Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Angry LICD: Canadian Webcomic and racist Teletoon

For going on 4 years, I have been working hard to bring LICD to the small screen, via a traditionally 2D animated series. Working with Teletoon (the Canadian version of the Cartoon Network), everything was in place to get the series off the ground.

And that’s about the time things went to shite.

Could Noel be of African American descent? Maybe Mick should be middle eastern. How do you feel about setting the series in Toronto? Issa should be a native. All of the friends should live together? Rayne’s neice, Ashley, shouldn’t be in the show. Instead of sleeping with women, could Rayne date them casually? We’d like one of the characters to smoke a great deal of pot.

The list goes on.

Suffice it to say, I wasn’t about to let this series get bastardized into a watered-down shell of its former self. Thanking everyone for their time, I walked away from the deal and waited until the contract expired.

Cut to recently. It was brought to my attention that the kind folks at Teletoon took a lot of our hard work, both intellectual and art, and used it in one of their new series. Not only that, but they took our hard work and made a shitty series.

Rather than let the rage consume me, I would turn this into something positive, something good for LICD and its readers. Rather than let anyone dictate what we can or can’t do, we will make our own pilot. With your help.

I will put my money where my mouth is, and match the pledges dollar for dollar. I wouldn't ask you for something that I don't believe in myself.

With your help, we will produce a 22-minute animated LICD pilot, making it as it should be.

Once that is done, we will have a finished episode to shop around to various outlets and do our best to get a full series made.

We need your help. More importantly, we want the community to be a part of this. Please head on over to the Kickstarter page for more info.

Help us bring Rayne and the gang to the screen, as they were meant to be.

As always, we thank you for your support.

-sohmer
    First of all: I'm not asking anyone to support this nor am I trying to advertise this comic. The focus of my post is in bold. The comic can be found here for those interested.

While I'm not asking people to donate, as I myself do not endorse the attitudes of the main characters towards sex, society, etc., I do read it from time to time and was outraged at the suggestions posed to the creators by Teletoon during their negotiations to make the original series. This is the trash that the media wants to shove down the throats of Canadian children? It's worse than the garbage on American TV!

The thing that struck me is that Ryan Sohmer, the fellow who writes the strip and is pretty much a leftist himself, was even struck by the absurdities of the demands of the Cultural Marxists working for this major corporation. If we consider that all corporations basically operate manufacturing and selling a given product, what is it that Teletoon manufactures and sells? And who buys it?

I know I shouldn't be surprised, and in many ways, I'm not. I just found myself really angered by the whole thing. This is one of the main reasons there are so few of us around: the younger generations are spoon-fed this self-hating, anti-white, anti-Euro, anti-cultural excrement from the time they're young.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

Teletoon is run by a man named Ian Greenburg.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-06-2012 @ 06:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Region
    City of London
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48

0 Not allowed!

White people shpould be more cohesive and form groups that represent "The white dollar" or "White Euro" etc as the muds and duds do.
    These pressure groups should then go balistic when anything anti-white is proposed and threaten to alert all whites to boycot any rubbish destined for our children.
    Start hitting these people in the pockets and watch how they change their tune....

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

You know, Canadian TV was much better when I was a kid.

We had these things called "Heritage Minutes", which showed Canadian accomplishments and important parts of our history. There were also "Vignettes" which were usually folk songs played during commercial periods. These were to make people be proud to be Canadian and many Canadians my age remember them fondly.

They are not on TV anymore. Instead, it is inundated with Cultural Marxist bullcrap. This seemed to have started in the 2000s. This is when CanWest GlobeMedia, run by the Asper family, started to absorb other channels. Before they just had Global, now they run Global, CTV, CityTV, Shaw Cable, Eastlink, Bell, and God knows what else.

Aspers also run a bunch of networks in Australia, apparently.

The CBC is still alright, but you can see the shifts.

Nowadays I only watch French-language TV, because it's not as Cultural Marxistified... yet. TQS could tone down on the badly-dubbed American shows though. Since most French-Canadians do understand English we can just switch over to CBS when we want to watch CSI.

Thread Information