Thread: Real IRA threatens more 'executions' of police

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

Exclamation Real IRA threatens more 'executions' of police

Real IRA threatens more 'executions' of police

A member of the Real IRA reads a statement during a 1916 Easter Rising memorial at Cregan Cemetery in Londonderry yesterday.

The Real IRA warned yesterday that it planned to kill more police in Northern Ireland and disrupt the Queen's historic visit to Ireland. At a rally in Londonderry to mark the anniversary of the 1916 Easter Rising against British rule, a masked member of the dissident republican group told supporters that police would be considered "as liable for execution as anyone, regardless of their religion, cultural background or motivation". In a statement, the group also branded the Queen a war criminal ahead of her first visit to the Republic from 17 to 20 May.

It called on "any young nationalist who may have been sold the lie" that the Police Service of Northern Ireland had been reformed and was non-political to think again. "Those who think they are serving their community are in fact serving the occupation and will be treated as such," the statement said.

The rally, held by the 32 County Sovereignty Movement, came three weeks after PC Ronan Kerr, 25, was killed by a nationalist car bomb in Omagh, Co Tyrone. The masked Real IRA man formed part of a colour party of seven people, all dressed in full paramilitary uniform. Between 200 and 300 people attended the event, which was monitored by a police helicopter.

The Real IRA statement said the Queen's visit was an insult that should be resisted by "all self-respecting Irishmen and women", and was an attempt to "further the selfish interests of a self-serving elite". "The Irish people will not capitulate," it added. "The Queen of England is wanted for war crimes in Ireland and not wanted on Irish soil. We will do our best to ensure she and the gombeen [usurer] class that act as her cheerleaders get that message."

Mark Durkan, the MP for Foyle and former leader of the Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP), condemned the speech, saying: "The Real IRA ... is morally and politically bankrupt when they are driven to attack and threaten nationalists who want to serve the community and their country."

Police aross the province were kept on high alert all weekend. They fear an attack is imminent and have urged the public to remain vigilant. Dissident groups are said to be keen to use the royal visit to Dublin to their advantage, invoking hatred of the monarchy as a way to stir up deep-seated resentment at political division of the island.

Earlier, three men appeared in court in Newry, Co Down, charged with possessing guns and preparing for terrorism. Brian Sheridan, 34, Brian Cavlan, 35, and Dominic Dines, 39, were held on Friday in South Armagh. In later searches in the same area, police found explosives and bomb-making equipment.

Source: The Independent (26 April 2011)

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Lovely. More savages tainting the cause. There was a time for this, and it's long since passed.

Last Online
    07-20-2014 @ 09:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

Same tactic that the IRA used at the start of the troubles, specifically murdering Roman Catholic security force personnel. Give the dissidents 40 years and they to could end up sitting on the hill at Stormont with Sinn Fein. That’s if they have murdered a few Sinn Fein members in the process, after all two of those PSNI officers who have been targeted by the bombers and one who lost both legs are relations of elected Sinn Fein personnel.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&BlueBear View Post
    Same tactic that the IRA used at the start of the troubles, specifically murdering Roman Catholic security force personnel. Give the dissidents 40 years and they to could end up sitting on the hill at Stormont with Sinn Fein. That’s if they have murdered a few Sinn Fein members in the process, after all two of those PSNI officers who have been targeted by the bombers and one who lost both legs are relations of elected Sinn Fein personnel.
    You seem like sort of a one-trick pony, grave-digging all these IRA threads.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What IRA threads are these? PIRA, RIRA,OIRA, CIRA?

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What IRA threads are these? PIRA, RIRA,OIRA, CIRA?
    I just noticed two of them pop up that I haven't seen in months and you're the most recent poster. I'm not being critical if you're interested in the subject, it just took me by surprise to see new posts in dead threads relating to the IRA(s), which to me seem largely irrelevant when they aren't doing anything.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Eckhart View Post
    I just noticed two of them pop up that I haven't seen in months and you're the most recent poster. I'm not being critical if you're interested in the subject, it just took me by surprise to see new posts in dead threads relating to the IRA(s), which to me seem largely irrelevant when they aren't doing anything.
    Well this week has seen them carry out a shooting, wreck one of their own community centres because of a visit by the PSNI. A few security alerts in their stupid little campaign yesterday.

As for having a interest in the subject- well obviously I have an interest in what’s happening where I live.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well this week has seen them carry out a shooting, wreck one of their own community centres because of a visit by the PSNI. A few security alerts in their stupid little campaign yesterday.
    Really? Which one? Did you post the news story? You might want to in the UK section, if its relevant.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is the correct section of the forum, since it's the Northern Ireland section A Sub-forum in the UK Section of the forum. Full stories are available on BBC Newsline website NI.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is the correct section of the forum, since it's the Northern Ireland section A Sub-forum in the UK Section of the forum. Full stories are available on BBC Newsline website NI.
    Actually, that's my fault, I forgot what forum we were in. Anyway, I didn't see the news story posted, so I assumed you hadn't posted it.

Thread Information