Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: British American Relations: Is Obama Anti British?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

Default British American Relations: Is Obama Anti British?

For several centuries the Americans and the British have shared a special relationship of mutual trust, mutual business, and even at times mirrored political ideals. Has this positive relationship between the two countries begun to decline in recent months? If you were to poll British people right now then the majority would undoubtedly be "yes". In fact, I am so sure of it that my question should have been "Why have Anglo-American relations began to suffer". The answer to that question would likely be, I am very sad to say, "Obama". And I say that with much regret. You see, the British people supported Obama in his election campaign, he created a buzz in this country and people from all over the UK were flooding social networking sites and Internet message boards with strong pro-Obama messages. We celebrated when he won that election. But why do the British people, and the British government, now believe that Obama has anti-British sentiments? His list of actions since taking office include:

1. Constantly referring to BP Plc as 'British Petroleum', despite the business changing their name a decade ago and knowing full well that the business is now Anglo-American. He also likened the disaster to 9/11.
    2. Upon entering the Oval Office he immediately returned a valuable bespoke bust of Winston Churchill to Britain. The bust, which is highly thought of in British political circles, was given to the George Bush on loan by Tony Blair. Winston Churchill is of course the most popular, and most important, political leader in British history.
    3. During a recent British stand off with Argentina over rights to The Falkland Islands, Obama supported Argentina. The first American president to do so, and despite every single inhabitant of The Falkland Islands holding a British passport and considering themselves to be British citizens. The UK lent its full support to the US in their wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and has seen their young men return in coffins as a result, and they continue to do so. It should be remembered that the British lost 255 soldiers in 'The Falklands War' in 1992, Obama's lack of gratitude or respect is more than apparent.

Why Is Obama Anti-British?

His hatred of the British is more than apparent in his book 'Dreams From My Father', as it is from numerous accounts from his step-grandmother. It is clear that Obama has a serious chip on his shoulder as a result of stories from the life of his paternal grandfather. The Kenyean worked as a cook for a British Army Officer before being imprisoned by the British for two years where, according to Obama's family, he was subjected to horrific violence in attempts to encourage him to reveal the secrets of rebels in a movement against the British Colonial Authorities. His step-Grandmother, the lady that Obama calls 'Granny Sarah' is quoted several times admitting Obama's hatred for the British:

"Generally, my grandson has never believed the British do anything for a common good, rather than their selfish interests."

"He didn’t shy away from saying the British wronged my family by arresting my husband. President Obama believes perhaps we could have been better off had my husband not been arrested."

He should probably think a little harder about just who it is he is governing, and their own history of opression against men and women of African heritage.

The End Of Anglo-American Relations?

If Obama holds the British nation is such disdain, then it is time for the British people to consider - as they already are - whether they wish to continue to support political and economical relationships with the US. As things stand we have thousands of troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, wars which the British public did not support, and more seeming to return in coffins in each passing week. Our national debt has increased significantly as a result of that war. We are there because we considered American to be our 'Allies', reaching out in their time of need as we would expect them to reach out for ours. Yet whilst we dedicate so much of our military budget to America's wars, Obama feels the need to involve himself in the Falkland Islands debate. Furthermore, he speaks out in support of Argentina - despite the inhabitants of The Falkland Islands considering themselves to be 100% British.

Britain has never asked for Americas help with The Falklands, we won that war just fine on our own. The unwelcome involvement of an irrelevant party is a kick in the teeth for every British family who has lost a son or daughter whilst fighting alongside Americans. Ultimately, fighting for a country led by an individual who has been open in his dislike of our people and does not respect the greatness of one of Britains most respected leaders of all time - on both sides of the Atlantic. Our reward for spending tens of billions of pounds on helping America to win a war which will never be won? The potential loss of one of our biggest employers. If BP Plc were to collapse as a result of Obama's (illegal) actions, it would cost the British economy hundreds of billions of pounds.

