Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Politics
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Are you even aware of parasitic nature of US strength? Do you understand that to sustain this strength you robbing millions of people in other parts of the world? You pretty much copied British imperialistic colonial policy of sucking resources out of others, wrapped it into nice-looking excuses and rolling all over the world in search of someone to strip.
    You are literally word for word spewing leninism and dependency/world systems theory. When they were theorized they didn't even have much legitimacy. Now they are nothing but outdated. Let me say this in response, capitalism does not inherently work for anybody, it works for those who know how to make it work for them.

At least Soviet Union was built using exclusively internal resources.
    Yeah and look where that got them. Just one example is their disastrous food policy, they had to buy thousands of metric tones of Argentinian and other foreign produced wheat in the 70's just to fend off widespread famines.

Last Online
    06-11-2020 @ 12:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sarmatian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Wild Steppe
    Taxonomy
    Archaic Übermensch
    Politics
    Savage
    Religion
    dem boobiez
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,088
    Given: 3,785

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe McCarthy View Post
    It was expansionist and aggressive in that it was trying to spread communism, yes. Whether they were an actual military threat to the US and Western Europe is debatable. In the time of the Cold War though there were legitimate reasons to think they were. I think it's reasonable to assume that if and when an opportunity arose they would take it, as Stalin did in applying a chokehold on the 'people's democracies' in Eastern Europe.
    Surprisingly I hear Westerners all the time fussing about dangers USSR posed to their democratic world. Even more surprisingly is that some of them are still considering Russia as threat. To me it looks like some primitive neolithic man who scared of something he doesn't understand. Since for Westerners Russia is illogical and unpredictable entity that explains a lot.

All Soviet archives are open now. You can check for yourself that at least since Stalin's death (could be even earlier) USSR never considered any plans of offensive operations against West. All military programs where purely defensive.

The main purpose of forcing neighboring countries into communism was creation of buffer zone. It meant to give Soviet Army time to prepare in case of invasion.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-02-2012 @ 06:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Intergalactic
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Taxonomy
    Balto-CM/Dinarid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

0 Not allowed!

The main purpose of forcing neighboring countries into communism was creation of buffer zone. It meant to give Soviet Army time to prepare in case of invasion.
    How noble of them finally some truth coming out of your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by European Loyalist View Post
    You are literally word for word spewing leninism and dependency/world systems theory. When they were theorized they didn't even have much legitimacy. Now they are nothing but outdated. Let me say this in response, capitalism does not inherently work for anybody, it works for those who know how to make it work for them.
    Nothing surpising over here, if you'll spend some time among russians you'll realise that the russian soul is a communist one, just observe what most russian members post in this forum (exception Humanophage). Capitalism does not work for lazy bastards, some people dont like to work they wanna sit all day long and collect their pay at the end of the month.

Yeah and look where that got them. Just one example is their disastrous food policy, they had to buy thousands of metric tones of Argentinian and other foreign produced wheat in the 70's just to fend off widespread famines.
    Soviet agriculture was a disaster, taking the land away from the farmer ... pfffff what a bunch of morons.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sarmatian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Wild Steppe
    Taxonomy
    Archaic Übermensch
    Politics
    Savage
    Religion
    dem boobiez
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I don't know much about leninism or other '-isms'. I have never been fan of capitalism as well. To me its system that legalizing situation when a few cheeky bastards taking spoils of work of large numbers of honest decent folk. I see modern capitalism as form of slavery when simple everyday needs of ordinary people turned into chains absolutely invisible but stronger than any steel. You can argue people can choose where to work but to me its no more than jumping from one collar to another. People have long lost the sweet sense of Free Will.

You're right. Soviet Union was purchasing supplies from outside. But it was simple mismanagement caused by stupidity. Russia capable to provide enough food for itself and feed entire Europe at the same time.

PS I think you are exaggerating when saying 'widespread famines'. After WW2 USSR have never faced a real threat of famine.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sarmatian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Wild Steppe
    Taxonomy
    Archaic Übermensch
    Politics
    Savage
    Religion
    dem boobiez
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    How noble of them finally some truth coming out of your mouth.
    I'm always telling only truth. But my truth is not always same as someone else

Nothing surpising over here, if you'll spend some time among russians you'll realise that the russian soul is a communist one, just observe what most russian members post in this forum (exception Humanophage). Capitalism does not work for lazy bastards, some people dont like to work they wanna sit all day long and collect their pay at the end of the month.
    You have a reasons to say so. Soviet system indeed created a very specific sort of people who doesn't want to take responsibility for their own lives but rather prefer someone to tell them where to go and what to do. But younger generations are not like that. Even in my generation who was born and grew up in USSR there are lot of people willing to work hard for proper reward.

Soviet agriculture was a disaster, taking the land away from the farmer ... pfffff what a bunch of morons.
    I don't think its fair to call it disaster. Soviet agriculture was quite effective. But management was terrible.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-02-2012 @ 06:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Intergalactic
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Taxonomy
    Balto-CM/Dinarid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

0 Not allowed!

You have a reasons to say so. Soviet system indeed created a very specific sort of people who doesn't want to take responsibility for their own lives but rather prefer someone to tell them where to go and what to do. But younger generations are not like that. Even in my generation who was born and grew up in USSR there are lot of people willing to work hard for proper reward.
    Naturally, that is the case for most post-communist states. Russia is a country with huge potential (what is more important human potential and I dont mean the quantity but the quality). All that russians need to do is forget their communistic ways and build a future for themselves and let others build theirs. You know, live and let live

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread Information