Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by samario View Post
    It's a shame how the Muslims overthrew centuries of history and tradition. The Egyptian civilisation was fascinating as it was. Egypt should rediscover its roots and adopt a constitution where all people have freedom of thought, belief and regligion. It was like that before 1980 apparently. Egypt should go back to that and stop persecuting Copts.

Also, should consider having Coptic as their sole official language.
    Not going to happen, kid. Sisi doesn't give a flying shit for his people, and he cares more about America and Israel than anything which is also true for most Arab leaders in the Arabian peninsula and beyond.

samario

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Toppo900 View Post
    So did we as well. Don't dream about it so much, kid. Jews in Israel, especially by nationalists, hate Christians as well which is why many Israeli settlers were caught countless times burning up churches and graffiti with anti-Christian and anti-Arab slogans. Btw, the Christians and the Copts here(UAE) are treated far more better than in Israel and Egypt put together, so stop trying to make this fictitious idea that Israel is the best country for Christians to live in when is a country that is very ethnocentric(racist) to the core. Bitch please.
    I think it might be because of the Arabic language and culture and amongst Ultra-Orthodox Jews, secular Jews or laid-back Jews are not as stringent. I'm referring to their spiteful behaviour towards Christian Levantines and Copts. I'm not saying Israel is the best country for Christians. I take it some are even weary of Christians as they themselves suffered persecution raids from Christians in Europe, etc.

Tel Aviv, for instance, seems to be a very secular city. I bet Christians wouldn't have it hard living there if they spoke Hebrew.

The United Arab Emirates seems fairly Western-friendly, open to free trade ideas, etc. English is largely spoken too and they have a sizeable English expats community. Offers freedom of religion as far as I'm concerned. Are non-Muslims really not persecuted there? It'd be amazing if it could turn into a secular state. I've been doing my research and Muslims can't convert to any other religion in the UAE. This doesn't scream freedom. Flogging and stoning legal, as well as laws preventing anyone from showing any shred of disapproval towards the royals.

This is what makes Israel so unique amongst Middle Easterns nations. It's a democratic state. The UAE is not, despite its gleaming new cities, economic growth and diverse population.

Israel itself is very ethnoreligiously centered, that I am aware of, but I think Christians would have a chance to integrate or assimilate if they didn't speak Arabic, that's what I'm saying. Non-religious people would have a higher chance, too, wouldn't they?
    Last edited by samario; 12-31-2019 at 12:36 AM.

samario

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgo View Post
    Even if the government changed, your average Egyptian Muslim HATES Christians. They call Copts parasites, say they are smelly and impure etc. You have sheiks and imans on live tv everyday fueling the hate against Christians.

Just so you have an idea, Copts are so persecuted that they all have a small Cross tattooed on their wrists at an early age which they have to show to prove they are real Christians in order to be able to enter Church to attend Mass.
    That's sad and the creation of a Coptic State doesn't seem very plausible. Something has got to be done. Maybe under the rule of a truly secular leader, things could change for the better and Copts be protected from hate crimes. Egyptian identity needs to be rescued.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think it might be because of the Arabic language and culture and amongst Ultra-Orthodox Jews, secular Jews or laid-back Jews are not as stringent. I'm referring to their spiteful behaviour towards Christian Levantines and Copts. I'm not saying Israel is the best country for Christians. I take it some are even weary of Christians as they themselves suffered persecution raids from Christians in Europe, etc.

Tel Aviv, for instance, seems to be a very secular city. I bet Christians wouldn't have it hard living there if they spoke Hebrew.

The United Arab Emirates seems fairly Western-friendly, open to free trade ideas, etc. English is largely spoken too and they have a sizeable English expats community. Offers freedom of religion as far as I'm concerned. Are non-Muslims really not persecuted there? It'd be amazing if it could turn into a secular state. I've been doing my research and Muslims can't convert to any other religion in the UAE. This doesn't scream freedom. Flogging and stoning legal, as well as laws preventing anyone from showing any shred of disapproval towards the royals.

