Jews invented democracy is putting the cart before the horse.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    Many of the ancient Jews lived with a deep-seated respect for the Greeks, especially the philosophers. I know of one Jewish school in or about ancient Jerusalem that taught two doctrines: one half of the begun with learning about their Torah; the other half begun by learning about philosophy. Then, at a later point in time, the areas of learning were reversed. The philosophers were considered, by the broad-minded Jews, to be akin to their own prophets or teaching doctrines consistent with prophetical doctrines. This is how someone like Philo Judaeus of Alexandria was equally at home in both the Jewish Torah and in Greek philosophy.

The ancient Jews never had any commentaries on Greek or Roman government, much less democracy, so I don't think the comments of a few modern political Jews really reflect actual Jewish history. From what I recall, their ancient kingdom was essentially what we'd call a constitutional monarchy (or an absolute monarchy in times of despotism, such as during the reign of King Ahab). Thus, anyone claiming that the Jews invented democracy is putting the cart before the horse.
    The thing that's really absurd about it is that he's clearly alluding to me like Moses Mendelssohn and other Jewish Enlightenment thinkers, who specifically adopted Western ideas like the liberal Enlightenment ideology that was developing at the time and insisted that the Jews should do more to assimilate these explicitly non-Jewish ideas. Any claim by the Jews that they came up with the ideas or contributed to their development in any way betrays either intolerable arrogance or blatant ignorance of history, or both. Then, though, among Reformed Jews and the Israel Lobby, these are common traits.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The thing that's really absurd about it is that he's clearly alluding to me like Moses Mendelssohn and other Jewish Enlightenment thinkers, who specifically adopted Western ideas like the liberal Enlightenment ideology that was developing at the time and insisted that the Jews should do more to assimilate these explicitly non-Jewish ideas. Any claim by the Jews that they came up with the ideas or contributed to their development in any way betrays either intolerable arrogance or blatant ignorance of history, or both. Then, though, among Reformed Jews and the Israel Lobby, these are common traits.
    The two best examples of Jewish scholars that I can think of are Maimonides and Philo, both of whom were extremely well-versed in history, philosophy, religion, etc.

It's not that the Jews contributed in any way, shape, or form to the development of liberal democracy, unless one understands that many political Jews seem to like this term for a certain reason: it sounds better than Marxism, which is their true allegiance beyond even God. These political Jews pretend to be Jews in the traditional sense when they're really transnational meddlers who like to put out the idea that they, the political Jews, are responsible for the good things in the world. All the political Jews are really responsible for is meddling.

This is, of course, a totally false position. The ancient Jewish kingdom, or kingdoms, barely registered on the radar of the ancient world. At best, they were a local power until they were brought into contact with more advanced peoples like the Persians and the Greeks. The Bible itself isn't even unique, as it utilizes ancient Near Eastern mythology as its basis. What is unique about the Bible is the way in which its writers reinterpreted these myths to form their own religious beliefs in God.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The two best examples of Jewish scholars that I can think of are Maimonides and Philo, both of whom were extremely well-versed in history, philosophy, religion, etc.

It's not that the Jews contributed in any way, shape, or form to the development of liberal democracy, unless one understands that many political Jews seem to like this term for a certain reason: it sounds better than Marxism, which is their true allegiance beyond even God. These political Jews pretend to be Jews in the traditional sense when they're really transnational meddlers who like to put out the idea that they, the political Jews, are responsible for the good things in the world. All the political Jews are really responsible for is meddling.

This is, of course, a totally false position. The ancient Jewish kingdom, or kingdoms, barely registered on the radar of the ancient world. At best, they were a local power until they were brought into contact with more advanced peoples like the Persians and the Greeks. The Bible itself isn't even unique, as it utilizes ancient Near Eastern mythology as its basis. What is unique about the Bible is the way in which its writers reinterpreted these myths to form their own religious beliefs in God.
    This I certainly disagree with. Jews are not even a majority in Marxist and communist movements internationally, nor have they ever been. They are, on the contrary, overwhelmingly mercantile and therefore capitalistic. They have involvement in communist movements in isolated instances, but along the length and breadth of the Jewish diaspora, you will find fewer people involved in communistic thinking than among non-Jewish groups anywhere.

The Bible's mythology is, of course, not unique since Abraham and his "descendants" are actually Sumerians even by the history recounted in the scripture. What is significant is the nature of the Hebrew God, who reveals Himself as "The Being" ("I AM"), and then is nevertheless treated like a tribal god for the next several thousand years, even to this day. The reason the mythology is the same is because, by and large, myths are based on actual events, and the shared experience of Sumerians and their cultural successors with a minor branch ethnicity like the Hebrews should not be taken to be too meaningful spiritually, because it says more about the people than about God.

Further, it's a bit of a misnomer to say the Bible "utilizes" Near Eastern myth, because this assumes that the Bible was written with some kind of explicit propagandistic purpose of advancing a certain interpretation of old myths, which it was not (indeed its quite unfair to ascribe some kind of insidious conspiracy to an ancient people who were not fundamentally any different than other ancient peoples). Scripture was recorded for the sake of preserving culture, not as a handbook for proselytisation. Indeed, the notion of an active mission to convert did not exist until handed down by Christ to his Apostles as part of the New Testament, which contains very little of the mythology that mark Old Testament scripture.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This I certainly disagree with. Jews are not even a majority in Marxist and communist movements internationally, nor have they ever been. They are, on the contrary, overwhelmingly mercantile and therefore capitalistic. They have involvement in communist movements in isolated instances, but along the length and breadth of the Jewish diaspora, you will find fewer people involved in communistic thinking than among non-Jewish groups anywhere.
    I meant political Jews not Jews in a general sense. These hucksters play the communist/capitalist game very well, but I ultimately regard them as Marxists.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I meant political Jews not Jews in a general sense. These hucksters play the communist/capitalist game very well, but I ultimately regard them as Marxists.
    I actually can recommend a look at this book, which I think you'll thoroughly enjoy (or at least feel educated upon reading it even if you don't like the writing):

I may have suggested it before to you; if I have, I apologise for the repetition. There's a very nice critique of Milton Friedman in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information