View Poll Results: Where in Africa can triracial Latinos pass the best?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cape Verde

0 0%
  • Seychelles

0 0%
  • Mauritius/Reunion

1 50.00%
  • South Africa (mainly as Coloured)

1 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can triracial Latinos pass in Africa and where?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-06-2021 @ 03:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,704
    Given: 5,603

0 Not allowed!

Default Can triracial Latinos pass in Africa and where?

Is it places like Cape Verde, Seychelles, Mauritius/Reunion and South Africa (as Cape Coloured)?
    Last edited by Maguzanci; 07-10-2020 at 04:28 PM.

El_Abominacion

1 Not allowed!

Latino triracials vary greatly, someone with something like 10% SSA and 5% Native with the rest being Euro is mixed of course but not a 'true' triracial imo, so I will exclude those.

Creoles of Réunion and Mauritius as you already insinuated are generally similar in their ancestral components and proportions, so i'll group them. Proper triracials with large amounts of African, Native and European ancestry can fit very easily in Creole communities on the two aforementioned islands.

Mauritian Creoles

Spoiler!

Réunionnais Creoles

Spoiler!

As for Seychelles, I feel their Creole population is generally too African for LATAM triracials to fit in as well.

Cape Verde has a mixed population, overwhelmingly black and mulatto. Amongst the Mulatto population, once again I feel the more African shifted triracials could fit in but Cape Verdeans lack a third component that gives the 'triracial look' that would allow LATAMS to fit in more easily.

South African Coloureds are generally in the same ball park as Mauritians and Réunionnais, but I don't know enough about what they look like on average to make a solid conclusion with them.

If I had to choose, it'd be Mauritius and Réunion that Latino triracials could fit best in.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-01-2022 @ 12:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance - Native Brazilian - Celtic - North African - Mediterranean - African
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,702
    Given: 85

0 Not allowed!

Trirracials pass better in North Africa, especially because of big chunk of them are 65-75% euro.

Cape coloureds and cape verdeans look more mulato. Aka considered black in Brazil.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

0 Not allowed!

Middle East and South Asia.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma de Pegasus View Post
    Trirracials pass better in North Africa, especially because of big chunk of them are 65-75% euro.

Cape coloureds and cape verdeans look more mulato. Aka considered black in Brazil.
    Don’t many triracials look too Amerindian mixed to pass? Cape coloureds are actually quadriracial or 5 races tho: they are a mix of Euro, Khoisan, Indian, West African and Malay. To me, they are much more like triracials than mulattos.

How about Mauritius, Seychelles and Reunion? Wouldn’t triracials pass easier there?
    Last edited by Maguzanci; 07-11-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joso View Post
    Middle East and South Asia.
    No. How about Mauritius and Reunion or Cape Verde?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Abominacion View Post
    Latino triracials vary greatly, someone with something like 10% SSA and 5% Native with the rest being Euro is mixed of course but not a 'true' triracial imo, so I will exclude those.

Creoles of Réunion and Mauritius as you already insinuated are generally similar in their ancestral components and proportions, so i'll group them. Proper triracials with large amounts of African, Native and European ancestry can fit very easily in Creole communities on the two aforementioned islands.

Mauritian Creoles

Spoiler!

Réunionnais Creoles

Spoiler!

As for Seychelles, I feel their Creole population is generally too African for LATAM triracials to fit in as well.

Cape Verde has a mixed population, overwhelmingly black and mulatto. Amongst the Mulatto population, once again I feel the more African shifted triracials could fit in but Cape Verdeans lack a third component that gives the 'triracial look' that would allow LATAMS to fit in more easily.

South African Coloureds are generally in the same ball park as Mauritians and Réunionnais, but I don't know enough about what they look like on average to make a solid conclusion with them.

If I had to choose, it'd be Mauritius and Réunion that Latino triracials could fit best in.
    You are the real expert here. I notice a lot of Latinos think they would pass in places like North Africa or Middle East while completely oblivious and ignoring the fact that they might pass much better in places like Cape Verde, Mauritius/reunion, Seychelles and South African colored. But it’s not surprising as people don’t hear much about these places.

