Religion
    Immune to crap
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Swedish cultural marxists fight gender bias

No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

STOCKHOLM – At the "Egalia" preschool, staff avoid using words like "him" or "her" and address the 33 kids as "friends" rather than girls and boys.

From the color and placement of toys to the choice of books, every detail has been carefully planned to make sure the children don't fall into gender stereotypes.

"Society expects girls to be girlie, nice and pretty and boys to be manly, rough and outgoing," says Jenny Johnsson, a 31-year-old teacher. "Egalia gives them a fantastic opportunity to be whoever they want to be."

The taxpayer-funded preschool which opened last year in the liberal Sodermalm district of Stockholm for kids aged 1 to 6 is among the most radical examples of Sweden's efforts to engineer equality between the sexes from childhood onward.

Breaking down gender roles is a core mission in the national curriculum for preschools, underpinned by the theory that even in highly egalitarian-minded Sweden, society gives boys an unfair edge.

To even things out, many preschools have hired "gender pedagogues" to help staff identify language and behavior that risk reinforcing stereotypes.

Some parents worry things have gone too far. An obsession with obliterating gender roles, they say, could make the children confused and ill-prepared to face the world outside kindergarten.

"Different gender roles aren't problematic as long as they are equally valued," says Tanja Bergkvist, a 37-year-old blogger and a leading voice against what she calls "gender madness" in Sweden.

Those bent on shattering gender roles "say there's a hierarchy where everything that boys do is given higher value, but I wonder who decides that it has higher value," she says. "Why is there higher value in playing with cars?"

At Egalia — the title connotes "equality" — boys and girls play together with a toy kitchen, waving plastic utensils and pretending to cook. One boy hides inside the toy stove, his head popping out through a hole.

Lego bricks and other building blocks are intentionally placed next to the kitchen, to make sure the children draw no mental barriers between cooking and construction.

Director Lotta Rajalin notes that Egalia places a special emphasis on fostering an environment tolerant of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. From a bookcase, she pulls out a story about two male giraffes who are sad to be childless — until they come across an abandoned crocodile egg.

Nearly all the children's books deal with homosexual couples, single parents or adopted children. There are no "Snow White," "Cinderella" or other classic fairy tales seen as cementing stereotypes.

Rajalin, 52, says the staff also try to help the children discover new ideas when they play.

"A concrete example could be when they're playing 'house' and the role of the mom already is taken and they start to squabble," she says. "Then we suggest two moms or three moms and so on."

Egalia's methods are controversial; some say they amount to mind control. Rajalin says the staff have received threats from racists apparently upset about the preschool's use of black dolls.

But she says that there's a long waiting list for admission to Egalia, and that only one couple has pulled a child out of the school.

Jukka Korpi, 44, says he and his wife chose Egalia "to give our children all the possibilities based on who they are and not on their gender."

Sweden has promoted women's rights for decades, and more recently was a pioneer among European countries in allowing gay and lesbian couples to legalize their partnerships and adopt children.

Gender studies permeate academic life in Sweden. Bergkvist noted on her blog that the state-funded Swedish Science Council had granted $80,000 for a postdoctoral fellowship aimed at analyzing "the trumpet as a symbol of gender."

Jay Belsky, a child psychologist at the University of California, Davis, said he's not aware of any other school like Egalia, and he questioned whether it was the right way to go.

"The kind of things that boys like to do — run around and turn sticks into swords — will soon be disapproved of," he said. "So gender neutrality at its worst is emasculating maleness."

Egalia is unusual even for Sweden. Staff try to shed masculine and feminine references from their speech, including the pronouns him or her — "han" or "hon" in Swedish. Instead, they've have adopted the genderless "hen," a word that doesn't exist in Swedish but is used in some feminist and gay circles.

"We use the word "Hen" for example when a doctor, police, electrician or plumber or such is coming to the kindergarten," Rajalin says. "We don't know if it's a he or a she so we just say 'Hen is coming around 2 p.m.' Then the children can imagine both a man or a woman. This widens their view."

Egalia doesn't deny the biological differences between boys and girls — the dolls the children play with are anatomically correct.

