Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Good countries to visit in Europe

Peyrol

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GeistFaust View Post
    Why do you not want to go to Naples. I heard the North has many pleasant places I also wanted to see if I could get to the Alps. I think I might try to get to Southern Italy but I doubt it so during the trip I might try to stop through Florence, Milan, Turin, Genoa, and then maybe over to Tireste.
    Napoli has a rate of robberies and pickpocketing equal to Cairo or Marrakech.

If you need suggestions about the destinations, I am happy to contribute. All the cities you named are great.

Rome would require minimum a week/ten days to be visited well.

Last Online
    09-25-2023 @ 06:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

HAhAhahahhaha Albania? I would say go to Germany, I went to Frankfurt and it was very nice. Vienna, Austria is also a nice place.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish-Scot 1/8th Italian
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality/Prussianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwolf View Post
    You mean the Pirate port of Napoli I need to admit, I've never been south of Rome for a reason...
    Rome, the eternal city, where decay, ancient glory and modernity are right next to each other, is magical.
    A must have seen in life! I know northern Italians in particular don't like Rome very much, still I must say I loved it and I’m going to return someday - after all I threw a coin into the Fontana di Trevi.
    Yes well the only reason I would go South is to see if I could contact a very small part of the family from that area but I most definitely would like to visit Rome I have heard amazing things about it. But I have heard the North is full of many marvels.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tribuno View Post
    Napoli has a rate of robberies and pickpocketing equal to Cairo or Marrakech.

If you need suggestions about the destinations, I am happy to contribute. All the cities you named are great.

Rome would require minimum a week/ten days to be visited well.
    Yes are the robberies due to the gypsies in the area or is just a local problem. I have heard a lot about the gypsies in Italy and I also want to try to avoid the Turks in Germany. Yes that is the problem with visiting the bigger cities it would take some time from the trip. I am thinking it is best to get to know one area well or to get a little taste of everything if I really like an area I might try to stay longer. I probably plan for at least a month trip maybe three weeks.

Peyrol

0 Not allowed!

You mean the Pirate port of Napoli I need to admit, I've never been south of Rome for a reason... maybe my northern Italian friends influenced me...

Rome, the eternal city, where decay, ancient glory and modernity are right next to each other, is magical.
    A must have seen in life! I know northern Italians in particular don't like Rome very much, still I must say I loved it and I’m going to return someday - after all I threw a coin into the Fontana di Trevi.
    Not all southerners are "bad", but surely Naples has a life cycle all its own.

The Neapolitans are like Turks: or they are more good, honest, loyal and sincere people in the world, or are the worst "camorristi" on the planet surface.

PS. Rome is Rome ... the Eternal City. For us non-roman italians, go to Rome minimum twice in life is a moral obligation.

EDIT: Napoli had the highest birth rate of the entire Italy..about 2-3 children per family.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tribuno View Post
    Not all southerners are "bad", but surely Naples has a life cycle all its own.

The Neapolitans are like Turks: or they are more good, honest, loyal and sincere people in the world, or are the worst "camorristi" on the planet surface.

PS. Rome is Rome ... the Eternal City. For us non-roman italians, go to Rome minimum twice in life is a moral obligation.

EDIT: Napoli had the highest birth rate of the entire Italy..about 2-3 children per family.
    Yes well I do see there are Mafia like gangs in the South that is just what I have seen from what I have read. That is good to hear their birthrate is so high. Perhaps they will be able to keep their culture in tact in the South and preserve a part of Europe along with that.

unrepentant reactionary Winterwolf's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-21-2012 @ 10:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    West-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Berlin
    Politics
    Nationalist, Conservative
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

0 Not allowed!

Yes well the only reason I would go South is to see if I could contact a very small part of the family from that area but I most definitely would like to visit Rome I have heard amazing things about it. But I have heard the North is full of many marvels.
    I haven't been that often in Italy, yet. Only 3 times. I've been once in Mailand, as we Germans call it (Milano in Italian), in Turin and Rome. Can't tell you much about the countryside, because I haven't been there. Mailand is beautiful, but still Rome was the most impressive. I have to second Tribuno, one week isn't enough for Rome, you need at least 10 days.

But hey, Italians have hijacked this thread and took advantage of my foible for Italy!
    Eine Nation aber, die ihre komplette Geschichte verwirft und unter moralischen, ja kriminellen Generalverdacht stellt, konzediert ihre eigene Unmöglichkeit und gibt den moralischen Anspruch auf eine selbstbestimmte Zukunft preis.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I haven't been that often in Italy, yet. Only 3 times. I've been once in Mailand, as we Germans call it (Milano in Italian), in Turin and Rome. Can#t tell you much about the countryside, because I haven't been there. Mailand is beautiful, but still Rome was the most impressive. I have to second Tribuno, one week isn't enough for Rome, you need at least 10 days.

But hey, Italians have hijacked this thread and took advantage of my foible for Italy!
    That is alright Winterwolf I am thinking I would like to visit Western Germany first off and maybe try to visit some parts of Eastern France and then head north and head to Denmark and maybe Sweden.

Peyrol

0 Not allowed!

Yes are the robberies due to the gypsies in the area or is just a local problem. I have heard a lot about the gypsies in Italy and I also want to try to avoid the Turks in Germany. Yes that is the problem with visiting the bigger cities it would take some time from the trip. I am thinking it is best to get to know one area well or to get a little taste of everything if I really like an area I might try to stay longer. I probably plan for at least a month trip maybe three weeks.
    Yes well I do see there are Mafia like gangs in the South that is just what I have seen from what I have read. That is good to hear their birthrate is so high. Perhaps they will be able to keep their culture in tact in the South and preserve a part of Europe along with that.

Dangers aside, even Naples is still a beautiful city with a charm all its own ... the Neapolitan have a saying, "Vedi Napoli, e poi muori" (See Naples and die), because many foreigners, especially from the Anglo-Saxon world, literally fall in love with the city and not come back.
    Mount Vesuvius is spectacular, the bay also ... and Pompeii is magical.

But, if is your first time in Italia, you have to see before the north and the centre.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ethnicity
    Diets
    Ancestry
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55

0 Not allowed!

What if I am looking for an over all relaxing experience a lot of places to visit also some forest areas maybe some Mountainous terrains and maybe a beach or club here or there on the way.
    for Mountainbiking and nature.
    Eifel, Schwarzwald,Bavaria, the area near to Switzerland.

Northgermany if you look up for real beaches.

Germany!

Check out this thread and make up your mind. Since you're very much interested in Germany you should visit the country of your ancestors.

Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne and Stuttgart are great tourist attractions, especially if you also want to enjoy a good night life.

If you want it more relaxed go to Bavaria, the Black Forest in Baden-Württemberg or the Baltic Sea coast in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
    Hamburg
    If you look up for a real big hanseatic city.
    Very impressive.
    Way more people live there than in Stuttgart or even Cologne.

Cologne
    The City with one of the best Beers.
    Kölner Dom
    Kirchen
    Has much culture.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information