What’s your opinion on the European Union?
As a nationalist I oppose the EU and the extinction of genuine nation states, which doesn't mean that I'm against European friendship.
The transfer of sovereignty has gone too far in my opinion; I don't want a supranational European state, not even a confederacy. I also don’t think that we need such in order to match China or India. At least my country would be doing fine without the Union.
I prefer the British model of a simple free trade Union, which leaves the sovereignty of the nation states untouched. So I favour a free trade zone in Europe without any political implications. I don’t oppose temporary multinational political alliances and cooperation in certain sectors, though.
I like UKIP’s stance on the EU and admire Nigel Farrage, the enfant terrible for the eurocrats.
Farrage on the undeomcratic nature of the EU
Farrage on the state of the Union
Farrage on the €uro
I’m convinced that the undemocratic and more and more autocratic EU rips off my country continuously. I see no benefit for Germany to stay and finance corrupt, bankrupt and ungrateful states unwilling to reform. Greece and Portugal wish to continue to live beyond their means, so that others “have to” pay their bills against the paragraphs of all European treaties!
The benefits are vastly exaggerated by the political class and media in Germany. We’d be better off with a return of the Deutsche Mark as we can see in the current crisis.
- European integration is dictated patronisingly and doesn’t come from the people.
- European integration lacks appropriate democratic legitimation
- The constitutive process was highly undemocratic
- No referendums or popular decision-making procedures
- The EU as a whole isn’t transparent and lobbyists control much of the EU
- Centralisation of competences and power at the EU level, but still the control of subsidiarity is highly ineffective and fraud is a common practice
- The current practice of bail-outs of states unwilling to reform properly, results in a money transfer Union, which is against the paragraphs of the European treaties and shows that these aren't worth the paper they're written on. The practice of money injections just burns incredible amounts of money and doesn't solve anything; to the contrary it's getting worse!
- EU bureaucrats enjoy a lot of privileges like f.e. immunity and cost huge sums of money
What's your stance on the EU?