View Poll Results: Is it compatible with European ethnic and cultural preservation to support "minorities"?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is perfectly legitimate, and so are leftist attitudes in general.

3 7.89%
  • Yes, it is legitimate, but too much leftism as a whole is dangerous.

11 28.95%
  • No, it is not legitimate, but general leftism is alright.

2 5.26%
  • No, it is impossible to be a leftist and preach toleration and also support of the survival of Europe and/or the West.

22 57.89%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Does Western Preservation Entail Minority Rights?

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    You see, there is a problem with this thread:

for you, everyone who is not a fundamentalist Christian and who does not agree with you 100% is automatically a leftist.

You do not define "leftism" (what a ridiculous term by the way, it can encompass one billion different things and still it will be vague) as a political stance but rather use it as a derogatory term for anyone you don't find befitting to your own mindset.

I bet many of those you consider to be "leftist" would actually hold some views which are much more "hardcore" than your own. In any case, the very logic behind this question is flawed. The separation of church and state has happened ages ago, now you can engage into politics without having to be a priest.
    Not true at all. I would never call a Folkish Heathen (in the strict sense, there are many who use this label incorrectly) or a follower of Hindutva a leftist, much less many Orthodox Jews. Leftism, rather, is a general tendency toward Liberalism and Enlightenment ideologies. One does not need to be a fundamentalist Christian (who are all heretics anyway, since fundamentalism comes out of the Protestant Reformation) to be opposed to Leftism as a general phenomenon or as incarnated in specific movements, as I am sure most responding to this poll will agree.

I have made this poll and this posting to be fair to the leftists and multicults; thus being I have used broad rather than specific terms, because it was not meant as an attack on fellow Europeans but an effort to encourage debate among them.

Where have I mentioned religion at all in the poll or in the OP? It is mentioned in reference to the Mohammedans, but that's because of the Saracen troll.
    Last edited by Magister Eckhart; 09-29-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Inappropriate ad hominem removed

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Psychoactive
    Ethnicity
    Green ;)
    Taxonomy
    Artemisia absinthium
    Religion
    Obscure
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 49

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Eckhart View Post
    snip
    You have successfully managed to confuse the heck out of me.

Where have I mentioned religion at all in the poll or in the OP? It is mentioned in reference to the Mohammedans, but that's because of the Saracen troll.
    Fair enough, I guess that twisted the thread altogether.

It seems to me, rather, that you have a specific insecurity with any hint of the higher or the spiritual - something that should not surprise me with someone who uses a hallucinogenic liquor to self-identify.
    It seems to me, once more, that you jump into very hasty conclusions. I am very interested in spirituality and religion hence I have invested the last couple of years in seminars and the study of different traditions. I don't consider my self an atheist either; I am sceptical and searching.

It is rather you who has come across as insecure to me, as you are very quick to judge others and jump into conclusions whenever their viewpoints don't seem reasonable to you. If you were more self-confident you would not try to convince others about the truth of your sayings. Nor repeatedly try to characterize them, marginalize them and nag all the time their presence here.
    Anyway, this debate is dead-end it seems...

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    You have successfully managed to confuse the heck out of me.
    Let me know how and I'll see what I can do to rectify the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe
    It seems to me, once more, that you jump into very hasty conclusions. I am very interested in spirituality and religion hence I have invested the last couple of years in seminars and the study of different traditions. I don't consider my self an atheist either; I am sceptical and searching.

It is rather you who has come across as insecure to me, as you are very quick to judge others and jump into conclusions whenever their viewpoints don't seem reasonable to you. If you were more self-confident you would not try to convince others about the truth of your sayings. Nor repeatedly try to characterize them, marginalize them and nag all the time their presence here.
    Anyway, this debate is dead-end it seems...
    You're right, that last line in my post was out of line and unfair. I apologise, especially because it breaks the promise I made at the beginning of this thread that I would not attack anyone who differs in their opinion from my own. The ad hominem regarding your forum handle was especially inappropriate. I apologise.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2015 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Netherlands
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    whatever
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Eckhart View Post
    It's a simple question, and I'd like to hear some answers. We've been ignoring an elephant in the room, in my opinion, and that elephant is the fact that we have a lot of leftists on this board. Is cultural leftism or cultural marxism (I do differentiate) compatible with Western or European preservation? If so, how?

I'm asking this seriously and I don't want a flame-fest. I promise not to attack any leftists who respond myself, and I want everyone else who shares my dislike of them to likewise refrain so we can have a fair and mature thread - if for nothing else just to prove it's possible.
    From an old TA invitation posted on another forum 4 years ago.

Welcome to The Apricity!

Here at The Apricity, we believe in the importance of preservation (ethnic, cultural and spiritual) of all the European peoples.

For this reason The Apricity forum will accept as members any interested persons of full European descent.

However, The Apricity forum has a Germanic and Northern European orientation.

Forum Rules

1. We reserve the right to ban anyone at any time.

2. Membership requirements

We are accepting members of full European descent, as long as interested in European preservation and respectful of the forum rules and mission statement.
    Failure to meet the membership requirements will result in a permanent ban.

3. This is a board for people of European heritage. We will not tolerate: pro-multiculturalism, pro-miscegenation, anti-Germanic or anti-Nordic views. Views, ideas, and contributions that are hostile to Europeans or their heritage are not permitted.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information