This is what makes Israel so unique amongst Middle Easterns nations. It's a democratic state. The UAE is not, despite its gleaming new cities, economic growth and diverse population.

Israel itself is very ethnoreligiously centered, that I am aware of, but I think Christians would have a chance to integrate or assimilate if they didn't speak Arabic, that's what I'm saying. Non-religious people would have a higher chance, too, wouldn't they?
    Israel is ethnocentric while the UAE isn't. Yeah, it is but democracy doesn't mean that it's based on civic nationalism like the US, so they wouldn't be able to assimilate unless they fully converted to Judaism and join the Jewish tribe so to speak. Arabic is a Semitic language btw very closely related to Aramaic and Hebrew(Canaanite). UAE isn't fully secular or shari3a for that matter but rather in between, but things are getting more and more better here. We have a lot of Coptic churches here and so on, and they're living in peace with the Muslims here. Not to mention that it's very illegal for hate speech against religion, race and etc to the point that you'd be fined for over 1 million dirhams on that. I'm not even joking. Israel doesn't have such laws against hate speech, especially under the rule of the Likud party that is very racist to the core.

Last Online
    02-08-2023 @ 11:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine Christian + Armenian + Assyrian
    Country
    Quebec
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 59

1 Not allowed!

That's sad and the creation of a Coptic State doesn't seem very plausible. Something has got to be done. Maybe under the rule of a truly secular leader, things could change for the better and Copts be protected from hate crimes. Egyptian identity needs to be rescued.
    Egypt likes to keep Copts really poor and impoverished so they don't have self-determination and seek autonomy. We're talking about at least 15 million Christians who are systematically suppressed. They are by far one of the largest ethnic groups worldwide who don't have their own autonomy.

The only solution would be if the Sinai is given to the Copts so they can form their own country. As a Levantine Christian I wouldn't mind living in a Copt country, they are my brothers.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-24-2022 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo-Judeas
    Ethnicity
    500% Judean
    Ancestry
    1000% Judean
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Abraham
    mtDNA
    Sarah
    Taxonomy
    100% Judean
    Politics
    Judean
    Hero
    Moses
    Religion
    Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Happily married with 4 matriarchs
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,349
    Given: 722

1 Not allowed!

So did we as well. Don't dream about it so much, kid. Jews in Israel, especially by nationalists, hate Christians as well which is why many Israeli settlers were caught countless times burning up churches and graffiti with anti-Christian and anti-Arab slogans. Btw, the Christians and the Copts here(UAE) are treated far more better than in Israel and Egypt put together, so stop trying to make this fictitious idea that Israel is the best country for Christians to live in when is a country that is very ethnocentric(racist) to the core. Bitch please.
    This is such bullshit. The shit by Israeli settlers is a rare event. They total 50 people at max.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-30-2024 @ 08:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,348
    Given: 369

1 Not allowed!

Egypt likes to keep Copts really poor and impoverished so they don't have self-determination and seek autonomy. We're talking about at least 15 million Christians who are systematically suppressed. They are by far one of the largest ethnic groups worldwide who don't have their own autonomy.

The only solution would be if the Sinai is given to the Copts so they can form their own country. As a Levantine Christian I wouldn't mind living in a Copt country, they are my brothers.
    Leventines are distinct from Egyptians. They have West Asian (chalcolithic Iranian) and low level Steppe_MLBA ancestry compared Ancient Egyptians

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine View Post
    This is such bullshit. The shit by Israeli settlers is a rare event. They total 50 people at max.
    I'm not saying all of Israel is like that which is usually done by religious settlers anyway. I was just saying that the Likud ruling party of Israel is a racist party by default which even Longbowman agrees on the whole thing as well. While Zionism in the past used to be based on civic nationalism for both Jews and Arabs, the ideology changed to mixed with Jewish nationalism and etc not much differently than say Baathism which is an Arab nationalistic party against non-Arabs like Kurds, Persians and etc. Palestinians also do bad things too, so I'm no longer the person that sees things in black-and-white.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

They're not your "brothers" since Copts don't cluster with any Levantine groups besides Palestinians and Jordanians as well as to other Egyptians and even to Arabians as well. The same's true for the ancient Egyptians btw. Sectarianism is pretty much the norm in the Levant and Egypt, that's for sure. The Copts here in the UAE are doing just fine.

