Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,886
    Given: 26,289

1 Not allowed!

I hope South Croats(Albanians) and Northern Bulgarians(Serb) will eventually reconcile.

Last Online
    02-20-2024 @ 08:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Malesor
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E1b-V13>CTS5856 (subclade-predictor)
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Hero
    Lekë Dukagjini, Gjon Buzuku, Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 622

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vukodav View Post
    Books written by actual Serbian historians are carefully written too, without speculations. Real historians rarely speculate. Its just that wannabe historians are louder and more noticeable in the public
    True. The wannabe's are out there, like Jovan Deretic who says we were shipped on a boat from Italy, lmao
    GenePlaza K29 Admix : 90.8% Greek-Albanian

23andme v5 : 99.8% Balkan

DNA.LAND : 100% Balkan

K36 Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Kosovo @ 10,443345 2 Albanians_Montenegro @ 10,594414

Last Online
    11-17-2022 @ 01:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Vasojević clan
    Country
    Montenegro
    Taxonomy
    Pred. Norid
    Politics
    Pan-Slavicism
    Hero
    dralos
    Religion
    Holly Cow
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 757
    Given: 335

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Uski View Post
    i think its unavoidable. i can somehow understand how some young serbs, say those born in kosovo might feel. To them (regardless of how historically valid it is anymore and of the war) they still see it as "srce srbije", and i mean you cant really blame them, from their position it makes sense, and if someone had say a family member die in that war (regardless of some of the atrocities) that can mess you up big time. Of course from my side its the same way, but i feel as if we dont see through these ethnic divisions enough and analyze the human aspect behind it.

Maybe this is why the balkans will always be a mess.
    Kosovo value to Serbs is cultural and a matter of an ethnic pride. No one really cares about teritory itself. But its a symbol before anything else. I personally mostly care about the Serbs that are left there, torn apart and used as political pawns by official Serbian and Kosovo governments
    "Ne zanesi se za velike pobjede, koje s' prosutom krvlju zemlje i gradove obaraju, no se zanesi i za male pobjede, tek koje božanski dišu i mirišu!"
    Vojvoda Marko Miljanov Popović

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaid View Post
    There were no Illyrians in Middle Ages in Dukagjin, only Albanians. Your ancestors were most certainly Albanian, that couldn’t keep their lands in Dukagjin or migrated out for better opportunities (posture land etc). Live with it.
    Even if his direct paternal line is Albanian that means nothing after the many centuries of autosomal mixing with Serbs.
    Y dna is only 0.01% of total dna. Milosh look very Slavic btw.

Радуновић
    Last Online
    03-09-2022 @ 05:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Metohija > Montenegro > Kosovo
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    Y-DNA: I2a
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,321
    Given: 847

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Even if his direct paternal line is Albanian that means nothing after the many centuries of autosomal mixing with Serbs.
    Y dna is only 0.01% of total dna. Milosh look very Slavic btw.
    We will wait for the official confirmation. About that 1000ybc...
    Kosova është zemra e Serbi

Last Online
    10-26-2023 @ 08:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina/Montenegro
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    E-V13>FGC11450
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 679
    Given: 883

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukagjini View Post
    True. The wannabe's are out there, like Jovan Deretic who says we were shipped on a boat from Italy, lmao
    Jovan Deretić is best example of a pseudohistorian that loves to make fool of himself. No one with real knowledge of history can take him serious. But problem is that people like him are given to much attention in media because as Vukodav said they make bombastic claims wich are appealing to wider public. It's truly a sad thing wich gives us Serbs a bad reputation, I mean i always see dozen of these fools on internet claiming all ancient civilizations to be Serbian. And sadly I think that in my school history book from 2 years it was mentioned that Albanians came from southern Italy in 11th century (obviously not correct) and that is weird since I rember that in my 6th grade history book it was clearly wirtten that Albanians come from Illyrians. Just shows that there is some division amnog Serbian historians on this topic though I'd say that majority of serious historians accepts the fact that Albanians are natives.

