View Poll Results: Do you support the EU?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I support the EU!

0 0%
  • I support the EU partly, but it needs reforms.

10 25.00%
  • I'm indifferent to the EU.

2 5.00%
  • No, I oppose the EU!

23 57.50%
  • I come from a net contributor country.

7 17.50%
  • I come from a net receiver country.

4 10.00%
  • I come from a Non-EU country.

12 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion of the EU

Progressive Collectivist Agrippa's Avatar
    Last Online
    01-17-2012 @ 01:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 364
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I voted for partial acceptance and the need for reforms, but I have to elaborate on that, since what I really meant is that I think the idea of an European Union, even with similarities to the current organisation, is essentially good, but the organisation and structures we have now are not, since they are just Plutocratic power tools and serve as spreaders of Cultural Marxism, economic Liberalism and other highly destructive structural changes, which are detrimental for all true Europeans.

So this European Union needs a very complete reform for working for the people and nations of the true Europe, even a revolution, yet I don't oppose the principal idea of an European Union, with other structures and another context.

Last Online
    07-18-2017 @ 02:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Nordid
    Politics
    Eurocentrism, Human rights, Anti-Putinism
    Hero
    The Mother Goddess
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 1,158

0 Not allowed!

My opinion will go entire opposite if Turkey joins the EU. Now I am just neutral most of the Bulgarians never wanted to join the EU, I preffer to stay out of it.
    До твоя олтар утъпкана пътека води...

Let virtue distinguish the brave

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,538
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

LOL @ Karl for saying Estonia is a net contributor country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_...state_analysis

Cyprus contributes way more than the welfare leecher that is Estonia.

Last Online
    06-14-2017 @ 09:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Polesian
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Taxonomy
    East-Alpinid/Robust East-Mediterranid
    Politics
    xenophobic capitalism
    Religion
    BelAOC
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

No need to create any supranational institutions. A system of agreements between European states would be sufficient. Dissolve the EU.
    Last edited by W. R.; 05-14-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: the > a; some > any

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 747
    Given: 368

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Forget Me Not View Post
    LOL @ Karl for saying Estonia is a net contributor country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_...state_analysis

Cyprus contributes way more than the welfare leecher that is Estonia.
    That map is old. Since Estonia became part of the eurozone, "we" have agreed to give extremely large sums(hundreds of millions of €uros) of money to Greece and Portugal. If that isn't contributing, then what is?

Keep in mind that Greece and Portugal have a higher GDP than we do, thus this is quite unfair.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,538
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jäärapää View Post
    That map is old.
    Wrong.
    Choropleth map showing Open Europe estimate of total budget expenditure in euros for the whole period 2007–2013 per capita (based on Eurostat 2007 population estimates)
    Try again.

Last Online
    03-31-2012 @ 12:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77

0 Not allowed!

I am against EU and I wish Greece hadn't bothered to join in the first place.

We were a recovering nation during the entrance process and I wish we had stayed out of EU with our small recovering but independent economy with its pros and cons,based on tourism and shipping .
    I'd prefer an independent Greece in all levels,with strong army and external borders being hermetically closed for Albanians,Fyromanians and illegal immigrants reaching my beautiful country via Turkey.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 747
    Given: 368

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Forget Me Not View Post
    Wrong.
    Try again.
    Reread my post you dumb troll. Since Estonia has joined the eurozone, we will have to pay hundreds of millions of euros to Greece and Portugal.

These amounts are so big, that the Financial minister of Slovakia even threatened to leave the eurozone. I also find it idiotic that poorer countries have to give richer countries money, to help them sustain their unsustainable way of life.

unrepentant reactionary Winterwolf's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-21-2012 @ 10:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    West-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Berlin
    Politics
    Nationalist, Conservative
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

0 Not allowed!

Post Save The Continent

I've read an interesting and worthwhile newspaper article today concerning the EU. I wanted to share it with you and wonder what you might think about it, so I translated it.
    (I hope, that I didn't mess up the message during translation )

Source: http://www.jungefreiheit.de/Single-N...b8ae472.0.html

Save The Continent

No external enemy could damage Europe more sustainable than the functionary and bureaucratic caste, which has pushed through the € and now holds on to it at any price.
    The argument, that the dollar is much weaker and the American debt burden bigger than that of the Europeans, isn't striking.

America [the US] has got political, military and cultural instruments to guarantee its dominance, which allow the US to make other countries bleed for its deficit.
    Europe has neither the will nor the means to fight back. Instead of the exponentiation the power of Europe, the € condemned the continent to autism and paralysation.

Politically, the debt crisis got severe consequences for Europe: A real demoralization has grasped the paymasters as the transfer takers alike. Structurally the disempowerment of nation states is accomplished by a supranational financial bureaucracy. The budget law is the most important sovereign right of the sovereign. Where it is lost, the National Parliament is reduced to the self-governing body of the colonized: It can decide on certain procedures of foreign domination, but essentially can’t question heteronomy any more.

