Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USA HISPANICS Florida Hispanics vs Southwest hispanics 23andme experiment

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    Do you know how euro are the Dominicans in Miami? They seem segregated from what I've seen. Some look regular but others very euro or a bit more SSA. It's confusing me really. I will travel there next year hopefully.
    Based on my experience with Peruvians in the US most are from the coastal areas especially Lima the city. The vast majority are more or less in the Middle Class. What has been your experience with Peruvians you’ve seen so far ? Would you say the overwhelming majority of us are like Guatemalans and Central Americans in terms of being Indio Mestizos or equally balanced

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Italicus View Post
    Could you do hispanic 23andme result barplots by country of origin? I know most Cubans are 80 to 100 percent Euro, but it would be interesting to see the results for Puerto Ricans and Colombians in Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    Do you know how euro are the Dominicans in Miami? They seem segregated from what I've seen. Some look regular but others very euro or a bit more SSA. It's confusing me really. I will travel there next year hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Italicus View Post
    Could you do a barplot with Colombian samples?

I Forgot to answer this.

I cannot make Colombian or dominican boxplots because erronkari has very few cousins from those countries. Not enough to make something reasonable

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 06:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Ethnicity
    Mexican Mestizo
    Ancestry
    Mexico
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Politics
    Center-Right
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,874
    Given: 12,909

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    I Forgot to answer this.

I cannot make Colombian or dominican boxplots because erronkari has very few cousins from those countries. Not enough to make something reasonable
    I would of expected Erronkari to have plenty of Colombian relatives since their is alot Basque ancestry in Colombia.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I remembered another study where they tested latinos from Florida.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post6975746

Here i compared erronkari 23andme cousins from florida vs the results from the actual study where they tested miami hispanics

The boxplots are almost identical. The median is identical.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RMuller View Post
    I would of expected Erronkari to have plenty of Colombian relatives since their is alot Basque ancestry in Colombia.
    he mostly shares with americans, mexicans, puerto ricans and basques

Last Online
    09-05-2022 @ 03:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    southern euro
    Ethnicity
    latin
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Based on my experience with Peruvians in the US most are from the coastal areas especially Lima the city. The vast majority are more or less in the Middle Class. What has been your experience with Peruvians you’ve seen so far ? Would you say the overwhelming majority of us are like Guatemalans and Central Americans in terms of being Indio Mestizos or equally balanced
    I can only talk about the ones I have bumped into in south florida but most seem to be euro mestizos at least in this region. I've even met a black peruvian who was a mechanic. Miami peruvians seem to be leaning more to the euro side, in fact It seems to happen with every South American group living in South florida. This is not the case with central Americans and Mexicans which are more indomestizo and amerindians and all concentrated in the homestead and Florida city areas of miami dade County, which are in the southern most part of the county before heading into the keys. This area has a lot of farmland.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-08-2022 @ 02:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Central American
    Ancestry
    Salvadoran-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 235

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by liveforthenight View Post
    I can only talk about the ones I have bumped into in south florida but most seem to be euro mestizos at least in this region. I've even met a black peruvian who was a mechanic. Miami peruvians seem to be leaning more to the euro side, in fact It seems to happen with every South American group living in South florida. This is not the case with central Americans and Mexicans which are more indomestizo and amerindians and all concentrated in the homestead and Florida city areas of miami dade County, which are in the southern most part of the county before heading into the keys. This area has a lot of farmland.
    what central americans? most are nicaraguans and guatemalans... salvadorans hardly live out there in florida

Banned
    Last Online
    05-08-2022 @ 02:57 AM
    Ethnicity
    Central American
    Ancestry
    Salvadoran-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 235

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Not to mention east coast has a higher percentage of people from countries like Colombia and Ecuador living in New York, I guess Caribeños and South Americans are overall more European then Mexicans and Central Americans in the West Coast. But it’s skewed in favor for caribeños mainly and upper class Latin Americans in Florida. Puerto Rican’s and Cubans being the majority in these areas is mostly likely the case. In the southwest many near full amerindians and Indio mestizos contribute to those areas being Harnizo on average then strictly near close to Castizo.
    I think the NYC numbers are majority Puerto Ricans... other than them... no one else is whiter than the average Western Hispanic... Salvadorans are more euro than Ecuadorians for example... western guatemalans and nyc mexicans are about the same? not sure... i dont know how colombians score compared to mexicans out here... but look at Arizona which is mainly mexican and its 69% European, while New York is 69% European... if ecuadorans, colombians, dominicans were whiter then the average would be much higher... you guys bring it down for Puerto Ricans.. same way other groups bring it down for Cubans in Florida... I wish that graph broke it down by nationalities... I want to see what the average salvi american scores

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Norway12 View Post
    I think the NYC numbers are majority Puerto Ricans... other than them... no one else is whiter than the average Western Hispanic... Salvadorans are more euro than Ecuadorians for example... western guatemalans and nyc mexicans are about the same? not sure... i dont know how colombians score compared to mexicans out here... but look at Arizona which is mainly mexican and its 69% European, while New York is 69% European... if ecuadorans, colombians, dominicans were whiter then the average would be much higher... you guys bring it down for Puerto Ricans.. same way other groups bring it down for Cubans in Florida... I wish that graph broke it down by nationalities... I want to see what the average salvi american scores
    I’d say Dominicans more likely bring it down a notch along with Central Americans and Ecuadorians since New York is 15% SSA and 8% Native American and its most likely coming from these groups with the minor SSA and NA ancestry in Puerto Rican’s.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Norway12 View Post
    You can check the 23andme prediction ancestry tool, it’s based on samples most likely done in United States, just put all grandparents for maternal and paternal from the same country and it should give you an exact percentage of what the average genetic make up is for the people with those ancestries in America

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information