Ancient Egyptians from New Kingdom period:

Distance to: EGY_Late_Period
    0.04819656 Yemenite_Dhamar
    0.04939434 Yemenite_Amran
    0.05178746 Yemenite_Ma'rib
    0.05512937 Yemenite_Jew
    0.05694519 Yemenite_Al_Bayda
    0.05723044 BedouinA
    0.05875959 Yemenite_Al_Jawf
    0.06219038 Palestinian
    0.06348335 BedouinB
    0.06664471 Saudi
    0.06669452 Samaritan
    0.06981400 Yemenite_Mahra
    0.07289655 Tunisian_Jew
    0.07623195 Libyan_Jew
    0.07838259 Egyptian
    0.07898094 Palestinian_Beit_Sahour
    0.08070070 Lebanese_Christian
    0.08497977 Karaite_Egypt
    0.08757410 Lebanese_Muslim
    0.08947886 Lebanese_Druze
    0.09099972 Druze
    0.09159035 Syrian_Jew
    0.09175144 Moroccan_Jew
    0.09280638 Syrian
    0.09339946 Romaniote_Jew

Ancient Egyptians from Ptolemy period:

Distance to: EGY_Hellenistic
    0.05517412 Yemenite_Dhamar
    0.05914018 Yemenite_Amran
    0.06050051 Yemenite_Ma'rib
    0.06198049 Yemenite_Al_Bayda
    0.06254366 Yemenite_Jew
    0.06465316 Yemenite_Al_Jawf
    0.06918032 BedouinA
    0.07241956 BedouinB
    0.07441549 Saudi
    0.07570574 Palestinian
    0.07657475 Yemenite_Mahra
    0.07802007 Samaritan
    0.08271892 Egyptian
    0.08690035 Tunisian_Jew
    0.09057689 Libyan_Jew
    0.09497840 Lebanese_Christian
    0.09498329 Karaite_Egypt
    0.09722658 Palestinian_Beit_Sahour
    0.09990951 Lebanese_Muslim
    0.10160428 Lebanese_Druze
    0.10372098 Syrian
    0.10414060 Druze
    0.10470074 Syrian_Jew
    0.10583212 Moroccan_Jew
    0.10742706 Romaniote_Jew

Oh, and don't pretend you care about them considering that the Maronite Christians in countries like Canada and other western countries even bully Copts just to please their White masters. Bitch please. Take your christ-tard beliefs somewhere else. Most Euro members here don't give a flying fuck about your kind.

Oh, and one last thing. I'm not a Muslim either as what you claimed in the other thread before Loki closed the thread down. I'm an atheist, and all of the Abrahamic religions are bad
    Last edited by Kamal900; 01-01-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-24-2022 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo-Judeas
    Ethnicity
    500% Judean
    Ancestry
    1000% Judean
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Abraham
    mtDNA
    Sarah
    Taxonomy
    100% Judean
    Politics
    Judean
    Hero
    Moses
    Religion
    Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Happily married with 4 matriarchs
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,349
    Given: 722

0 Not allowed!

I'm not saying all of Israel is like that which is usually done by religious settlers anyway. I was just saying that the Likud ruling party of Israel is a racist party by default which even Longbowman agrees on the whole thing as well. While Zionism in the past used to be based on civic nationalism for both Jews and Arabs, the ideology changed to mixed with Jewish nationalism and etc not much differently than say Baathism which is an Arab nationalistic party against non-Arabs like Kurds, Persians and etc. Palestinians also do bad things too, so I'm no longer the person that sees things in black-and-white.
    To put it in perspective, there are probably more hate crimes against reform and conservative synagogues in Israel than against churches. Why is Likud racist?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information