Last Online
    02-20-2024 @ 08:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Malesor
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E1b-V13>CTS5856 (subclade-predictor)
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Hero
    Lekë Dukagjini, Gjon Buzuku, Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 622

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Morlak View Post
    Jovan Deretić is best example of a pseudohistorian that loves to make fool of himself. No one with real knowledge of history can take him serious. But problem is that people like him are given to much attention in media because as Vukodav said they make bombastic claims wich are appealing to wider public. It's truly a sad thing wich gives us Serbs a bad reputation, I mean i always see dozen of these fools on internet claiming all ancient civilizations to be Serbian. And sadly I think that in my school history book from 2 years it was mentioned that Albanians came from southern Italy in 11th century (obviously not correct) and that is weird since I rember that in my 6th grade history book it was clearly wirtten that Albanians come from Illyrians. Just shows that there is some division amnog Serbian historians on this topic though I'd say that majority of serious historians accepts the fact that Albanians are natives.
    Yea man it's annoying, but also dangerous imo, cause it shapes people's minds. Not gonna say we are perfect either when it comes to the history and our historians, but we need to all be facts based. Poreklo.rs does a decent job, and so does foleja.
    GenePlaza K29 Admix : 90.8% Greek-Albanian

23andme v5 : 99.8% Balkan

DNA.LAND : 100% Balkan

K36 Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Kosovo @ 10,443345 2 Albanians_Montenegro @ 10,594414

Last Online
    09-12-2020 @ 07:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Taulantian Illyrian Dardanian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Uskana as it is now known
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Dardania
    Politics
    Hoxhaist for the heck of it
    Hero
    Skanderbeg, Enver Hoxha, Jordan Peterson and Filthy Frank(?)
    Religion
    Sunni Muslim
    Relationship Status
    Burned Out
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 87

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Voskos View Post
    I hope South Croats(Albanians) and Northern Bulgarians(Serb) will eventually reconcile.
    I just noticed this and.... holy hell man?
    "If if if if if if if if if if if if if we if we fall for you know a bunch of Okie Doke just because eh eh eh eh eh eh eh sounds funny" - Barack Osama (?)

Last Online
    04-06-2022 @ 04:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Virginia
    Politics
    Anarchism
    Hero
    Kropotkin
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,989
    Given: 3,806

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vukodav View Post
    Yeah, Marko's mother was Albanian, but I think that Kuči as a whole always had good connections with Albanians up until relatevely recently.
    I am not sure why did the mixing occurred tbh, a lot of the marriages back then were arranged, so I asume that males from bordering clans who didn't have any other option found a wife in neighbouring Albanian or Montenegrin clan. Or just coincidence, who knows.
    The assimilated Albanians in Montenegro live in mixed Albanian and Slavic muslim communities tho and they mixed for ages, like in Plav and Gusinje for example, its not a recent thing tho. But most of them still have Albanian identity, so its kinda strech to say that they are asimilated, I know that language is important and all but I doubt they'll start identifying as Serbs, maybe eventually like Bosniaks. The Albanians in Tuzi and Ulcinj still speak Albanian, actually in Ulcinj they only speak Albanian, most of the youth can't even speak Serbian
    The overwhelming amount. It's easy from their last name alone to determine which family they come from and which clan they belong to.

Southern Montenegro, according to this French archeologist and physican, as far as Budva was part of Albania.
    "We left the little fort of Budua [Budva], the last holding of the Venetians in Albania" http://www.albanianhistory.net/1675_Spon/

Cases of assimilation usually mean Albanians assimilating into the Montenegrin ethos, and finding the inverse is practically impossible.

Last Online
    11-17-2022 @ 01:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Vasojević clan
    Country
    Montenegro
    Taxonomy
    Pred. Norid
    Politics
    Pan-Slavicism
    Hero
    dralos
    Religion
    Holly Cow
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 757
    Given: 335

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alb0zfinest View Post
    The overwhelming amount. It's easy from their last name alone to determine which family they come from and which clan they belong to.

Southern Montenegro, according to this French archeologist and physican, as far as Budva was part of Albania.
    "We left the little fort of Budua [Budva], the last holding of the Venetians in Albania" http://www.albanianhistory.net/1675_Spon/

Cases of assimilation usually mean Albanians assimilating into the Montenegrin ethos, and finding the inverse is practically impossible.
    In which century it was part of Albania? Which state of Albania are you talking about, please be realistic.
    "Ne zanesi se za velike pobjede, koje s' prosutom krvlju zemlje i gradove obaraju, no se zanesi i za male pobjede, tek koje božanski dišu i mirišu!"
    Vojvoda Marko Miljanov Popović

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information