Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,787
    Given: 11,682

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    Nothing was debunked, let alone a lie.

If you refer to the Hungarian half of the dual monarchy you are easily below 50% native Hungrian speakers. Blondie's hair splitting regarding the formal status about the Croatian kingdom is completely irrelevant if you just change "Hungary" to "Hungarian ruled" or "Hungarian part of the dual monarchy". She admits herself that 99% of the Hungarians do view it this way when they talk about "Hungary". She might be right with what exactly was "Hungary" but this is nothing that anyone wanted to refer to in this discussion. So just say "Hungarian ruled" or "Hungarian part of the dual monarchy" and Blondie's formal objection is overcome.

This is linguistic/ethnic structure of Hungarian part of Austria-Hungary, according to census 1910.

Blue areas

Total: 20,886,487

Hungarians 10,050,575 (48.12%)
    Romanians 2,949,032 (14.12%)
    Germans 2,037,435 (9.75%)
    Slovaks 1,967,970 (9.42%)
    Croats 1,833,192 (8.78%)
    Serbs 1,106,471 (5.3%)
    Ruthenians 472,587 (2.26%)
    others 469,255 (2.25%)

In Bosnia-Herzegovina (green areas) structure by religion, according to census 1910.

Total: 1,898,044

Serbian Orthodox 825,418 (43.49%)
    Muslims 612,137 (32.25%)
    Catholics 434,061 (22.87%)
    🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

Last Online
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Krajina Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric+NeoDanubian
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,787
    Given: 11,682

1 Not allowed!

1,106,471 Serbs in Hungarian part + 825,418 Serbs in Bosnia-Herzegovina + 105,332 Serbs in Dalmatia (Austrian part) = 2,037,221 Serbs

Serbia itself in 1910. had population of 2,922,058
    🔴
    🔵

Target: Dušan_scaled
    Distance: 1.7521% / 0.01752098
    60.4 Slavic: RUS_Sunghir_MA
    29.8 Roman: SRB_Svilos_Krusevlje
    9.8 Byzantine: TUR_Marmara_Ilipinar_Byz2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Donauschwabe
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,398
    Given: 9,911

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Yes, by a very slight margin, thanks to many years of hungarianization. So Hungary was only 45% non-Hungarian. Hooray!
    It was not the question you said a bullshit (Hungary was not majority hungarian) and i refuset it with statistics. Thats all.

A-H and Greater Hungary are gone forever and they aren't coming back, people should look forward.
    I said many times that the restauration of A-H is impossible.

Should Italians also be nostalgic about Roman Empire and wish western Hungary belonged to them like it did during the Roman days?
    Why not? There is nothing wrong with nostalgia, and Pannonia prospered a lot because of Roman Empire, im proud that it was part of it.

And why would you want Hungarianization?
    Quote me pls when i said i want magyarization.

Would you also want to forcefully hungarianize the Ungarndeutsche population?
    No, and if you follow my comments (in other threads too), i was always against the magyarization, and i posted tons of thread that presents danube swabians and local germans and about their culture, lifestyle, history that should be preserved.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Exotic Borreby
    Politics
    Right vs Wrong, not Left vs Right or Lib vs Cons
    Religion
    Born again atheist, having faith in positive outcomes and a positive future. Personal belief system.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,084
    Given: 12,316

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    It was not the question you said a bullshit (Hungary was not majority hungarian) and i refuset it with statistics. Thats all.

I said many times that the restauration of A-H is impossible.

Why not? There is nothing wrong with nostalgia, and Pannonia prospered a lot because of Roman Empire, im proud that it was part of it.

No, and if you follow my comments (in other threads too), i was always against the magyarization, and i posted tons of thread that presents danube swabians and local germans and about their culture, lifestyle, history that should be preserved.
    There wasn't anything to refute. This is my original statement (quote from my first post in the thread):
    Hungarians became obsessed with Hungarianization during dual monarchy because they understood Hungary was not viable as a country due to its demographics (ethnic Hungarians were less than 50% of the population).

It's clear I was not talking about 1910 but earlier period. This statement is taken out of context though. I brought this up to explain why minorities were antagonistic towards Hungarians.

No, and if you follow my comments (in other threads too), i was always against the magyarization, and i posted tons of thread that presents danube swabians and local germans and about their culture, lifestyle, history that should be preserved
    I don't read all of your posts, but if you're opposed to Hungarianization, then why are you praising the dual monarchy period?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Exotic Borreby
    Politics
    Right vs Wrong, not Left vs Right or Lib vs Cons
    Religion
    Born again atheist, having faith in positive outcomes and a positive future. Personal belief system.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,084
    Given: 12,316

0 Not allowed!

Nothing was debunked, let alone a lie.