President Obama has a personal grudge against one of Americans longest standing and closest friends, one which should remain private and not interfere with American foreign policy. I, for one, would be happy if Britain withdrew its troops from Afghanistan and Iraq immediately. No more British deaths for this regime. Those troops can then be sent to defend the British citizens in The Falkland Islands, whether Obama likes it or not. Britain has much lower levels of national debt than America, owes America no money, and relies on Europe - not America - for the vast majority of its imports. I feel that it may be time to cut ties with the US until Obama is out of office, before he causes some serious and long-lasting diplomatic problems. Perhaps the next leader of the United States, hopefully in 3 years time, can work on rebuilding bridges. All he would have to do is take the bust of Winston Churchill back and thank the British people for the sacrifices in foreign lands. That wouldn't be hard would it Obama? A recent British broadsheet recently ran with the headline "A friend who bullies us is a friend no more."
    http://hubpages.com/hub/British-Amer...a-Anti-British

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

He hates us Dutch too. It is very clear in his book that he despises us because of his Indonesian stepfather and what supposedly happened to his stepfather's family. All the more reason why the Netherlands and maybe Britain as well should stay well away from America for the time being and don't talk too much with Mr. Obama.

Maintaining strong Anglo-Dutch relations could prove to be vital for our joint interests. It's better then working with an America whose leader hates our very guts.
    Last edited by The Lawspeaker; 04-24-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-08-2013 @ 12:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germ-manic
    Ethnicity
    Eurotrash Girl
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Essex
    Politics
    Anarcho-Stalinist Agrarian Commienazism ★♨☭卐
    Religion
    ☠ Death Eaterism ☠
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

It doesn't bother me if he's anti-British or whatever

All I know is that I'm anti-american

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No leftist propaganda made me anti-American. Republicunts, libertards, big cooperate interest, Obama did the job the left couldn't do. I don't know a people that went further astray from what they once believed in. They could have been the greatest nation in the world (that ever existed, exists today or will ever exist) and they blew it. Completely, utterly and totally.

The America of 1776 and it's very foundations could evoke nothing but a healthy envy and feelings of sheer admiration. Today's America evokes nothing more then feelings of sheer disappointment and utter disgust.

If that country can't even stay faithful to it's own foundations (while still having the sheer audacity to claim that they still are what they once were at each and every opportunity and rub our noses in it) then how the hell can they still have the sheer nerve to lecture us ?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Death
    Ethnicity
    Death
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Civis Batavi View Post
    He hates us Dutch too. It is very clear in his book that he despises us because of his Indonesian stepfather and what supposedly happened to his stepfather's family.
    Care to give the quotes and on what page they can be found. I am not really planning to go out and buy his book.

Last Online
    07-18-2017 @ 02:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Nordid
    Politics
    Eurocentrism, Human rights, Anti-Putinism
    Hero
    The Mother Goddess
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 1,158

0 Not allowed!

Personally for me, Obama is first anti-European than everything else.
    До твоя олтар утъпкана пътека води...

Let virtue distinguish the brave

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Groenewolf View Post
    Care to give the quotes and on what page they can be found. I am not really planning to go out and buy his book.
    I will look those up for you when my girlfriend is leaving for town. I have the book right on the shelve so.. (it's a translated version though).

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European-American
    Ethnicity
    British-American
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

Obungler will be anti-British on Monday and, after huddling with his teleprompter, will be pro-British on Tuesday.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Dreams of my Father (by an unknown Kenyan writer called Barack H. Obama)

Chapter 2 - page 57:

's Nachts, als ze alleen waren, vertelde hij hoe hij opgroeide tijdens de oorlog, over zijn vader en oudste broer die vertrokken om zich bij het revolutionaire leger te voegen en het nieuws dat beiden gedood waren, waarna alles verloren leek, het Nederlandse leger dat hun huis in brand had gestoken, hun vlucht naar het platteland, zijn moeder die haar gouden sieraden een voor een verkocht in ruil voor voedsel. Die dingen zouden veranderen nu de Nederlanders weg waren.

We were important enough to be quoted once and negatively. There is however another source in which he denigrates us directly. For the English-speakers amongst us go here for the part of the speech.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-23-2012 @ 02:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54

0 Not allowed!

David Cameron has made comments that don't exactly enthuse American Anglophiles and made them before Obama became POTUS. Anglo-American relations are at a low ebb, but they've been lower, especially during Vietnam and Bosnia, so I don't anticipate a serious change in relations.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information