Religion
    Pagan interests
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 68

1 Not allowed!

Death is the only thing each and every person on this planet cannot escape from, rich or poor, dumb or smart, powerful, good or evil, we will all face our final destination. So make a good life, do whatever you want in your life what feels good and right in your heart...Do not fear hell because I tink the real hell is already here on earth.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sioned View Post
    Do not fear hell because I tink the real hell is already here on earth.
    The faded forerunner of hell.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

The video Loki posted somewhat reminded me of this:

From identification with the sense of separately existing self, the local “I am” to the expansive, all pervasive non-local presence of “I AM” …

Perception has got a lot to do with whom or with what we identify with.

In this video the choice imo. is not so much one or the other but rather both-and, - working in balance with (both of these horizontal) polarities. Our ability to intuit the Greater, Sacred Reality and then integrating those insights into the local in practice.
    And one could say that depending on how we work with this polarity - in turn determines our “place” on the vertical “ladder” …. One either goes up or down ...

Banned
    Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 04:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,038

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    If you really get to know Jesus, praying and confession would be an absolute joy to you, not a burden

I'm not Orthodox, but I believe in the same main Christian doctrine. You don't have to be Orthodox to go to heaven, but you do need to know Jesus and follow him.
    Other confessions, other than Orthodoxy - cannot be saved. Orthodox Christians recognize other confessions, but they believe that these people will go to hell. I can't believe any other way. This is my religion. I have to follow what the Orthodox priests tell me. Welcome to reality.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vjatych View Post
    Other confessions, other than Orthodoxy - cannot be saved. Orthodox Christians recognize other confessions, but they believe that these people will go to hell. I can't believe any other way. This is my religion. I have to follow what the Orthodox priests tell me. Welcome to reality.
    You have to follow the Gospel and Holy Fathers. Even apostles told that if we're gonna say something different, we should not be trusted. Faith is not blind, just like Orthodox priests are not some kind of gurus or baptist pastors, but servants of God, through whom God brings us Sacraments. Every Orthodox Christian should learn his faith to define truth from lies. There are lots of priests who are either modernists, ecumenists, who share herecies, so every Christian should learn the Gospel and Holy Fathers whole of his life to separate right from wrong personally, no matter who says it.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Other confessions, other than Orthodoxy - cannot be saved
    There's a good quote of one saint "I don't know if Catholics gonna be saved, but I know that if I'm gonna abandon Holy Church, I'm doomed". Yes, there's no salvation out of Orthodox Church, but it does not mean we should care about it a lot, we won't save anyone ourselves, so we must concentrate on our life. Those who would have desire to find truth, will find it anyway with God's help. And for afterlife it's better to die being a pagan aborigen who didn't know truth, than a concious Christian who learnt truth, who received the Holy Spirit in baptism, whose body and soul was supported in Sacraments, but gave this up as a "lazy slave" from the Bliblical parable.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You have to follow the Gospel and Holy Fathers. Even apostles told that if we're gonna say something different, we should not be trusted. Faith is not blind, just like Orthodox priests are not some kind of gurus or baptist pastors, but servants of God, through whom God brings us Sacraments. Every Orthodox Christian should learn his faith to define truth from lies. There are lots of priests who are either modernists, ecumenists, who share herecies, so every Christian should learn the Gospel and Holy Fathers whole of his life to separate right from wrong personally, no matter who says it.
    Adults are not baptized into Orthodoxy today. It is necessary to undergo catechesis. This means regular visits to the temple and study. This is not possible if the person works or is elderly. The priests say - stay unbaptized, because there is more demand from the Orthodox at the judgment of God. There is an opinion that sinful Orthodox go to hell, the rest simply disappear. And we are all sinners, except the saints. Whether it's true or not, I don't know for sure. But I heard it somewhere from the Orthodox.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EHG + E̶E̶F̶
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    There's a good quote of one saint "I don't know if Catholics gonna be saved, but I know that if I'm gonna abandon Holy Church, I'm doomed". Yes, there's no salvation out of Orthodox Church, but it does not mean we should care about it a lot, we won't save anyone ourselves, so we must concentrate on our life. Those who would have desire to find truth, will find it anyway with God's help. And for afterlife it's better to die being a pagan aborigen who didn't know truth, than a concious Christian who learnt truth, who received the Holy Spirit in baptism, whose body and soul was supported in Sacraments, but gave this up as a "lazy slave" from the Bliblical parable.
    You are well informed. By the way, I read the entire Gospel 20 years ago. Loki, who wants us to believe in Jesus, offers a video where a person experienced clinical death and saw hell and heaven. To believe in this is a sin in Orthodoxy! He wants people to believe in Jesus Christ. I share with him the information that only very devout Orthodox who regularly go to the Orthodox church will go to heaven.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Adults are not baptized into Orthodoxy today. It is necessary to undergo catechesis. This means regular visits to the temple and study. This is not possible if the person works or is elderly. The priests say - stay unbaptized, because there is more demand from the Orthodox at the judgment of God. There is an opinion that sinful Orthodox go to hell, the rest simply disappear. And we are all sinners, except the saints. Whether it's true or not, I don't know for sure. But I heard it somewhere from the Orthodox.
    Sure, you have to be conciously baptized, that is why cathechesis for adult is a must, it's so absurd to be baptized not knowing for what you need it. There are 4-5 meetings every Saturday or after the Sunday Liturgy after the midday, nothing impossible or unbearable. Same "busy people" will spend much more time on some stupid courses, or watching movies, they won't have doubt for example going to driving courses after the whole working day. It's a question of desire and priorities. Those who don't need baptism will find it annoying.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

By the way, I read the entire Gospel 20 years ago. Loki, who wants us to believe in Jesus, offers a video where a person experienced clinical death and saw hell and heaven. To believe in this is a sin in Orthodoxy!
    This guy from video is not Orthodox, so it doesn't apply to him and he normally describes his out of body experience. I had it, too, during the surgery and I've seen myself like from the side. Holy Fathers point out that such things happen, but we should not trust any "pictures" just like everything what comes in dreams to us. Like some people say "Angels, Holy Virgin, Jesus came to me in dreams" while it can easily be a demonic setup which leads people in sin of pride and prelest or madness.

It's even forbidden to imagine the faces, images of saints, Virgin and Christ in your mind during prayer, that's one of reasons why icons are needed as direct canonical depiction not corrupted by flowing mind which can be directly affected by demons.

We should accept such experience and pictures just as fact, we know without such experience that hell, paradise, angels, demons, saints exist and such experience is quite doubtful even for living almost saint.
    Last edited by Victor; 09-12-2023 at 10:22 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information