Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DO YOU PREFER DOMINICAN OR HAITAIN IMMIGRANTS>?

Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 11:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New World Black
    Ethnicity
    Afro-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 423
    Given: 83

2 Not allowed!

From a U.S. perspective(in a state where both are really common), I'm cool with both tbh.

I'd say Haitians do a considerably better job avoiding a lot of social ills and taking their education very seriously. I know many who go to good schools and become quite successful and middle class, especially in the medical field. Personality wise, they come off chill and humble.too whereas us AA's and Jamaicans can come off more abrasive and cocky.

Dominicans do pretty okay but their communities seem to get plagued with more social ills(street gangs, drugs, poverty) and many don't do that well in school. But they do really well with small businesses(bodegas, barbershops, auto repair, etc.) and trades. Personality wise, I find them easy going and funny.

I'd say I prefer Haitians by a slight margin but I'm also pred. SSA and half Louisiana Creole so that's a given. But I find Dominicans cool too.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    63.08% Eurasian, 28.75% SSA, 8.18% Amerind
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Pedro Santana, Joaquin Balaguer
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,913
    Given: 4,655

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by time67 View Post
    From a U.S. perspective(in a state where both are really common), I'm cool with both tbh.

I'd say Haitians do a considerably better job avoiding a lot of social ills and taking their education very seriously. I know many who go to good schools and become quite successful and middle class, especially in the medical field. Personality wise, they come off chill and humble.too whereas us AA's and Jamaicans can come off more abrasive and cocky.

Dominicans do pretty okay but their communities seem to get plagued with more social ills(street gangs, drugs, poverty) and many don't do that well in school. But they do really well with small businesses(bodegas, barbershops, auto repair, etc.) and trades. Personality wise, I find them easy going and funny.

I'd say I prefer Haitians by a slight margin but I'm also pred. SSA and half Louisiana Creole so that's a given. But I find Dominicans cool too.
    I don't have anything against your post (in fact, I applaud your honesty), but I have always found it funny how your peeps, for all their virtue signaling about being cool with the Haitians and such, won't go to the Haitian part of the island to vacation, not even if the ticket was free. As such, they rather come here to the where us, big bad racist Domies are, hmmm.

The other thing that calls my attention, is that despite what this idiot shitcano says about us supposedly being more shitty immigrants, the US consulates on the island actually grant more residence visas to Domies than they do to Haitians, which hardly corresponds with the image he and the other Chilindio are giving of us here.
    "My name is The Patriot, my fatherland is Santo Domingo, my condition is Citizen, my religion is the love of truth and justice, and my occupations are to boldly attack vice and loudly praise virtue".

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-07-2024 @ 10:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Panamanian
    Ethnicity
    Mulato Colonial
    Ancestry
    Canarian Islanders, West African, Panamanian Natives
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    E-M78
    mtDNA
    A2
    Taxonomy
    Pardo: Atlanto Med + minor Berid + Sudanid + residual Centralid
    Politics
    Right wing populism
    Hero
    General Pinochet, General Torrijos, Donald Trump
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,300
    Given: 5,666

0 Not allowed!

These haitians must he from middle and upper class
    A favor de la Unión del Caribe Hispano: Cuba, República Dominicana, Puerto Rico y Panamá

Mi mapa de Ancestros hace 4500 años atras

Como buen panameño tengo: genetica española, aborigen guanche, judia sefardita, amerindia y negra lo unico exotico
    es el asiatico oriental debido a un bisabuelo chino

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by axel.aleman View Post
    These haitians must he from middle and upper class
    They certainly are in Canada, but I think in the US it is a mixed case like us, only that the places are inverted: NY is where the higher class of Haitians are located (almost elite level), while in Florida the rabble is located. With us the equation is inverse.
    "My name is The Patriot, my fatherland is Santo Domingo, my condition is Citizen, my religion is the love of truth and justice, and my occupations are to boldly attack vice and loudly praise virtue".

Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:50 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aztec
    Ethnicity
    Mexican
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    WTF!!!
    mtDNA
    WTF!!!
    Taxonomy
    Depijmented indijena
    Religion
    Hail Satanas
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,313
    Given: 1,960

3 Not allowed!

Neither of them

Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 11:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New World Black
    Ethnicity
    Afro-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 423
    Given: 83

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andullero View Post
    I don't have anything against your post (in fact, I applaud your honesty), but I have always found it funny how your peeps, for all their virtue signaling about being cool with the Haitians and such, won't go to the Haitian part of the island to vacation, not even if the ticket was free. As such, they rather come here to the where us, big bad racist Domies are, hmmm.

The other thing that calls my attention, is that despite what this idiot shitcano says about us supposedly being more shitty immigrants, the US consulates on the island actually grant more residence visas to Domies than they do to Haitians, which hardly corresponds with the image he and the other Chilindio are giving of us here.
    Oh yeah...There's no doubt the DR is in a much better shape than Haiti by every metric. That's undeniable.

I was just comparing the immigrants here in the States.

And you can blame SilverKnight for the last paragraph. He was trolling Mexicans a lot and now he's the one getting trolled and Dominicans as a whole are getting dragged cause of this for better or worse.

Similar thing happened to Peruvians when The Truth started riling up some people and you saw a barrage of anti-Peruvian threads.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Oh yeah...There's no doubt the DR is in a much better shape than Haiti by every metric. That's undeniable.

And you can blame SilverKnight for the last paragraph. He was trolling Mexicans a lot and now he's the one getting trolled and Dominicans as a whole are getting dragged cause of this for better or worse.

Similar thing happened to Peruvians when The Truth started riling up some people and you saw a barrage of anti-Peruvian threads.
    Yeah, I am aware of it, and have berated him accordingly. That's why I am careful with only individualizing my responses to La Mula, Raptor and Zuh instead of extending it to all Mexis (or Chileans, in the case of Raptor). Notice how Aredhel gave her opinion without piling shit on us, or HelloGuys would if he were here.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-07-2024 @ 10:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Panamanian
    Ethnicity
    Mulato Colonial
    Ancestry
    Canarian Islanders, West African, Panamanian Natives
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    E-M78
    mtDNA
    A2
    Taxonomy
    Pardo: Atlanto Med + minor Berid + Sudanid + residual Centralid
    Politics
    Right wing populism
    Hero
    General Pinochet, General Torrijos, Donald Trump
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,300
    Given: 5,666

0 Not allowed!

Ignore Thetruth, and ingnore Silverknight fool behavior
    A favor de la Unión del Caribe Hispano: Cuba, República Dominicana, Puerto Rico y Panamá

Mi mapa de Ancestros hace 4500 años atras

Como buen panameño tengo: genetica española, aborigen guanche, judia sefardita, amerindia y negra lo unico exotico
    es el asiatico oriental debido a un bisabuelo chino

Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 02:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Portuguese (North and Azores) Italian (Veneto) Native and SSA minor
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Sao Paulo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,745
    Given: 749

0 Not allowed!

I have no opinion on that, because there are no Dominicans here. But there are many Hatians, and what I can say about them is that Haitians are generally a hardworking and humble people, there is no problem with them. The only thing I might not like about them is that their Portuguese is usually horrible.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Ancestry
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Taxonomy
    Pardo
    Hero
    Religion
    Catholicism
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I have no opinion on that, because there are no Dominicans here. But there are many Hatians, and what I can say about them is that Haitians are generally a hardworking and humble people, there is no problem with them. The only thing I might not like about them is that their Portuguese is usually horrible.
    To be perfectly honest with you, I would prefer if my people were not to emigrate as much, specially since we aren't exactly the majority here on this island. If our case were similar to the one of Cubans, Ricans or Jamaicans, where they have their islands for themselves, then it would be another story.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information