I also forgot to add the Reer Xamar, Swahili Coast of Kenya and Tanzania like Zanzibar and maybe Comoros. Maybe triracials could pass in those groups as well.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-27-2024 @ 09:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Not White
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,495
    Given: 884

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maguzanci View Post
    You are the real expert here. I notice a lot of Latinos think they would pass in places like North Africa or Middle East while completely oblivious and ignoring the fact that they might pass much better in places like Cape Verde, Mauritius/reunion, Seychelles and South African colored. But it’s not surprising as people don’t hear much about these places.

I also forgot to add the Reer Xamar, Swahili Coast of Kenya and Tanzania like Zanzibar and maybe Comoros. Maybe triracials could pass in those groups as well.
    In fact White Pred Triracials pass better in MENA regions. Balanced ones probably not.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-01-2022 @ 12:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance - Native Brazilian - Celtic - North African - Mediterranean - African
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,702
    Given: 85

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maguzanci View Post
    Don’t many triracials look too Amerindian mixed to pass? Cape coloureds are actually quadriracial or 5 races tho: they are a mix of Euro, Khoisan, Indian, West African and Malay. To me, they are much more like triracials than mulattos.

How about Mauritius, Seychelles and Reunion? Wouldn’t triracials pass easier there?
    No, trirracials are more common in Puerto Rico, Brazil, Venezuela and Colombia. In Brazil and PR they have a similar composition which is mostly between 60-75% euro which we call pardos. Pardos donts pass very well in Cape Verde, my city has a significant cape verdean community and they stand out. People 40-50% european are perceive themselfs as black in Brazil and not as pardos, Cape verdeans are around 40% euro. But ofc most black brazilians are trirracials in reality like 40% african, 40% euro, 20% amerindian. They just have way lower euro admixture than someome perceive as pardo that are on average 65% euro, 20% euro, 15% amerindian. In PR its a similar situation. I believe pardos of Venezuela are less european like 50% euro, 25% african, 25% amerindian by the immigrants I see running South America. Panama has triracials but they are way different, they mostly are very low euro and end up looking black or amerindian. But Panama is tyne country to Latin America, only of pardos Brazil has 85 milion people, so trirracials that look pseudo middle eastern/south asian/north african are more numerous. Thats my brazilians point of view, persons from other countries like I said may different perceptions.

Persons like Ex President Lula and Nicolás Maduro are trirracials and they pass better in North Africa.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma de Pegasus View Post
    No, trirracials are more common in Puerto Rico, Brazil, Venezuela and Colombia. In Brazil and PR they have a similar composition which is mostly between 60-75% euro which we call pardos. Pardos donts pass very well in Cape Verde, my city has a significant cape verdean community and they stand out. People 40-50% european are perceive themselfs as black in Brazil and not as pardos, Cape verdeans are around 40% euro. But ofc most black brazilians are trirracials in reality like 40% african, 40% euro, 20% amerindian. They just have way lower euro admixture than someome perceive as pardo that are on average 65% euro, 20% euro, 15% amerindian. In PR its a similar situation. I believe pardos of Venezuela are less european like 50% euro, 25% african, 25% amerindian by the immigrants I see running South America. Panama has triracials but they are way different, they mostly are very low euro and end up looking black or amerindian. But Panama is tyne country to Latin America, only of pardos Brazil has 85 milion people, so trirracials that look pseudo middle eastern/south asian/north african are more numerous. Thats my brazilians point of view, persons from other countries like I said may different perceptions.

Persons like Ex President Lula and Nicolás Maduro are trirracials and they pass better in North Africa.
    Lola and Maputo don't really look North African though. They look uniquely Latin to me. You are knowledgeable enough about North Africa phenos?

What about Seychelles, Mauritius or Reunion or Swahili coast like Zanzibar? Or you don't know about them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information