There’s No Political Idea of Europe

The deepest instinct of any bureaucracy is the aim for self-preservation. This instinct, like a compass needle, points to each relevant political center of power. European politicians are unable to provide an idea of Europe and its interests. The introduction of the monetary union was a financial engineering operation and not a political constituent. Out of itself the common currency couldn’t provide a political idea.
    Into the current vacuum of power and guidance the international, mainly Anglo-American financial oligarchy struck, which provides the goals for the EU bureaucracy now: on whose behalf Europe is downgraded into a mere administrative unit for the transformation process into a standardized one-world society.

In Return the centrifugal forces grow stronger. Denmark wants to control its borders again; the Finnish voters have decided to support open protest, and the Hungarians - once next to the Poles, one of the most rebellious people of the Soviet bloc - showed their displeasure concerning Brussels, which wanted to interfere into their self-conception of their national identity.
    The reluctance to accept the rule of Brussels over the Europeans is reinforced by the sensitivity of smaller peoples, which notice the slightest attempt of heteronomy very well.
    They perceive Europe in a sensory way more as a risk than an opportunity. This perception makes the EU crumble from within, as each country goes its own way.

Those Who Oppose National Identities, Damage Europe

But there are necessities that suggest a more intense intra-European cooperation. The immigration pressure from alien cultures swells and in the wake of the global economic and financial system the normalised consumer and flexible working nomad, which lives a mechanized life in rationalized, dilapidated areas and cities, becomes a model for the future. To oppose this development, and to bring on a European idea, which draws from the continental multiplicity and diversity, but also pools these at the same time, would be the task of a renewed Union.

For the Spanish philosopher Luiz Diez del Corral - a spiritual descendant of Ortega y Gasset – “the diversity of the peoples of Europe weren’t opposites of different elements, but it was the same entity of Europe, which just had a different face in every European nation. There wasn’t a genuine European identity, which simply changed its appearance, but an active process of identification with Europe, which set the goal for every nation.” This also means: Those who want to deny or even eradicate national identities in the name of a European one, in reality become activists of European self-disempowerment and self-destruction.

What does it mean for a new European Union? A Europe, which finally wants to be capable of acting externally, needs to be a Europe of genuine nations and free people in its roots and intentions. Only these will be inwardly free enough to relativize the importance of intra-European differences, recognizing that the fine structures of their respective nation states are too weak to compete in global conflicts of interest individually. This will require an overarching, European structure, which internalized clear political, intellectual and cultural presets and reduced the bureaucracy to its service function.

Europe Is The Basis of National Self-preservation

The current EU seeks to transform the Europeans into market- and globalization-compatible standardized people, which are receptive unlimitedly. Only under these quasi-totalitarian conditions, it became possible to suspect an EU membership of Turkey, which never actively identified with Europe, even theoretically. The relative homogeneity of the continent would be so blown up, that in the long run it resulted in permanent disunity and inability to act.

The resistance to this betrayal of Europe all too often head into the wrong direction. European states tend to ally themselves with non-European powers against their neighbors. Thus Europe is weakened further and lays the ax at the basis also of the national self-preservation.

The primary role of a reformed Union would be to protect the sensitive yet dynamic unity of the national and continental identity, which bears the name of Europe, in order to promote and defend against external desires.
    Those who still consider the nation state as essential until further, need to worry about the future of Europe more intensely.
    Eine Nation aber, die ihre komplette Geschichte verwirft und unter moralischen, ja kriminellen Generalverdacht stellt, konzediert ihre eigene Unmöglichkeit und gibt den moralischen Anspruch auf eine selbstbestimmte Zukunft preis.

Last Online
    02-14-2015 @ 01:48 PM
    The true West Europe, Core of the Atlantic Facade.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtibero, Old Westerner, Atlantic Facade and 100% pure Iberian.
    Ethnicity
    Cantabri, Tierruca.
    Ancestry
    Mother Spain, father Spain ect....Until the first amoeba.
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Conquistador 100% Pure Iberian
    Politics
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Religion
    Spanish Inquisition.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,607
    Given: 3,171

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jäärapää View Post
    Reread my post you dumb troll. Since Estonia has joined the eurozone, we will have to pay hundreds of millions of euros to Greece and Portugal.
    Spain too, and more money than Estonia, much more.

Espada tengo. Lo demás, Dios lo remedie.

In the west almost all Spain had been subjugated, except that part which adjoins the cliffs where the Pyrenees end and is washed by the nearer waters of the ocean. Here two powerful nations, the Cantabrians and the Asturians, lived in freedom from the rule of Rome.")
    — Lucius Anneus Florus , Epitome de T. Livio Bellorum omnium annorum DCC Libri duo Bellum Cantabricum et Asturicum

Ethnicity of the Celts/Iberian. Tribes: Avariginos, Blendi, Concanos, Coniscos, Orgenomescos, Plentusios, Tamáricos and Vadinienses.--->http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...40#post3047240

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information