Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

.22 lr is a very deadly cartridge.The infamous school massacres in Finland,Jokela and Kauhajoki were executed using .22 caliber pistols.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-09-2012 @ 05:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    germanic
    Ethnicity
    british isles,germany
    Ancestry
    british isles,germany
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Queensland
    Religion
    transvestitism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

[YOUTUBE]kuLJCLO3BLM[/YOUTUBE]

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

WW1 LEE ENFIELD MK 1 CARBINE, 1899

The Lee Enfield Mk1 with Enfield rifling, followed the Lee Metford range of rifles with Metford rifling.

WW1 BRITISH LEE METFORD RIFLE MK 1*, 1899

The first magazine Rifle to be adopted by the British Army .
    The barrel is bored using the Metford type of Rifling. It used the new .303 Cartridge adopted in 1888. Dated 1889, originally a Mk1. This one has been converted to a Mk1 star. Complete with Bayonet Item A1146.

WW1 LEE ENFIELD No1 MK 3* RIFLE, 1918

British No.1 Mk III* Lee-Enfield Rifle, SMLE (Short Magazine Lee Enfield) or short rifle with magazine.

Adopted by the British Military on January 26, 1907.

Adapted from an original design by James Paris Lee and the Royal Arms Factory at Enfield, England.

Mk III refers to the third incarnation of the No.1 rifle.

This rifle was also manufactured in England, Australia and India. The Mk III was used in both WWI and WW2.

Probably one of the fastest cycling bolt action rifles made for military use. The rifle pictured was manufactured at Enfield in 1918, in England

WWII LEE ENFIELD No 4 Mk2 RIFLE, 1945

The No4 Enfield rifle originally the No1 Mk6 renamed the No4, replaced the SMLE No1 Mk3 during WW11.
    As a standard-issue infantry rifle, it remained in British service well into the early 1960s and is still found in service in the armed forces of some Commonwealth Nations.

The Lee-Enfield was chambered for the .303 British cartridge, and featured a ten-round box magazine which was loaded manually from the top, either one round at a time, or by means of five-round chargers. The Lee-Enfield series superseded the earlier Martini-Henry, Martini-Enfield, and Lee-Metford rifles, and although officially replaced in the UK with the L1A1 SLR in 1957, it continues to see official service in a number of British Commonwealth nations to the present day,notably with the Indian Police,and is the longest-serving military bolt-action rifle still in official service.
    The rifle shown is a No4 Mk2 April 1950 made at Fazakerley Liverpool.
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    WW1 LEE ENFIELD MK 1 CARBINE, 1899

The Lee Enfield Mk1 with Enfield rifling, followed the Lee Metford range of rifles with Metford rifling.

WW1 BRITISH LEE METFORD RIFLE MK 1*, 1899

The first magazine Rifle to be adopted by the British Army .
    The barrel is bored using the Metford type of Rifling. It used the new .303 Cartridge adopted in 1888. Dated 1889, originally a Mk1. This one has been converted to a Mk1 star. Complete with Bayonet Item A1146.

WW1 LEE ENFIELD No1 MK 3* RIFLE, 1918

British No.1 Mk III* Lee-Enfield Rifle, SMLE (Short Magazine Lee Enfield) or short rifle with magazine.

Adopted by the British Military on January 26, 1907.

Adapted from an original design by James Paris Lee and the Royal Arms Factory at Enfield, England.

Mk III refers to the third incarnation of the No.1 rifle.

This rifle was also manufactured in England, Australia and India. The Mk III was used in both WWI and WW2.

Probably one of the fastest cycling bolt action rifles made for military use. The rifle pictured was manufactured at Enfield in 1918, in England

WWII LEE ENFIELD No 4 Mk2 RIFLE, 1945

The No4 Enfield rifle originally the No1 Mk6 renamed the No4, replaced the SMLE No1 Mk3 during WW11.
    As a standard-issue infantry rifle, it remained in British service well into the early 1960s and is still found in service in the armed forces of some Commonwealth Nations.

