Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honest opinion: Do you think I've wasted my life?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,031
    Given: 10,300

0 Not allowed!

Default Honest opinion: Do you think I've wasted my life?

Okay, so in my 40s my life is pretty much half over. I decided that I made a lot of mistakes. However, what I did was I put myself out there and pursued my music, which even though I flopped, I tremendously improved my innate skills and my craft. I ignored my love life and pursuit of females when I was younger. This makes me feel I missed out. However, I might have missed opportunities had I gotten involved with females when I was younger. So far, I have written over 300 songs. I did get to play a small part as a featured extra in a Hollywood film. I got to sing at America's Polo Cup and toured Nashville. I was a hit for awhile with Hipsters. Most of my 20s and 30s were spent on singing in small clubs and coffee shops with my band. When I was 17 years old I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. The way I look at it, God's Kingdom comes first over relationships and career.

However, I did spend a lot of my early days on the internet posting on forums like this one and arguing with people. I mad a lot of enemies that way. That is one of my main regrets.

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No idea
    Ethnicity
    Unknown British Isles, white
    Ancestry
    Scots, Irish, Welsh, French according to family history.
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Nonreligious
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 93

3 Not allowed!

Well, so far you haven’t done as much as you should have, but you’ve gotten a ton of good advice on how to get things on track, both here and on your own site. It boils down to this: Get a full time job so you can be independent, get seriously involved with your church (the volunteer programs in particular), stop posting so much online. See a cognitive therapist to help you stop obsessing over things you can’t do anything about, like race and ethnicity. Don’t stop the music, but don’t rely on it to pay the bills.

Don’t focus on what you haven’t done, but what you can do from now on. You probably have another 50 years left, 40 isn’t old anymore.

PS: Cognitive therapy is not drugs or Freudian weirdness, it’s practical solid common sense techniques for recognizing and stopping patterns of thought that are making you unhappy. It’s more coaching than anything else. Lots of Christian therapists use it. I’ve done it and it works.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    Do you think I've wasted my life?
    Obviously yes.

Okay, so in my 40s my life is pretty much half over. I decided that I made a lot of mistakes. I ignored my love life and pursuit of females when I was younger. This makes me feel I missed out. However, I did spend a lot of my early days on the internet posting on forums like this one and arguing with people. I made a lot of enemies that way.
    Then get off. You can either continue wasting your life by posting, or save your time by trying not to post, your pick. If you browse boards that involve trolling and wasting your life hours at a time, you are failing. Maybe back in 1998, but especially now in your 40's there is simply no excuse. Nobody cares about your existence or problems and I see no point in wasting anymore of your time on the Internet.

I'm sure you could find a much better paying job in real life and lose the constant stress and harassment you get here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,997
    Given: 12,783

1 Not allowed!

Okay, so in my 40s my life is pretty much half over.
    With that negative attitude, you'll go nowhere.

I decided that I made a lot of mistakes. However, what I did was I put myself out there and pursued my music, which even though I flopped, I tremendously improved my innate skills and my craft. I ignored my love life and pursuit of females when I was younger. This makes me feel I missed out. However, I might have missed opportunities had I gotten involved with females when I was younger.
    You were never going to have a real relationship with a woman and so I don't know why you waste energy thinking about it.

As for your music, it's obvious your music wasn't going to attract a wide audience. It's a niche within a niche. However, would you have been happier working in a cubicle or a warehouse? I doubt it.

So far, I have written over 300 songs. I did get to play a small part as a featured extra in a Hollywood film. I got to sing at America's Polo Cup and toured Nashville. I was a hit for awhile with Hipsters. Most of my 20s and 30s were spent on singing in small clubs and coffee shops with my band. When I was 17 years old I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. The way I look at it, God's Kingdom comes first over relationships and career.
    You pretty much made the only choice you could have made as someone who does have musical talent but also has a number of issues.

However, I did spend a lot of my early days on the internet posting on forums like this one and arguing with people. I mad a lot of enemies that way. That is one of my main regrets.
    Your early years are when you work on your craft. You can't have those years back. What you can do is follow the advice that I've already given: become a street performer. They make a killing and it's all in cash and so you can hide most of it from the rapacious taxman. You're too old to start a career. So work with what you have, which is what you love, and go make that money, dude.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,529
    Given: 6,482

4 Not allowed!

I'm done with this. You just care about yourself, so maybe practice what you whine.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,529
    Given: 6,482

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Then get off. You can either continue wasting your life by posting, or save your time by trying not to post, your pick. If you browse boards that involve trolling and wasting your life hours at a time, you are failing. Maybe back in 1998, but especially now in your 40's there is simply no excuse. Nobody cares about your existence or problems and I see no point in wasting anymore of your time on the Internet.
    Oh, the irony! Oh, the projection!

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

11 Not allowed!

Yes. But we all 'waste' parts of our lives. Striking a perfect balance between work and play is impossible. You tried to make it as a musician and you didn't get there. Sure, it could be if you'd played your cards differently you might have had more success (or not, I simply don't know) but either way you tried, and you'd hate yourself for not having tried had you not tried. I do not disrespect you for trying this.

However, you have absolutely and empirically wasted your social life. By not making real friendships or pursuing relationships and arrogantly expecting the mountain to come to Mohammad you have not only not got any friends or a girlfriend but you have retarded the limited social skills you had when you started making these shitty decisions, presumably after school.

Now you get to decide if the next 25 years are going to be the same as the last 25.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,997
    Given: 12,783

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Yes. But we all 'waste' parts of our lives. Striking a perfect balance between work and play is impossible. You tried to make it as a musician and you didn't get there. Sure, it could be if you'd played your cards differently you might have had more success (or not, I simply don't know) but either way you tried, and you'd hate yourself for not having tried had you not tried. I do not disrespect you for trying this.

However, you have absolutely and empirically wasted your social life. By not making real friendships or pursuing relationships and arrogantly expecting the mountain to come to Mohammad you have not only not got any friends or a girlfriend but you have retarded the limited social skills you had when you started making these shitty decisions, presumably after school.

Now you get to decide if the next 25 years are going to be the same as the last 25.
    But is it really his fault he doesn't have friends or a girlfriend? He obviously has issues he didn't choose to have. I've never seen someone with limited social skills turn that ship around. It's just the way they are.

He needs to find his happiness within his limitations. This isn't an insult. We all have our limitations. Can I ever ankle pick like Cael Sanderson? No. Does it keep me up at night? It has but I learned to accept it and find what makes me happy.

Those ankle picks are so sweet it just hurts to watch but I accept the pain and move forward.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    But is it really his fault he doesn't have friends or a girlfriend? He obviously has issues he didn't choose to have. I've never seen someone with limited social skills turn that ship around. It's just the way they are.
    Not everyone is dealt natural pocket rockets but RB isn't a low-functioning austistic person. In fact, it's ultimately just his narcissism (and spite, which is for him a byproduct of his narcissism) that makes him unlikeable, rather than any other personality trait. You can get past all the rest. I don't know if he was born a narcissist. If so then it would have been difficult and ultimately unwise for him to have ever married, but I think narcissism develops over time. Maybe he was just shy and awkward as a kid and chose to isolate socially and developed his self-centredness when he was his own universe. We don't know.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 7,516

0 Not allowed!

You are very effective at eliciting replies for pretty much the same questions. Kudos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information