If you refer to the Hungarian half of the dual monarchy you are easily below 50% native Hungrian speakers. Blondie's hair splitting regarding the formal status about the Croatian kingdom is completely irrelevant if you just change "Hungary" to "Hungarian ruled" or "Hungarian part of the dual monarchy". She admits herself that 99% of the Hungarians do view it this way when they talk about "Hungary". She might be right with what exactly was "Hungary" but this is nothing that anyone wanted to refer to in this discussion. So just say "Hungarian ruled" or "Hungarian part of the dual monarchy" and Blondie's formal objection is overcome.
    Croatia belonged to Hungarian Kingdom. The difference was that it had autonomy and was not subject to harsh hungarianization policies like Romanians in Transylvania, Slovaks etc.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Donauschwabe
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,398
    Given: 9,911

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I don't read all of your posts, but if you're opposed to Hungarianization, then why are you praising the dual monarchy period?
    If you dont like the Monarchy why do you use railway? Similar idiot, stupid question like yours. I said many reasons, but i have others:

-the Monarchy formed Central Europe what you can see nowadays
    -beautiful architecture
    -cultural influence
    -great power status, we could decide our future
    -advanced science and cultural life
    -better living standards compared to this age

Even the most fanatic Habsburg haters recognise that the dualism was golden age.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,658
    Given: 4,658

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dušan View Post
    1,106,471 Serbs in Hungarian part + 825,418 Serbs in Bosnia-Herzegovina + 105,332 Serbs in Dalmatia (Austrian part) = 2,037,221 Serbs

Serbia itself in 1910. had population of 2,922,058
    In Bosnia and Herzegovina number/percentage of Serbs would be over 50% without doubt if there was ethnic category on AH census. Since some Muslims and Catholics had Serbian ethnic identity in that time, as some Catholics in Dalmatia had Serbian identity as i mentioned. Anyway, Orthodox Serbs were most numerous group in Bosnia and Herzegovina not only during the AH rule but until deep in second half of 20th century.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,658
    Given: 4,658

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Varda View Post
    Maybe Vožd. He is from Vojvodina and his ancestors lived there several centuries, he is not descendant of colonists in the last 100 years. Vožd is pro-western and rusophobic, not extremely but still uncommon attitudes for a Serb.

About 1945. patrisans/communists came to take some of the livestock from my paternal great-grandfather. He exclaimed "Ajme Franjo, ajme ljuta rano." It is not possible to translate into English literally, because that is local expression. His exclamation was glorification of Franz Joseph I and his times, and in the same time a protest against what the communists did to him at that moment. Such things did not happen in AH time. He was not pro-AH, but in that moment AH seemed acceptable to him in comparison with new communist authorities which tormented ordinary people in the first several years after WW2.
    Vienna financially helped construction and reconstruction of some Serbian Orthodox churches and monasteries.

Serbian Orthodox church of St. John in Benkovac (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benkovac) built in 1885. on the foundations of older Orthodox church from 16th century.

Inscription on the church: This church of St. John is built on the old foundation during the reign of Franz Joseph I with contributions from the government and the entire ecclesiastical municipality in 1885.

Last Online
    12-04-2022 @ 10:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Czech
    Ancestry
    Moravia+Silesia+Bohemia=Czechia
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Moravia-Silesia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a (R-M512)
    mtDNA
    V (V7a)
    Taxonomy
    Europithecus
    Politics
    of the all azimuths
    Hero
    Viktor Mihály Orbán
    Religion
    ČCE
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 4,545

2 Not allowed!
    1984 was A Warning Not A Manual

Last Online
    05-09-2024 @ 02:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Zagreb
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 304
    Given: 219

1 Not allowed!

Why do you conclude that I "don't understand these things"?

(Because it did not exist in Germany? This statement is like I wouldn't understand a vulcano because there is no in Germany.)

Another thing: You emphasize that Croatia was not part of Hungary but in a personal union with it. How did it come that the Hungarian language was to be imposed in Croatia?

https://hrcak.srce.hr/file/271678

This sounds to me impossible without a Hungarian rule. And this is what is referred to when - maybe technically wrongly - is talked about "Hungary". It's meant what is all ruled by Hungary. If we take this into account then Universe is correct with below 50% Hungarians. He is also referring to the dual monarchy time period and Croatia is among what was assigned to the Hungarian half. Also the Hungarians themselves claimed that.
    Hungarian language was never imposed in Croatia. There were attempts to impose it as a mandatory school subject or in railways (because railways were one of "common affairs" according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croati...ian_Settlement), but it had no success in the reality. Btw. Croatian representatives in the Požun Parliament had the right of veto, but at one moment pro-Hungarian representatives prevailed.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread Information