Great Britain
    Region
    Somerset
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,662
    Given: 2,021

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Watersater79 View Post
    I guess the late Johan Cruyff is a good example of a distinctive Dutch face; a mix of Keltic Nordid & Faelid (to my eyes). Too much 'Keltic' admixture to pass as German, and too Faelid influenced to pass as English.
    Dirk Kuyt, despite the Keltic influence, looks distinctly Dutch imo

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,581
    Given: 29,041

2 Not allowed!

Most of the Surrey examples look like an Isles population to me the only exception would be the picture above. The tall boy at the back looks Isles to me but the others I think could pass in the Benelux or Northern France.

Ascended into a higher realm
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,201
    Given: 58,972

1 Not allowed!

I think going by the pictures that they look closer to Scotland
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]

Hm he has mastered chakra...can he do romjutsu... - Balkanforum user Floki
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 09:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Brittonic
    Ethnicity
    English and 3/16th Welsh
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    R-S660
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 6

5 Not allowed!

As someone from Surrey, you have to bear in mind that many people, especially children/teenagers are of a wide range of ethnicities. Majority of people who I went to school with including myself had ancestry that came from elsewhere than southern England. Many adults who live in Surrey and send their kids to school in Surrey or did, originally came from London, and then moved out of the city when they got older and wanted children (many still work there and commute in). And these people from London tend to have backgrounds from all across Europe.
    These included, friends of French, Belgian, Polish, Italian, Turkish and European american descent. Of course many others had ancestry from other places in Britain and Ireland.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,666
    Given: 5,623

1 Not allowed!

They don't pass at all in France.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Europe is fake, european race doesn't exist, it's just a conglomeration of retardeds from their own land.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 09:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Med
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,629
    Given: 10,189

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post

Most of the Surrey examples look like an Isles population to me the only exception would be the picture above. The tall boy at the back looks Isles to me but the others I think could pass in the Benelux or Northern France.
    +1 I was thinking the same

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,444
    Given: 5,765

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AngloEd View Post
    As someone from Surrey, you have to bear in mind that many people, especially children/teenagers are of a wide range of ethnicities. Majority of people who I went to school with including myself had ancestry that came from elsewhere than southern England. Many adults who live in Surrey and send their kids to school in Surrey or did, originally came from London, and then moved out of the city when they got older and wanted children (many still work there and commute in). And these people from London tend to have backgrounds from all across Europe.
    These included, friends of French, Belgian, Polish, Italian, Turkish and European american descent. Of course many others had ancestry from other places in Britain and Ireland.
    Depends on the part of Surrey, most areas of Surrey are very much White British, this is reflected in the fact that in the 2011 census the main towns i took these pictures from such as Godalming, Farnborough and Guildford scored between 80-90% W British. The majority of names in Surrey schools are British names. Do these Kentish students look different to you? https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...74#post7259574

Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 09:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Brittonic
    Ethnicity
    English and 3/16th Welsh
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    R-S660
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 6

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Depends on the part of Surrey, most areas of Surrey are very much White British, this is reflected in the fact that in the 2011 census the main towns i took these pictures from such as Godalming, Farnborough and Guildford scored between 80-90% W British. The majority of names in Surrey schools are British names. Do these Kentish students look different to you? https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...74#post7259574
    That is certainly true, coming from that area you took the pictures, about 95% of the surnames at the school I went to 10 years ago where of British and Irish origin. I just wanted to contribute to say that many of those would have ancestry from all across Britain and Ireland, and also Europe, so its difficult to get an accurate representation of an average southern English phenotype from these photos. Albeit, you can get a rough sense of what someone with all south English ancestry looks like from these photos (due to it being the most prevalent).
    I will say that I have noticed growing up in surrey that south English teenagers are very likely to have medium brown hair, and eye colour does seem slightly darker than places further north in England. As shown in the Kent students as well.
    I do think that south English people do look much more continental looking than northerners and Scottish people. But the people from Normandy look different to people from south England, and only a few of those in the photos from Normandy could blend in. So people from Surrey look closer to Scots than French.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,444
    Given: 5,765

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AngloEd View Post
    That is certainly true, coming from that area you took the pictures, about 95% of the surnames at the school I went to 10 years ago where of British and Irish origin. I just wanted to contribute to say that many of those would have ancestry from all across Britain and Ireland, and also Europe, so its difficult to get an accurate representation of an average southern English phenotype from these photos. Albeit, you can get a rough sense of what someone with all south English ancestry looks like from these photos (due to it being the most prevalent).
    I will say that I have noticed growing up in surrey that south English teenagers are very likely to have medium brown hair, and eye colour does seem slightly darker than places further north in England. As shown in the Kent students as well.
    I do think that south English people do look much more continental looking than northerners and Scottish people. But the people from Normandy look different to people from south England, and only a few of those in the photos from Normandy could blend in. So people from Surrey look closer to Scots than French.
    Thanks for your contribution, I think that you will certainly see more pan British ancestry in Surrey than in say Cumbria but the bulk of it is still from the south and west, a lot of people of Welsh descent too. Surrey is still a hotseat of the landed gentry and most of those are southern English in origin so you could say that a lot of movement into Surrey has been more from other parts of the South and London in general and there was never a mass movement of people from the North. as someone with a more brunet complexion i do feel far more out of place in the North than in the South, brown eyes are more common here and freckled types are not as common, French people do have shorter heads and faces which does make them look different i agree.

Like Longbowman, but white Rudel's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-24-2021 @ 03:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Français
    Country
    France
    Region
    Limousin
    Y-DNA
    I-Z58
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,037
    Given: 1,861

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    I think that you're exactly right. There are many Germans, who share the Anglo-Saxons' homeland, in the Midwest. I should add that there are some people, in the photos, who have more of a British vibe than a Continental vibe. The majority don't have "I'm British" in bright and flashing lights, though.
    Maybe it's habit, but to me Brits and Germans look nothing alike. I couldn't mistake those people for Germans, albeit clothing plays a role as well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information