Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why Taoists so Cool?Why Daoshis so Cool and Handsome?

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

What about Wu Wei - Do people still remember it?

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

1 Not allowed!

I like Yangsheng/养生/the art of health culture, tea culture and chinese herbal medicinal and spice traditions come from this set of doctrines. But how far taoism has contributed to yangsheng I am not sure. Rather than taoism, you should learn about yangsheng culture of ancient China,t it is said to be originated from the mythical emperor Huangdi(黄帝),the book of 黄帝内经/the secret dialogues of Emperor Huang is considered to be the record of his consultation with his doctors in health problems. This is very interesting.

Wuwei/无为/doing nothing is a concept based on a doctrine called daofaziran/道法自然/taoism rules nature. This is an idea of how to rule over everything, not just nature, in ancient China, nature does not only mean the natural world, but including human society. Wuwei propose a similar idea to let it be or laissez faire. But it is well known fact about taoism that many of its concepts are ambiguous, including "wuwei", there are many ways to interprete, I always think ruling over oneself is better than over the others, if one pleased he can say it is my take on "wuwei" as the best way to rule over everything is to rule over nothing. You see, taoism has such ambiguity almost anyone can use it in each ones own way and still sounds the same/similar. When used in one way it can be cool but however, there can also be many uncivil ways of interpreting it.
    Last edited by Hexachordia; 08-22-2022 at 06:34 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is due to the lack of dialectical power taoism has such ambiguity. Is it a strength or a weakness, I am not so sure yet. The western modern philosophies also have over-stretched the dialectical tools to the extend that it is almost impossible for common readers to extract any meaningful reference: too institutionalized, too formalized, detached from practicability outside the academy. In comparison to western modern jargons, I prefer taoist ambiguity, since I can exploit it myself too, if I can you know you can too. But the western jargons are already like electronic waste, toxic to be just left alone, it needs to be reprocessed and contained. No wonder most hardcore commies are from the west.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoyuan View Post
    Why Taoists so Cool? Why Daoshis so Cool?
    Because they store chi in their bones. They retain semen to restore their yang (they say immortality only comes from Yang) and sustain a man's lifespan. Many Taoist monks lived to be over 100 years old in a time where all they had to eat was rice and lemongrass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexachordia View Post
    But it is well known fact about taoism that many of its concepts are ambiguous, including "wuwei", there are many ways to interprete, I always think ruling over oneself is better than over the others, if one pleased he can say it is my take on "wuwei" as the best way to rule over everything is to rule over nothing.
    Buddhism also understands the paradox and sees how ambiguity can become the path, like in Zen ‘not knowing’- “To know is not to know”.
    The ‘power of no-power’ is the power in (real) Shamanism as well.

I am sure there are good and genuine Taoist practitioners in both East and West, unfortunately I only came across an Eastern group which was building an ‘earthly-power-base’ out of conformity and sameness as its strength …. and some Westerners, who in search of some ‘occult powers’ for themselves were interested in Taoist dreaming practices.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post

I am sure there are good and genuine Taoist practitioners in both East and West, unfortunately I only came across an Eastern group which was building an ‘earthly-power-base’ out of conformity and sameness as its strength …. and some Westerners, who in search of some ‘occult powers’ for themselves were interested in Taoist dreaming practices.
    In superstitional traditions, all bad elements from the world can come togather, like Vatican too, it combines all the occultic filths togather. So does taoism, it often assimilates all tribalistic shamanist rituals and superstitions around and in China into a system of spells and curse. I am not interested in these things. However, there are many secret sects that possess some very advance knowledges, for example, Ming dynasty chinese court astronomers were able to predict solar and lunar eclipses within 24 hours of error without the help of telescope, according to personal prowess, some very best could achieve within 5 hours. The first encyclopedia compilation was alse made by chinese--"Yongle Dadian", originally about 60000-100000 volumes, exact number was never known, containing all chinese knowledges by the time(medicine, astronomy, mythologies, linguistic, religions, agriculture, mathematics, history..). But Manchus rounded these volumes up and destroyed them of all editions from 1644 untill 1680s, there had been several copied editions so more than 500000 volumes of Yongle books were actually burned not counting millions of books of buddhist hymns and verses--ask me why I so much distaste the manchus!! because they savage stepe monkeys were jealous. There have been many amazing achievements by ancient chinese people but somehow, as if they had been targeted, their testimonies are few and not allowed proper appreciation they deserve, but evils and filth of chinese history always survive more or less intact and strong, a historical tragedy of East Asia. But Japan has been a major collector of the best chinese elements, it is why Japan is so strong now. China is also like India more or less, but more in terms of human qualities rather than relgious castes.
    Buddhism also understands the paradox and sees how ambiguity can become the path, like in Zen ‘not knowing’- “To know is not to know”.
    The ‘power of no-power’ is the power in (real) Shamanism as well.
    Very fine statement, but my own motto is to give up not not-knowing from the beginning at all, you get and give it up. But not the things one gets from stealing and double-dealing, rather really by good faith and effort. To learn to know that I know nothing, this "nothing" is not just nothingness, but "nothing" is the true knowledge itself. This is my take before knowing about this Zenist statement in knowledge.
    Last edited by Hexachordia; 08-23-2022 at 04:53 AM.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,486
    Given: 13,199

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    lonewolf and cub?

But isn't that Japanese ....
    lol there are even memes about those sort of confusions. You can at least post the chinese (HK) remake:

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Guys, you never know about the real chinese warrior cultures: Mozi/墨子 sect it is, and Guangxi warriors/广西狼兵 too. Mozi sect was a warrior sect, never surrendered once, they always fought to death, sometimes they committed suicide rather than surrender, same with japanese samurai. Those stereotyped chinese cultures are the very scum level of what had been really there, fumachu, beijing opera, confucius, chinese fast food, chinese math and the likes, I think these elements were artificial cultures like modern cultural marxism, used to replace what is missing by extortion and cultural and genetic genocides. The real chinese culture is heavily defaced if not erased, like what commies do to other ethnic cultures.

Confucius is one of the worst of whoever called a philosopher, a model for modern academic hypocrites, he never ventured beyond his own immediate background of birth and yet claimed to teach wisdom and his mottos and teachings are very lackluster if compared to any other contemporaries and sound repetitive all the time of the others: a k-pop of philosophy, downright disgusting.
    Last edited by Hexachordia; 08-23-2022 at 03:50 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexachordia View Post
    Very fine statement, but my own motto is to give up not not-knowing from the beginning at all, you get and give it up. But not the things one gets from stealing and double-dealing, rather really by good faith and effort. To learn to know that I know nothing, this "nothing" is not just nothingness, but "nothing" is the true knowledge itself. This is my take before knowing about this Zenist statement in knowledge.
    Yep. Or “Emptiness” and how it works.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    lol there are even memes about those sort of confusions. You can at least post the chinese (HK) remake:

Haha Looks like I have missed out on a lot of good stuff …
    0:00 – 0:52

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information