Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Kosovo eye colour (parliament study)

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulu View Post
    What data? I didn't see any, just your personal delusion.
    Both maps I linked to you were created from data. My map was created from a hundred or so regional studies, while XP's map was created from counting 11 thousand footballers.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 7,516

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Both maps I linked to you were created from data. My map was created from a hundred or so regional studies, while XP's map was created from counting 11 thousand footballers.
    Who is your reference for Albania? only Coon. I see you referenced Weninger with a small sample of under 100, where did he get his data? Also Schade who apparently studied east Macedonia and Krusevo. How does that represent Albania?

I am gonna repeat this for the last time, only Coon is relevant because he spent months there, not hours or days and saw thousands of people.

ALBANIA - Carleton Stevens Coon: The Mountains of Giants, The racial and cultural study of the North Albanian mountain Ghegs, 1950; Heinrich Schade - Anthropologische Untersuchungen in Ostmakedonien und Kruševo, Anthropologischer Anzeiger, 1958 (Weninger) https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post5836310

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Carleton Coon was in Albania in 1929-1930 where he carried out an anthropometric survey of 1,067 Albanians from ten regions in the north of the country, basically measuring body sizes and shapes.

http://albanianphotography.net/coon/...20and%20shapes.

Coon's wife Mary in Albania in 1929 in Albanian costume with an Albanian boy.

Last edited by Hulu; 01-16-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Who is your reference for Albania? only Coon. I see you referenced Weninger with a small sample of under 100, where did he get his data? Also Schade who apparently studied east Macedonia and Krusevo. How does that represent Albania?

ALBANIA - Carleton Stevens Coon: The Mountains of Giants, The racial and cultural study of the North Albanian mountain Ghegs, 1950; Heinrich Schade - Anthropologische Untersuchungen in Ostmakedonien und Kruševo, Anthropologischer Anzeiger, 1958 (Weninger) https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post5836310
    I am aware of both those studies and remain in my position regarding Albanian pigmentation. Coon's study on Ghegs found 89% dark hair as for eye colour the study contains an error of category "grey brown" being listed twice so we don't know the share of light eyes in that study. Blue eyes was only 6% so It can't be very high. Also TNH did a study on Albania with 300 persons or so and found 20% light eyes and 4% blond hair. Light hair was 8% not far from what Coon found.

Weninger study is much better than nothing and even with a sample size of 95 can't be very far off. It shows pure brown eyes at 64% while blue and grey ones only at 12%. This probably excludes light mixed ones so it's probably not far from 20-25% which is my view.
    Last edited by Supercomputer; 01-16-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am aware of both those studies and remain in my position regarding Albanian pigmentation. Coon's study on Ghegs found 89% dark hair as for eye colour the study contains an error of category "grey brown" being listed twice so we don't know the share of light eyes in that study. Blue eyes was only 6% so It can't be very high. Also TNH did a study on Albania with 300 persons or so and found 20% light eyes and 4% blond hair. Light hair was 8% not far from what Coon found.
    Who is TNH? And I don't know what you're rambling about given that his maps are very clear. Where do you get those excuses?

Go play amateur in other threads, don't tell me about Albania

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Who is TNH? And I don't know what you're rambling about given that his maps are very clear. Where do you get those excuses?

Go play amateur in other threads, don't tell me about Albania
    What ramblings, what excuses, my view is based on DATA. So far you haven't provided ANYTHING to contradict it. So I tell you to provide something or don't tell me about a topic I have been studying for 14 years. You sound like a child unwilling to accept the fact his nation is among the darkest ones in Europe. Albania is in Southern Europe, Albanians plot genetically in South East Europe and all studies done one them (both scientific and amateur) show them to be among the darker Europeans.

ToeKneeHwin was a forum user who did a eye and hair colour study on whole of Europe back in 2011 on some 10 thousand samples. His numbers fit surprisingly well with almost all scientific studies I collected since (only a few percent off with regards to light eyes) and his numbers for blond and light hair fit almost perfectly with XenophobicPrussian who did hair colour study in 2019. So his numbers definitely aren't made up.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Weninger study is much better than nothing and even with a sample size of 95 can't be very far off. It shows pure brown eyes at 64% while blue and grey ones only at 12%. This probably excludes light mixed ones so it's probably not far from 20-25% which is my view.
    You didnt answer my question, where did Weninger get his data, even for this small sample?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You didnt answer my question, where did Weninger get his data, even for this small sample?
    I don't have the Weninger study, just a reference to it from that Krushevo study. It doesn't matter where he got it, it matters what it shows and it shows Albanians having more than 60% brown eyes which fits very well with my Kosovo parliament numbers here as well as TNH numbers. That's how you know if the data is correct - if it fits with other studies.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I don't have the Weninger study, just a reference to it from that Krushevo study. It doesn't matter where he got it, it matters what it shows and it shows Albanians having more than 60% brown eyes which fits very well with my Kosovo parliament numbers here as well as TNH numbers. That's how you know if the data is correct - if it fits with other studies.
    Do you realize how incompetent you sound? You don't even have a source for Weninger data. And TNH a forum user, lol. You only have Coon as a legit reference and even him you are trying to misinterpret with errors which you don't reveal where you get that from. Stop wasting my time.
    Last edited by Hulu; 01-16-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Fuhrer
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )
    Ethnicity
    ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    Lord Howe Island
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,337
    Given: 685

0 Not allowed!

I think 60% of brown eyes is realistic however if in brown we count also mixed ones i would say 50% is more probable.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information