PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Russophobic and Russophile countries in Europe - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Russophobic and Russophile countries in Europe

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,386
    Given: 31,176

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    China would needed to create some colonies alas it has not happened.
    China has many unofficial colonies in the west.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Inselaffe
    Country
    New Zealand
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    mtDNA
    HV18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,648
    Given: 10,376

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    China has many unofficial colonies in the west.
    We all have these wasp nests within our cities today. Especially Euro-peopled nations on the Pacific rim.

Diversity is a strength!
    Nine out of ten concerns are completely unfounded.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,386
    Given: 31,176

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Yesno View Post
    We all have these wasp nests within our cities today. Especially Euro-peopled nations on the Pacific rim.

Diversity is a strength!
    You should come visit Hongcouver, Chinada. Ayetooey was in Toronto and he thought he was in China.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ooops View Post
    How can we say that Greece is closer to Russia than for example Bulgaria?

Greece is not pro-Russian. Greece has send arms and humanitarian aid to Ukraine and the port of Alexandroupoli is continuously used for transfering NATO equipment and personal to East Europe. Greece declared 12 members of Russia's diplomatic and consular missions in the country persona non grata.

There has always been a rivalry between the Greek and Russian churches. Apparently, the Eastern Orthodox patriarchs of Moscow and Constantinople are in a schism.

Greeks see Russia as a Turkish ally (tourism and geopolitics). It is true that Greeks often start families with Russians, but that is because of the Russian beauty.
    Lol, it’s the Turks that start families with Russians. I know of no Greek who have started family with a Russian. I’m sure there some, out there somewhere, I just have never come across any. It’s a lot more common to see Greek-Bulgarian or Albanian-Bulgarian couples than Greek-Russian ones.

I know of an Ukrainian-Greek couple, who used to be my neighbours. I didn’t even know that she was Ukrainian, as she spoke exceptionally fluent Greek. She was married to a young handsome guy of similar age but is more common for 40+ year old Greek guys to marry younger Ukrainians in their 20’s and that makes a bad impression on people.

I having a discussion with her last year, and me, about St.Petersburg, which a friend of mine had recently visited. She was almost upset whenever I said anything nice about Russia. She was talking back about how everything was expensive in Russia and the relative higher wages do not correspond to the living standards. Everything about Russia was terrible.

At the time I was surprised why she would talk bad about Russia. Until then I believed Ukrainians view Russians in the same way we view Cypriots.. It was the first time I became aware that Ukrainians view themselves as a separate entity.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,480
    Given: 13,196

0 Not allowed!

You should come visit Hongcouver, Chinada. Ayetooey was in Toronto and he thought he was in China.
    Great tip.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by fb23 View Post
    Why should Kosovar Albanians be anti-Greek just because you people had beef with Greeks before regarding the whole Epirus thing then (Although it's nothing like the conflicts with Slavs), But Greece laid claim to Southern Albania and expelled Cham Muslims out of Epirus etc.. (Just like they expelled Muslim Greeks and others to Turkey when they had a population exchange with Turkey and took in Anatolian Orthodox Christians) Although there were Greeks who opposed the expulsion of Muslim Albanians, claiming they were different from other Muslims. There was also genocide on the Chams, committed by a guy who ionically was of Orthodox Albanian origin apparently. (Southern Albania and Greece had a lot of Vlachs also, some Aromanian nationalists, some pro-Greek, some pro-Albanian). Many Kosovar Albanians have been brainwashed to dislike Greeks for this reason. Told some friends I wanted to go to Greece and they told me I shouldn't because they hate Albanians. It's sad people from Kosovo have been brainwashed by the Grecophobia that comes from Albania since you only seem to care about what affects you. I guess it's none of Kosovo's problem

We of course also have the Albanians in Macedonia and the Albanians in Montenegro who are being oppressed by nationalist Serbs. And Albanians I identify with much more than the ones in Albania.
    The Chams were expelled from Greece because they acted treacherous and corroborated with the Nazis. They commited war crimes against Greeks, collaborated with the enemy and lost. That's the luck of the draw. Their fate is something like that of the Sudeten Germans, although the numbers are way smaller. The Chams, lived in Thesprotia and elswehere among the Epirote Greeks. BTW, it's been called Thesprotia in the Greek language at least since Homer (ca. 750 BC) (see e.g. Odyssey 14.315).

