Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quebec: The mayor of a village without any Muslims wants to build a mosque

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Death
    Ethnicity
    Death
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Quebec: The mayor of a village without any Muslims wants to build a mosque

Gates of Vienna

Quebec: The mayor of a village without any Muslims wants to build a mosque

At a time where the rights tribunal forbids the recitation of prayers before the beginning of sessions in the city of Saguenay, (Quebec) Mayor Gendron of the small municipality of Huntingdon offers land and buildings for the construction of a mosque and madrassa.

Poor mayor Gendron. The groups that have the funds to build mosques are very likely to be linked to the Muslim Brotherhood and to be financed by petrodollars. This mayor who wants to repopulate his municipality risks having the one already established run away if in the village a branch of the Islamic league shows up.

Huntingdon wants its mosque. According to what Rue Frontenac has learned, the mayor Stephan Gendron has been searching for many months for a promoter or an Islamic group that will agree to build “a place of cult” in the small city of upper St. Laurent, which has no Muslim citizens. The municipality of 2,600 citizens (it was 2,900 20 years ago) has thrown itself into a business that the mayor qualifies as “a great seduction”. His target: Families, the elderly, and curiously, Muslims. To attract the latter the mayor is using many methods. Even if Huntingdon contains no Muslim citizens, he hopes for the mosque to be on his territory soon and has already made some steps towards that. “I haven’t had an official meeting, but I am talking to some people.”

Stephan Gendron does not stop there. On top of a place to pray he hopes to build a college or an Islamic cultural centre. “I already have the land available” he says, “and if they do not want to build new, I have vacant buildings at their disposal”. He has however no employment to offer his new cohabitants. “The migration around religion is one of the models that works the best,” believes the mayor. “It’s so difficult to attract people to the region that you must be creative.”

Within a week, Huntingdon will have in place a new online website translated in English, Arabic and Spanish, which is extremely rare and maybe even unique for a town of this size. Even Montreal does not go as far on the web. “We are also going to be organizing an open house during the spring,” promises Stephan Gendron.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

Ahh mon dieu! J'ai mon estie d'voyage!

Idiot politicians courting who-knows-what group for supposed economic reasons are just that, idiots! That guy should be voted out! And soon! What an imbecile!

Last Online
    08-26-2011 @ 10:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    germanic
    Ethnicity
    dutch
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18

0 Not allowed!

That guy is out of his mind, and doesn't have a clue about islam and its followers. Some misguided idiot, who thinks it is possible to negotiate and do bussiness with muslims on equal terms. When this is not the case, he is just immoral, ready to sell out his own culture, in exchange for temporary success. Once you've admitted muslims in your community, you won't get rid of them anymore. And that is only the beginning.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

Ahem. Hate to state the obvious but... I wonder what this guy's first language is?

If it is French, what is the language of the TV stations he watches most of the time?

Sorry, but this is some bonafide Anglo shit. I can't in a million years picture any self-respecting French-Canadian saying or doing something like this.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AcadianDriftwood View Post
    Ahem. Hate to state the obvious but... I wonder what this guy's first language is?

If it is French, what is the language of the TV stations he watches most of the time?

Sorry, but this is some bonafide Anglo shit. I can't in a million years picture any self-respecting French-Canadian saying or doing something like this.
    But with a name like Gendron and living in the Saguenay of all regions! It is disheartening if he is a French Canadian. Il n'a rien compris!

Last Online
    05-14-2012 @ 12:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

This guy is looking for cultural enrichment in all the wrong places. It just leads me to believe that his intentions are more sinister than we can fathom at this moment.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-23-2012 @ 02:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54

0 Not allowed!

Like in any dominant ideology, in this case multiculturalism, people living under it can more or less be expected to conform to its dictates, even if in many individual cases there's no particular reason to do so. I suspect this may be one of those cases. More than once I've seen people go out of their way to date or hire minorities, for example, just under the assumption that this is what is expected of them.

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aemma View Post
    But with a name like Gendron and living in the Saguenay of all regions! It is disheartening if he is a French Canadian. Il n'a rien compris!
    French names don't always mean French, just as English names don't always mean English. I know English-speaking Richards and a French-speaking Smiths. But then: What is his wife? What school did he go to? What newspapers does he read? What TV stations does he watch?

French-Canadians don't need "cultural enrichment". We're just fine and our cultures, from Acadia to BC, are very rich the way we are. Just because English people are so vapid that they need to import less vapid (but incompatible) people to their regions doesn't mean we do, and we shouldn't listen to them.
    Last edited by Grumpy Cat; 03-13-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Last Online
    11-26-2011 @ 10:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberic
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Visigoths/Lusitanians
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Alpnid/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    Catholic.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

0 Not allowed!

I declare religious discrimination! I demand that public funds be used to build a Catholic cathedral.

Prendre la lune par les dents MagnaLaurentia's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-07-2012 @ 03:12 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gallo-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Québécois
    Ancestry
    French, Irish and Italian
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Souverainisme
    Religion
    Catholique
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39

0 Not allowed!

The Mayor is Stephane Gendron.... That guy is a crazy multiculturalism defender who think everything is good to developping his small town! He like to shock people and he was in several tv show in the past... now he comments political actuality on V Channel. Anyway I consider this guy to much emotional, i'm sure he have problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information