The Lee-Enfield was chambered for the .303 British cartridge, and featured a ten-round box magazine which was loaded manually from the top, either one round at a time, or by means of five-round chargers. The Lee-Enfield series superseded the earlier Martini-Henry, Martini-Enfield, and Lee-Metford rifles, and although officially replaced in the UK with the L1A1 SLR in 1957, it continues to see official service in a number of British Commonwealth nations to the present day,notably with the Indian Police,and is the longest-serving military bolt-action rifle still in official service.
    The rifle shown is a No4 Mk2 April 1950 made at Fazakerley Liverpool.
    Fuck.. my hands are itching. I dream of owning and handling a Lee-Enfield.

Man, husband, cat keeper, brewer, cook, writer... Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-20-2023 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pan-European
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    US: Canada (Mohawk, Huron and Cree) Lithuania Belarus Ukraine Moldova Germany Denmark England Wales
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Maryland
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c1
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranid between Atlantomediterranid and Gracilmediterranid with Cromagno-Alpinoid.
    Politics
    Now a center feather on the right shoulder, not on a wing, but being pushed there.
    Hero
    My Dad, Mom and Wife
    Religion
    American Heathen
    Relationship Status
    Married since June 1982
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 28

0 Not allowed!

As an addenda to an earlier post I made in the "Post a picture of your smellies" thread...

I own 7 No 4 Mk2's, all built in Liverpool during the course of 1949. I had originally bought 9, but sold the 2 built by Savage Arms in Chicopee, MA to a fellow veteran who collects them. The original intent was to equip myself and some friends who wanted to participate in WW2 re-enactments as a squad of Americans who had enlisted in Canada...
    - Stefn Piparskeggr Ullarskjaldberi

Dramedy occurs when serious and silly collide

mDNA H5 - yDNA E1b1b1c
    97.9% European, 1.6% Mohawk, 0.4% Cree, 0.1% Malian
    (also, 2.4 % Neanderthal and .6% Denisovan in there)

Plays with Trolls Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    09-20-2013 @ 12:31 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Nordic-English
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    3rd generation Norwegian-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    North Dakota
    Politics
    Opposite of wherever Washington is going
    Religion
    Follower of Christ
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

I've owned a few Enfield's No 1 Mk 4's & No 3 Mk 1's After I shot up a couple cases of .303 Headstamped 1900 & 1903 I sold them. I am a FFL holder, so selling 'em after I've shop 'em is what I do.

I carry a S&W 3913 everywhere I go, but my favorite is a Colt Trooper Mk IV 6" .357 magnum. I've taken a few whitetails with it. My best shot ever was about 120 meters back of the head running on a doe a companion had wounded. I don't consider such a shot a good idea, but the animal was hit, the Colt was what I had, and I was the guy in a position to take the shot.

My two favorite rifles are a Browning BLR in .308 that I've taken many deer with, and a Browning 1885 falling block in .270 win. I've shot 5/8" groups with the lever-action at 100 yards (Nosler BT 150gr over 46.5gr WW748 @2765fps). The 1885 is just gorgeous! I'm the only person who has ever fired it. It will group under 1" at 200 yards on a perfect day. My wife has a Ruger Mini-30 in 7.62x39. It won't do better than a 2" group at 100 yards, but that is perfectly good for a 150 yard deer rifle. It doubles as my zombie apocalypse weapon when equipped with 30 round mags.

I just got myself a Savage 12VLPSS in .223 it's left hand bolt with a heavy stainless fluted barrel and a laminated stock. I won't tell you how accurate it is, because you'd just call me a liar.
    You don't need a gun until you need a gun. Then you need a gun and there is no good substitute.

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 2DREZQ View Post
    I just got myself a Savage 12VLPSS in .223 it's left hand bolt with a heavy stainless fluted barrel and a laminated stock. I won't tell you how accurate it is, because you'd just call me a liar.