What matters is that children understand that their biological differences "don't mean boys and girls have different interests and abilities," Rajalin says. "This is about democracy. About human equality."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110626/...r_neutral_tots

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Trondheim, Norway
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    British Columbia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,828
    Given: 243

0 Not allowed!

"The kind of things that boys like to do — run around and turn sticks into swords — will soon be disapproved of," he said. "So gender neutrality at its worst is emasculating maleness."

Further emasculation, great, pretty soon they'll want to turn us all into eunuchs

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

Totally gay. Let kids be kids.

Nearly all the children's books deal with homosexual couples, single parents or adopted children.
    Why not a normal family? What do they have against normal families? Going to fuck up these kids for sure.

Although I'm not against adopting children and actually think that is a noble thing. Actually, it's an insult to adopted people (like my grandfather and one of my best friends) to put them in the same league as homosexual couples and single parents.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Ancestry
    Castilla la Vieja
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    nationalism
    Religion
    España
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,976
    Given: 1,059

0 Not allowed!

Retards.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-29-2019 @ 11:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Czech Republic, Germany, French Huguenot, Ireland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    apolitical
    Religion
    agnostic, born Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55

0 Not allowed!

When's it gonna fucking end???

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis24 View Post
    When's it gonna fucking end???
    When these kids grow up to be broke adults because they're unable to hold down a job and function in the real world... and then eventually walk into a crowded building with a gun and shoot 20 people?

Hatchling
    Last Online
    06-29-2011 @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    anatolian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

I lived in Sweden for two years I've never seen such a thing there. This must be one of those experimental isolated cases which I doubt the society supports that. Although the society is much in favor of social egalitarianism which is a positive thing.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-29-2011 @ 06:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Muscovite
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is so stupid I can't find the words. This whole "equalization" agenda was slowly pushed upon us when I was a kid. When I was a Soldier in the Swedish military years ago, we had women in our pluton, and higher ranked officers saw us all as "equals", that meant we had to do everything together and be with each other at all times, even in the shower. On the physical side, the females were always much slower, so there you go. We were Soldiers, not male or female.

This mentality has been promoted by the Jew Media that want all the positions to be 50% men, 50% women, in politics, in banks, sport organizations, and so on - in ALL areas of the staff. They were ALWAYS pushing this mentality, back when I used to watch Talmudvision. EVEN if the woman is not qualified by a long shot for the job. In other words, a man can do much better job, but they have to hire the woman so the organization can be viewed as having equal opportunities in the eyes of society. This is just poison.

Sad part is, most Swedes are accepting this.
    Last edited by kamelin; 06-27-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: .

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystify View Post
    I lived in Sweden for two years I've never seen such a thing there. This must be one of those experimental isolated cases which I doubt the society supports that. Although the society is much in favor of social egalitarianism which is a positive thing.
    The problem is, the adult world is not equal. Pushing it on kids will make them unable to deal with the stress that comes with this when they are adults... with negative effects.

In fact, the reality of inequality and the human pecking order starts before adulthood, in high school (ie the popular crowd vs the uncool kids, etc.). These kids may not even make it through high school without emotional problems.

If these kids take a job and think they are equal to their boss, or if they get pulled over for speeding and think they are equal to the cop, they are in for a rude awakening.

Hatchling
    Last Online
    06-29-2011 @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    anatolian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kamelin View Post
    This is so stupid I can't find the words. This whole "equalization" agenda was slowly pushed upon us when I was a kid. When I was a Soldier in the Swedish military years ago, we had women in our pluton, and higher ranked officers saw us all as "equals", that meant we had to do everything together and be with each other at all times, even in the shower. On the physical side, the females were always much slower, so there you go. We were Soldiers, not male or female.

This mentality has been promoted by the Jew Media that want all the positions to be 50% men, 50% women, in politics, in banks, sport organizations, and so on - in ALL areas of the staff. They were ALWAYS pushing this mentality, back when I used to watch Talmudvision. EVEN if the woman is not qualified by a long shot for the job. In other words, a man can do much better job, but they have to hire the woman so the organization can be viewed as having equal opportunities in the eyes of society. This is just poison.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kamelin View Post
    Sad part is, most Swedes are accepting this.
    I doubt that described in the article is accepted, it is possibly one of those experimental things that happens in all Nordics, but most stay only in the laboratory.

I lived in Sweden I haven't to complain about their society as a whole. They are proud people of having built up a decent country that even accepted you

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information