Suck
    Religion
    You follow yours...I follow none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,676
    Given: 12,354

0 Not allowed!

Default Red Nordids??

I just stumbled across a website that discusses Red Nordids. I've never heard of them before....I am posting a link to it so our resident Anthros can take a look and tell me what they think.

Red Nordids seem more or less Cro Magnoid to me....so I am not sure why they are being called Nordids.

Help!

http://europa-soberana.blogia.com/20...ication-i-.php

One of the reasons I am asking is because from the reading on this website, it looks to me like my whole family have a VERY strong Red Nordid element....yet I've never seen them mentioned here on the TA or anywhere else.

Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 06:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Breton, Gallaecian, small amounts of Gascon and Norman plus a tiny bit of Finnish.
    Ancestry
    Brittany, Gallaecia (Galiza and N. Portugal).
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Brittany
    Y-DNA
    R1b (R-L21*)
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,614
    Given: 4,516

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by byrnecres View Post
    I just stumbled across a website that discusses Red Nordids. I've never heard of them before....I am posting a link to it so our resident Anthros can take a look and tell me what they think.

Red Nordids seem more or less Cro Magnoid to me....so I am not sure why they are being called Nordids.

Help!

http://europa-soberana.blogia.com/20...ication-i-.php

One of the reasons I am asking is because from the reading on this website, it looks to me like my whole family have a VERY strong Red Nordid element....yet I've never seen them mentioned here on the TA or anywhere else.
    People with pink overtones and undertones are found everywhere in Europe. It sounds like a crack-pot fabrication.

Last Online
    08-31-2014 @ 09:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western European
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    France, Ireland, Scotland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Politics
    straight edge
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Isnt red hair common in scandinavia? I know there was a viking called erik the red for his red hair.

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ariaka View Post
    Isnt red hair common in scandinavia? I know there was a viking called erik the red for his red hair.
    While you see red hair in Scandinavia, it is most common in The British Isles....especially Scotland and Ireland.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish-Scot 1/8th Italian
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality/Prussianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257

0 Not allowed!

It sounds superficial and generic to me nothing authentic or scientific about the claim. I mean they are not employing the right terminology to explain something which is self-evident. It all seems quite wishy washy and plastic to me and does not even need to be considered as a good way way of conceptualizing a certain group of a phenotype or phenotypes.

Last Online
    08-31-2014 @ 09:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western European
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    France, Ireland, Scotland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Politics
    straight edge
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by byrnecres View Post
    While you see red hair in Scandinavia, it is most common in The British Isles....especially Scotland and Ireland.
    Maybe its in the British Isles because of migration from Scandinavia. Has there been any research as to where those people come from?

I guess Scottish, Irish, and Welsh all get called Celtic... but there have been all sorts of invasions in those lands and to lump them all into a Celtic group seems to simplify things. Especially considering the diversity of body-types.

In addition to Celts I've heard of people called Picts, are Picts known to have red hair? And if they do have red hair could they have migrated from Scandinavia at any point in history?

The word Russia is derived from the word Rus which was used to describe vikings and those vikings had a red haired leader(I would be surprised if the majority of them had red hair but I guess its possible). Russia was conquered by vikings at some point in history.

Edit:

And Rus means red
    Last edited by ariaka; 12-08-2011 at 03:23 AM.

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GeistFaust View Post
    It sounds superficial and generic to me nothing authentic or scientific about the claim. I mean they are not employing the right terminology to explain something which is self-evident. It all seems quite wishy washy and plastic to me and does not even need to be considered as a good way way of conceptualizing a certain group of a phenotype or phenotypes.
    I am still reading the info on this website. It is actually claiming to disprove earlier physical anthropological subraces and use a new classification (of the white race) that gives only three categories:

White Nordid
    Red Nordid
    Armenid

The writing is fairly persuasive and was written in 2009.

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Maybe its in the British Isles because of migration from Scandinavia. Has there been any research as to where those people come from?

I guess Scottish, Irish, and Welsh all get called Celtic... but there have been all sorts of invasions in those lands and to lump them all into a Celtic group seems to simplify things. Especially considering the diversity of body-types.

In addition to Celts I've heard of people called Picts, are Picts known to have red hair? And if they do have red hair could they have migrated from Scandinavia at any point in history?

The word Russia is derived from the word Rus which was used to describe vikings and those vikings had a red haired leader(I would be surprised if the majority of them had red hair but I guess its possible). Russia was conquered by vikings at some point in history.
    I understand exactly what you mean, and it is this same question I've used as a basis for my interest in physical anthropology

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germainc/Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Scottish Gaelic Nordic, French/Prussian 700 years ago
    Ancestry
    Various clans and sects from the highlands of Scotland, that all migrated to Australia.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Queensland
    Taxonomy
    Borreby with Keltic-Nordic tendencies
    Politics
    National/Who ever's on right side
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

Either a red head or a nick name for going into battle drenched in Horse or bull blood over his entire body...

Last Online
    02-06-2012 @ 07:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British, German
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

0 Not allowed!

I am still reading the info on this website. It is actually claiming to disprove earlier physical anthropological subraces and use a new classification (of the white race) that gives only three categories:

White Nordid
    Red Nordid
    Armenid

The writing is fairly persuasive and was written in 2009.
    I have a lot to say. I was bored so I read a few Coon, and Hans Gunther books today and yesterday.

In Hans Gunther's book "Racial Elements of European History" he talks about the methodology the physical anthropologists used to create the separate European sub-races.

He said that the Armenid race came into Europe a long time ago (probably from the Caucasus region) and evolved into the Dinard sub-race. So the two groups are linked by a common ancestor but are different groups. And actually the psychical differences between Dinard and Armenid, though clearly showing their common origin, are quite different; the nose bone, the skull shape are radically different. So I don't think Armenid is a good word to use to describe Dianrdic traits in Europeans.

Now then he explains how the anthropologists decided to create the sub-race category of Nordid. They measured (lots of measurements) and photographed (for pigmentation) all the different European peoples and they found strong correlations. Such as, the taller and thinner the individual the more likely he was blond and had blue eyes. I don't think this same correlation exists for red haired people; an example would be looking to see if the taller and skinnier a person the more likely they would have red hair.

Pigmentation is not to be taken as an end all be all for a sub-race. It's entirely possible to have a brown haired Hallstatt Nordid. Just because two people have the exact same skull structure but one has blond hair and the other has red hair, doesn't mean that they belong to two distinct sub-races. Sub-races are primarily skeletal based; with pigmentation being influential but not a rule. And as I said earlier the physical structure of a person probably doesn't correlate strongly with their hair color being red, but tall skinny people in certain regions are strongly correlated with blond hair. The methodology to create the sub-races is probably a bit confusing to those unfamiliar with statistics.

As for there only being 3 categories; red and white nordid and armerind - that's ridiculous. Cro-magnons are a huge population within Europe and need to be taken into account as well. (Alpinid, Borreby, Dalo-Faelid, Brunn, Baltid, East-Baltid). Not to mention the Mediterranean group.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information