Thread: Iain Duncan Smith was RIGHT: Foreign workers took three in four new jobs in Britain in the last year

Last Online
    10-07-2013 @ 01:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Politics
    Sick of all the bullshit
    Religion
    Immune to crap
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Iain Duncan Smith was RIGHT: Foreign workers took three in four new jobs in Britain in the last year

Three in every four of those who joined Britain's workforce in the last year were foreign born.

Official figures yesterday showed that the number of foreign men and women in work soared by 334,000 to more than 4million.

However, the number of British-born workers finding employment in the same period - up to the end of March this year - rose by only 77,000.

The revelation, by the independent Office for National Statistics, will fuel the explosive debate over 'British jobs for British workers'.

Earlier this month, Iain Duncan Smith broke Cabinet ranks by warning that a new generation of young men and women will be condemned to a life on benefits without tougher measures to stem the flow of migrant workers.

The Work and Pensions Secretary said that his expensive back-to-work schemes will fail without stricter controls.

And he urged British businesses to give young people coming off welfare and back into employment a fair chance, and 'not just fall back on labour from abroad'.

Mr Duncan Smith's comments provoked a furious backlash from British business leaders who said that British youngsters were too lazy, ill-educated and lacking the work ethic to compete for jobs.

They also blamed the welfare system for not encouraging more unemployed British people to find work.

Recent figures show that Britain's population increased by nearly half a million last year, driven by high levels of immigration and rising birth rates.

Between 1997 and 2010, more than half of the rise in employment in the UK was accounted for by foreign nationals.

Sir Andrew Green, chairman of MigrationWatch UK, said: 'It is impossible to look at these figures which show a substantially greater increase in the foreign-born workforce than in the British-born workforce without deducing that there has been a significant impact on the prospects for British workers.

'There no point in being in denial about this.

'British employers surely have a responsibility to consider the wider implications of who they employ.'
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1S3wrNS1v

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,538
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

Why didn't indigenous British take those jobs first?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Apotheosis View Post
    In construction it used to be your knowledge gave you work. You'd walk the streets looking for sites and inquire to the gaffer, or perhaps wait till the sites kicked out the men and played the 'pub game'.

Nowadays the whole game is controlled by agencies. Each agency is working off of your wages. Whereas I could earn £10 an hour as a labourer in the past, I can now only earn £6. The other £4 goes to the agency. The site is happy as they have temp worker working for temp rates.

Where do I stand? I worked all my life to be a £12 an hour man. I am whored around by agencies for £15 an hour and paid (at best) £10.

I couldn't give a fuck now. Let this whole world trip on its ego.

That's just one part of the machine. Other suffer worse, whilst others are 'no go'.

The result is the British become Native Indians before their time and immigrants bask in their glory of working hard and being ever so nice people.

LOL! Smiles can be removed.

Last Online
    11-17-2011 @ 03:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Donauschwaben from Yugoslavia; Bavarian, English, Irish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Colorado
    Politics
    Pro-White
    Religion
    Feh
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Apotheosis View Post
    I imagine it's like here in the US where local labor is shoved out because the foreign labor is cheaper. We have whole industries here purged of Americans that even 20 years ago was run by only American labor.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Region
    Pembrokeshire
    Politics
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackbeard View Post
    The result is the British become Native Indians before their time and immigrants bask in their glory of working hard and being ever so nice people.
    I hate to say it, but I entirely agree with you. Agencies will employ anyone (with very limited experience) who looks for a job with them and it just happens that the majority of `anyone` are non-Brits.

Thread Information