European white
    Religion
    baptized Catholic as an infant
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Sex in the corporate workplace

Do you know someone of either gender who climbed to where they are or maintains their position by having sex with the boss? I do.

40 year old guy with a 31 year old woman. She made him cakes and everything. No way she worked for him for 4 years with no husband and he never had picture of his wife in his office. I also could tell through their interactions, there was always somehow a non-office bond there that me and the others picked up between them.

I can see why she did/does it. Single mother with 3 kids. Still though it seems weird when you are among it all and you only then really see what was happening once you're gone and looking back.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

I think that this actually happens lest often that it assumed to happen. Your post is an example, Austin.
    I don't mean any offence, and with all due respect, I believe people are always quick to jump into conclusions and make such assumptions without any actual proof. Generally speaking, it can happen out of jealousy or simple curiosity. Not saying that using sex as a means of getting a promotion isn't common, but more times than not, it is assumed to be so whereas it's not actually happening.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-26-2011 @ 10:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German/Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    European white
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    I think that this actually happens lest often that it assumed to happen. Your post is an example, Austin.
    I don't mean any offence, and with all due respect, I believe people are always quick to jump into conclusions and make such assumptions without any actual proof. Generally speaking, it can happen out of jealousy or simple curiosity. Not saying that using sex as a means of getting a promotion isn't common, but more times than not, it is assumed to be so whereas it's not actually happening.

The 290 pound assistant basically emailed me one day asking me what I thought about it, and she'd been working there a lot longer than me, and she clearly thought the same.

It isn't rare. I think a lot of women in corporate positions would like to claim it's rare (I'm not judging them, it says a lot about men for sure). The problem is those bosses tend to brag to their young aspiring male underlings when they show off to them by buying them the most expensive shots at the bar, and their young aspiring underlings tend to like to share

You have to keep in mind. That twenty something working for you is getting laid a lot more than you are. He knows this because when you come to work the day after your 40th birthday you high-five him and are happier than you've been in a long time. That twenty something knows when someone is having an affair much more than the married 40 something.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No, it isn't rare, and it also happens the other way around (male employees sleeping with female bosses). I am just saying that it has become such a common assumption that it actually comprises a stereotype. Whenever we see a beautiful young girl working for an older, male boss, we automatically assume that she sleeps with him for the job.

For example, the girl I mentioned yesterday that once won a beauty pageant in Cyprus, was working in the same office alongside with me and two other women. Both of them were overweight, divorced, and over 35 years old.

All they did all day was gossip behind the 25-year old ex-model's back about how she must be "doing" the boss in order to get this job, otherwise how could she have gotten it?

Truth is, she was as smart and hard-working as the two of them. Her looks did play a factor in getting that job though. It was for the reason that she was working in a P.R. position, for which looks were important. But asides that she had done no sexual favours to get the job, and she was quite good at it. Her colleagues were assuming so because of jealousy...

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German/Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    European white
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No, it isn't rare, and it also happens the other way around (male employees sleeping with female bosses). I am just saying that it has become such a common assumption that it actually comprises a stereotype. Whenever we see a beautiful young girl working for an older, male boss, we automatically assume that she sleeps with him for the job.

For example, the girl I mentioned yesterday that once won a beauty pageant in Cyprus, was working in the same office alongside with me and two other women. Both of them were overweight, divorced, and over 35 years old.

All they did all day was gossip behind the 25-year old ex-model's back about how she must be "doing" the boss in order to get this job, otherwise how could she have gotten it?

Truth is, she was as smart and hard-working as the two of them. Her looks did play a factor in getting that job though. It was for the reason that she was working in a P.R. position, for which looks were important. But asides that she had done no sexual favours to get the job, and she was quite good at it. Her colleagues were assuming so because of jealousy...

And you know this how?

Let me see the eye contact and demeanor of her and the boss in respect to the other employees for a month and then I'd know

Of course they're always quite good at it, those gorgeous little model women... That's exactly what my boss said to her, much to the chagrin of his other female assistants who worked weekends for him and never got such compliments!

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    And you know this how?

Let me see the eye contact and demeanor of her and the boss in respect to the other employees for a month and then I'd know
    And you'd know this how?

Neither of us would have proof.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German/Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    European white
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

And you'd know this how?

Neither of us would have proof.

Oh that's def it she slept with him.

You can have proof. We don't live in an absolutist world. Reality matters. Observed interactions and oddities over time matter and add up into realities.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Observed interactions and oddities over time matter and add up into realities.
    Solipsism?

Banned
    Last Online
    06-28-2012 @ 10:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Pred. Austrian, Serbian
    Ancestry
    Austria, Serbia, Poland, Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Northdick
    Politics
    Silesia Je Moravia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20

0 Not allowed!

Do you know someone of either gender who climbed to where they are or maintains their position by having sex with the boss? I do.

40 year old guy with a 31 year old woman. She made him cakes and everything. No way she worked for him for 4 years with no husband and he never had picture of his wife in his office. I also could tell through their interactions, there was always somehow a non-office bond there that me and the others picked up between them.

I can see why she did/does it. Single mother with 3 kids. Still though it seems weird when you are among it all and you only then really see what was happening once you're gone and looking back.
    The thing is, the guy is probably fully aware as to why she is going out with him. He wants a younger piece of ass and is fine making a trade-off for some money and dealing with her kids, meanwhile she feels secure financially. She might even be using her boss (a lawyer I'm guessing?) to maintain custody of her kids.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German/Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Taxonomy
    European white
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Things add up. This is the difference between a realist and a naive idealist. Reality stacks. Especially reality in long increments of consistency. You cannot stay an optimistic idealist forever when hit with so much realities that point to something else.

It isn't some anti-optimism position so much as it is accepting reality over projection after so many instances of inconsistencies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information