Spoiler!

Greece was never ”Southern” Albania. It is what is now Southern Albania that used to be Greece. Remember it was the Greeks that liberated Southern Albania i.e Northern Epirus from the Turks. The founder of Albania, Ismail Kemal recognized Southern Albania as Greece: [img] https://translate.google.com/website...E%9A%CE%97.jpg[/img]

but the Italians fearing a Greek domination in the Adriadic, objected to Southern Albania being ceded to Greece, and threatened Greece with ceding the Dodecanese to the Turks. So Southern Albania was given to Albania despite having an overwelmingly Greek population.

The Sorrows of Epirus: https://archive.org/details/sorrowso...l&view=theater

The Autonomous Republic of Northern Epirus was given to Albania under condition Albania would respect its autonomous status, as it was agreed in the protocol of Corfu.

In May, the autonomy was confirmed by the Great Powers with the Protocol of Corfu. The agreement ensured that the region would have its own administration, recognized the rights of the local population and provided for self-government under nominal Albanian sovereignty. However, it was never fully implemented because in September the Albanian government collapsed. The Greek Army reoccupied the area in October 1914 following the outbreak of World War I. It was planned that Northern Epirus would be ceded to Greece following the war, but the withdrawal of Italian support and Greece's defeat in the Asia Minor Campaign resulted in its final cession to Albania in November 1921.[3
    (Just like they expelled Muslim Greeks and others to Turkey when they had a population exchange with Turkey and took in Anatolian Orthodox Christians) Although there were Greeks who opposed the expulsion of Muslim Albanians, claiming they were different from other Muslims.
    Greece was faced with a Turkish ultimatum.

If Greece had not agreed to the so-called population exchange, Ataturk was have physically exterminated every Greek left in Asia-Minor. Already half a million had perished. The only *GREEK* Orthodox ”Anatolians” were the Pontian Greeks. Greek Orthodoxy was only practiced by ethnic Greeks. The Ecumenical Patriarch was the patriarch of all the Greeks. Other denominations such as the Armenians, Assyrians, Bulgarians, Russians and Serbs had their own patriarchs and denominates.

The definition of a Greek was someone who worshiped the Gods of Olympus as their ancestral Gods by their Greek names and when Christianity replaced the Hellenic religion, it was anyone who was baptised, born or married within the Greek Orthodox church. The Greek Orthodox Church preserved the Greek language and folkore by teaching them to Greeks. That’s what Greek Orthodoxity is about: remembering you are Greek.
    Last edited by wvwvw; 05-11-2022 at 03:44 AM.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,318
    Given: 9,884

0 Not allowed!

Hungary is not russophobic, its nonsense. I see pro-russian comments and opinions everywhere. I also doubt that Bulgaria is russophobic.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Hungary is not russophobic, its nonsense. I see pro-russian comments and opinions everywhere. I also doubt that Bulgaria is russophobic.
    I thought so too, but almost any Bulgarian poster on Apricity come across as rapid anti-Russian.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    3:28
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,920
    Given: 1,564

1 Not allowed!

The current Greek administration is indeed very pro-NATO and eager to act as an obedient little stooge against Russia but the popular sentiment is the exact opposite.

Even if people are not openly pro-Russian (which they are, especially in Northern Greece where the majority of ex-Soviet Pontics are), the majority is at the very least of the opinion that the country should stay out of this conflict/sanctions entirely.

This dichotomy is obvious to the foreign elements (Ukrainian tweets and German articles already throwing jabs at Greece) and will inevitably lead to the collapse of the current government in the next elections.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    American-
    Ancestry
    Anglo/Slavic
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,406
    Given: 1,560

0 Not allowed!

San Francisco and Seattle too.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information