atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,519
    Given: 9,857

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    Can you give an example of an English person with the catty eyed look?
    I saw many faces looking like versions of actress Lara Flynn Boyle (that type of eyes, pigmentation, delicate features). A version of this type of look is also typical among light French and some Southern Germans (Patricia Kaas would be a good example) which makes me assume it's Keltic inheritance (a derivation of Corded type).

In relation to attractiveness, I've noticed Germanic looking women/men to be taller and hotter (better bodies, better faces) while Keltic looking ones tend to be a bit shorter, much less blond and with nastier bodies. I saw a lot of better looking women in France (among natives and Maghrebis) to be honest (maybe also because of higher morals thanks to... Muslim infusion)

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2022 @ 03:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Catalan
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 10

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aherne View Post
    In relation to attractiveness, I've noticed Germanic looking women/men to be taller and hotter (better bodies, better faces) while Keltic looking ones tend to be a bit shorter, much less blond and with nastier bodies. I saw a lot of better looking women in France (among natives and Maghrebis) to be honest (maybe also because of higher morals thanks to... Muslim infusion)
    I know well those fridge bodies...
    One thing that makes England/UK stand out among other northern European countries is that it has a large proportion of low class natives, which for example Germany, France or Sweden don't, hence the "rustic" individuals who can't take care of themselves.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2022 @ 01:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5

1 Not allowed!

It's exaggerated how dangerous it is according to a Brazilian friend of mine. I mean you might see people get stabbed and stuff like that but it's not even remotely as dangerous as Brazil.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2022 @ 01:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5

1 Not allowed!

For Italy I can say people were not as dark as stereotyped and the difference between the North and South is extremely exaggerated I'd say except for maybe the Islands which I didn't get to visit. But I was in Bari and Milano and the difference between people wasn't much neither much in height nor in pigmentation. Italy though has also a lot of foreigners but there are stereotypical Italian faces one recognizes.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,436
    Given: 5,752

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by aherne View Post
    I saw many faces looking like versions of actress Lara Flynn Boyle (that type of eyes, pigmentation, delicate features). A version of this type of look is also typical among light French and some Southern Germans (Patricia Kaas would be a good example) which makes me assume it's Keltic inheritance (a derivation of Corded type).

Thanks, yeah that sort of woman is very typical here -Lara Flynn Boyle. French girls have more delicate facial features which i suppose makes them more attractive though when i visited Lille for a day trip where there are lots of ethnic French i did not find the women especially better looking compared to your typical British cities or London though the style was much better and also less very unattractive women.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly something
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,606
    Given: 48,334

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arkas View Post
    Interesting.

Here I found an ethnic map of London, with each dot representing 10 people of that ancestry. I think London is a lot more diverse than the rest of the UK though.
    Interesting how the closer to the centre the denser become yellow dots representing white non-Brits.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Interesting how the closer to the centre the denser become yellow dots representing white non-Brits.
    Depending on the area, they are either (a) low-income neighbourhoods with large numbers of Eastern Euros and to a lesser extent Southern Euros or (b) very wealthy neighbourhoods in or near financial districts filled with bankers/businesspeople/stockbrokers from across the Western world.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,566
    Given: 29,023

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    It would be an exaggeration to say that an absolute majority of England's white working-class is of Irish origin, but a lot are for sure. In Wales too, whenever I post criminals and most-wanted suspects from WalesOnline, I am always taken aback by the number of Irish surnames.
    There is also this.

But for Chinese, Indian and white Irish people, average earnings exceed those of the white British, with the Irish being the best paid of all.

Research showed the white Irish earning 41 per cent more than the white British. The equivalent figures for the Chinese and Indian populations were 23 per cent and 15 per cent, respectively.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...inds-1.4527558

The biggest gaps were between Pakistani workers (£10.55 per hour) and white British (£12.49 per hour), while white Irish workers earned £17.55 per hour on average.
    https://news.knowledia.com/GB/en/art...5efc9f40a33622

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

0 Not allowed!

Interdasting.... de "Angleses" [cue drum roll here] are going back to their Anglo-Saxon roots! >:-o
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 11:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-Z17855)
    mtDNA
    R30
    Politics
    Where the wind blows
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of Sikeliot our saviour!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,186
    Given: 3,169

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Depending on the area, they are either (a) low-income neighbourhoods with large numbers of Eastern Euros and to a lesser extent Southern Euros or (b) very wealthy neighbourhoods in or near financial districts filled with bankers/businesspeople/stockbrokers from across the Western world.
    Are there many Greeks in Britain? Also curious, are there many Indian Christians in Britain? Like Malayalis, Mangaloreans, Goans etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information