Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: North Macedonia burns Bulgarian flag - Yet again.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

It's very sad to see how badly Bulgarian-Macedonian relations detoriated. If you were smart you'd stick together, with mutual respect for each identity.
    IMO Bulgarians approach Macedonian issue with too much force, which suprises me because until recently they approached it very wisely, but also Macedonians try to force bias how they have nothing to do with Bulgarians or deny common history/roots.

Hope you sort out your issues.

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité
    Last Online
    08-24-2021 @ 02:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 36

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    It's very sad to see how badly Bulgarian-Macedonian relations detoriated. If you were smart you'd stick together, with mutual respect for each identity.
    IMO Bulgarians approach Macedonian issue with too much force, which suprises me because until recently they approached it very wisely, but also Macedonians try to force bias how they have nothing to do with Bulgarians or deny common history/roots.

Do you call "r deny common history/roots" when were under Bulgarian occupation? If not we have common "common history/roots" with the Croats too, history as part of Yugoslavia and roots as part of the Slavs. We share roots as part of the Slavs with Bulgarians but they force us to be part of the Bulgars.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaArgus1 View Post
    Do you call "r deny common history/roots" when were under Bulgarian occupation? If not we have common "common history/roots" with the Croats too, history as part of Yugoslavia and roots as part of the Slavs. We share roots as part of the Slavs with Bulgarians but they force us to be part of the Bulgars.
    I meant medieval history. Bulgarian Tzars who Macedonians rightfully count as part of their history too, but they had no Macedonian identity.
    I don't agree with Bulgarians claiming Macedonians today though, they should respect your identity.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I meant medieval history. Bulgarian Tzars who Macedonians rightfully count as part of their history too, but they had no Macedonian identity.
    I don't agree with Bulgarians claiming Macedonians today though, they should respect your identity.
    medieval history??? we were center of the Serbian Empire as well, we were part of Byzantine ruled by Macedonian king Basilius...but that has nothing to do with our identity . of course we have common history with Italians as formally called Romans..Justinian was born in Skopje as Diocletian somewhere in Dalmatia

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

medieval history??? we were center of the Serbian Empire as well, we were part of Byzantine ruled by Macedonian king Basilius...but that has nothing to do with our identity . of course we have common history with Italians as formally called Romans..Justinian was born in Skopje as Diocletian somewhat in Dalmatia
    Don't you have statues of Bulgarian Tzars and kids learn in school they were Macedonians? Correct me if wrong, maybe I read some fake news about it, who knows. But if true it's revision of history.
    Croats learn that Diocletian was Illyrian and unrelated to modern Croats.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Don't you have statues of Bulgarian Tzars and kids learn in school they were Macedonians? Correct me if wrong, maybe I read some fake news about it, who knows. But if true it's revision of history.
    Croats learn that Diocletian was Illyrian and unrelated to modern Croats.
    Tzar Samoil was part Armenian and part Berzit (I am Berzit too a Slavic tribe), he was crowned as Bulgarian Tzar but that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't Bulgar and so we .....Bulgarians ad Greeks had German Kings but that didn't make them Germans

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    West Ukraine, Siberia, Dobruja
    Country
    Poland
    Region
    Lesser Poland
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS3402
    mtDNA
    U5a2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 981
    Given: 564

0 Not allowed!

Macedonians and Bulgarians are like Ukrainians and Russians, very similiar

I'm back, angrier than ever
    Last Online
    11-19-2023 @ 06:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian with a whiff of Greek
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,414
    Given: 571

0 Not allowed!

Macedonians should just stop stealing Bulgarian history and cut the anti-Bulgarian propaganda within the country. We even did compromise as we agreed to "share" entirely Bulgarian history and call it both Macedonian and Bulgarian - an act that proves that we DO recognize a Macedonian nation in the 21th century.

The problem with Macedonians comes from the fact that their collective identity is based on people who fought for Bulgarian Macedonia (within Bulgaria or independant) and historical events which are relevant ONLY for the Bulgarian nation. For example, one of the main enemies of the IMRO were the Serbs, who occupied Vardar Macedonia, yet modern Macedonians do praise this Bulgarian organisation (but as Macedonian) as their own and at the same time they are bigger Serbs than original Serbs.

This situation leads to strong identity crisis among monkeydonians. Accepting the historical truth means destruction of the Macedonian identity, that's why you have burned Bulgarian flags for second time in North Macedonia.

Mutual respect? Why? Would Croats give part of their history and identity in the name of some friendship?
    Last edited by Archduke; 01-16-2021 at 03:43 PM.

I'm back, angrier than ever
    Last Online
    11-19-2023 @ 06:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian with a whiff of Greek
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,414
    Given: 571

0 Not allowed!

They want everyone to think that we do not respect their identity. But we do, their history begins after WW2 and they should be proud of it. The partisans and communists are the center of their identity, not Bulgarians.

They actually do not respect our identity as they claim death Bulgarian people as Macedonian.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Tzar Samoil was part Armenian and part Berzit (I am Berzit too a Slavic tribe), he was crowned as Bulgarian Tzar but that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't Bulgar and so we .....Bulgarians ad Greeks had German Kings but that didn't make them Germans
    Bulgarians don't descend from Bulgars so what's your point? He was Bulgarian mostly.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information