No sir, everyone who posts on this thread is an enthusiast and wants to learn and be educated by people who know guns, you are exactly what this thread needs. up
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Man, husband, cat keeper, brewer, cook, writer... Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-20-2023 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pan-European
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    US: Canada (Mohawk, Huron and Cree) Lithuania Belarus Ukraine Moldova Germany Denmark England Wales
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Maryland
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c1
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranid between Atlantomediterranid and Gracilmediterranid with Cromagno-Alpinoid.
    Politics
    Now a center feather on the right shoulder, not on a wing, but being pushed there.
    Hero
    My Dad, Mom and Wife
    Religion
    American Heathen
    Relationship Status
    Married since June 1982
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 28

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 2DREZQ View Post
    I've owned a few Enfield's (snippage)

I love the Enfield as the workhorse it is. I just shoot the Remington 180 gr factory loads.

As the owner of a standard, birch-stocked Savage 110 in 30-06, the accuracy of which I know...I'd say that you are regularly putting 10 rounds in a business card at 200 yards.

My wife's favorites are her 2 Ruger Mini-14's, one for iron sight work the other for scope work. Her rifle for sub-MOA accuracy is a NEF Handi-rifle heavy barrel single shot in .223.
    - Stefn Piparskeggr Ullarskjaldberi

Dramedy occurs when serious and silly collide

mDNA H5 - yDNA E1b1b1c
    97.9% European, 1.6% Mohawk, 0.4% Cree, 0.1% Malian
    (also, 2.4 % Neanderthal and .6% Denisovan in there)

Last Online
    05-06-2023 @ 02:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Old Europe
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ancestry
    Spain.
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

Last week a friend of mine let me try his Colt King Cobra.Very beautiful and with a great trigger,extraordinarily accurate too.My 586 is no slouch,but talk about special guns.I'd love Colt to start making those great revolvers again(with all those cool snake names,Python,Diamondback,Anaconda...much better than just numbers!) I'm sure they'd sell quite a few.The used ones I've seen command pretty high prices.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02112011480.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	675.8 KB 
ID:	17188

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02112011481.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	658.9 KB 
ID:	17189

Last Online
    08-05-2012 @ 05:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Religion
    Greek orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannon View Post
    You are probably right. If my husband wanted to teach me how to shoot one, I would try it....but as of right now, I have never shot a gun before, and they just scare the hell out of me. Plus, we have a very young son, and I've heard too many stories about children getting their hands on dad or mom's gun and getting themselves killed...or someone else.

So, while I'd be willing to learn how to shoot one, I am totally AGAINST keeping them in a home with young children. Thankfully, hubs understands and keeps his guns under lock and key
    Sorry if I reply to this a while after it has been posted.

I'm a member in a shooting range myself, and it is common that people not familiar with firearms have a huge apprehension of them. I have yet to see a person who hasn't overcome this fear after having been taught about them at the range and allowed to fire some shots.

In my humble opinion, at the very least you should be able to secure all weapons in your house, even if they are supposed to remain in the gun cabinet : safe handling of weapon, putting the security on & removing ammunition. Being able to do so is having control over the weapons, instead of having your fear of them paralysing you.

There was a time in France (1880's) when rifle instruction was part of the boy's school curriculum. As a civic education teacher (High School teacher of History in France are also teaching Geography and Civic Education), I believe it would be a sound thing to reinstate.

I still remember how during my military service the handling and shooting of firearms replaced a lot of wrong assumptions with certitudes and responsability for all of us.

At our shooting range we often happen to train teenagers, who are glad for the training and experience. The first things they learn are about security and safe handling of firearms and ammunition. Often, they are stunned by their level of ignorance : they thought they knew it all from movies and games, and then they realized these media were outright lying to them.

The detonation of real weapons, the recoil and other factors (aiming, dispertion etc.) is absolutely unlike what they believed a firearm to be.

In our society, a lot of movies and games are about weapons and violence ; it serves as an outlet for stress and as an ersatz of power, in a society where people are increasingly powerless over the things that matter. I believe a citizen, as a decisiontaker over himself and society, should know from experience what firearms are about, and thus not let himself intoxicate by the medias' false promises. Conscription used to do that, not anymore.

As an annex to the topic, I also believe too many people in our societies grow up without having a clear notion of death and its irreversibility, whereas in any rural society people have a clear notion of it (not only it's dead but it's your stomach). It's another debate, but if people realized what death is about they wouldn't be able to enjoy the media's "recreative" depiction of the use of firearms against "villains".

Just my two cents worth.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information