R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 2,160

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mopi View Post
    Blondie...Do you look a bit like Galadriel ?
    I've never seen one of your pics tbh
    no woman compares to my muse Feiichy. the most beautiful woman in the world

Atlantean Pale Baron Todesritter's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-07-2023 @ 09:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austro-Hungarian
    Ancestry
    Western Slavic + Germanic Cisleithanian ancestral HRE mix
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid + Faelid
    Politics
    Anarcho-monarchist spiritually stratified ethnostate
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 308
    Given: 134

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LaSentinelle View Post
    He both looks and is in fact of mixed race. He's Puerto-Rican. So the theory still holds and black/mixed/dark elves can exist within Middle Earth. The same applies to Hobbits as Hobbits are a subgroup of Men. At least that's what Tolkien says in his Essay 'Of Dwarves and Men'
    He looks black with a weird basketball haircut, and there are no black elves, the idea is incompatible with both attested canon and the cultural and mythological influences it draws from. Half-elves are explicitly labeled half-elves, and recognised as such even after choosing to be counted among elves or men; Elrond was still called a half-elf even after functionally choosing the path of elves. Anyway interbreeding between elves and men was exceedingly rare, and all noted or implied counts were between elves and the houses of the Edain or their Númenorean or Númenorean-descended descendants, not with Easterling and Southron men who became corrupted by Sauron early.

For an elf of Lindon, whose population was primarily of mixed Beleriand descent - Noldor, Sindar and Laiquendi of Ossiriand - there is absolutely no excuse. Tolkien's work is about europe, for europe. Black elves and other such politically implicated bullshit have no place within it, if a certain demographic can't make its own heroes and modern myths that's their problem and they have no right to hijack european culture for it.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,308
    Given: 9,878

0 Not allowed!

Half of the series happens in the Southlands where many black skinned human lived. Why did the makers not choose black actors to play southlanders? Good question... these southlanders dont look like haradrim:

AUDENTES FORTUNA IUVAT RobocopReturns's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    3/4 Croatian, 1/4 North Italian
    Country
    Croatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    CHUCK YEAGER
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 139

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Half of the series happens in the Southlands where many black skinned human lived. Why did the makers not choose black actors to play southlanders? Good question... these southlanders dont look like haradrim:

Ok Blondie, first of all, I am huge fan of Lord of the Rings, and even if I would put aside that Political Correctness bull...it which offends any normal persona, non-white or white, this series are disgrace for anything connected to Tolkien.

Amazon invested MILLIONS of dollars into this, but you cannot do anythin BY MONEY AND FORCE, you need talent, you need the proper way how to approach the subject of one ULTRA-GREAT fantasy world like this one.

They failed, totally.

There is maybe one or two episodes I really like, but the rest... cammon...

P.S. And sorry, but on top of all this, I cannot just look away from this Political Correctness SICKNESS, I have a friend who is half black, even he agrees (because he's NORMAL PERSON) that Hollywood of today gone TOTALLY MAD when it comes about black people, and he said to me that he is more offended with black elves, hobbits etc in this series than without them all, because without them all IT WOULD BE AUTHENTIC.

They gone COMPLETELY MAD, and this is just the tip of the iceberg, in House od the Dragon they also gone completey INSANE.

99% of all Hollywood movies in last 10-15 years are totally INSANE with this WOKE sickness, thank God there are MANY of Blacks in USA who are rising against WOKE sickness, not majority, but many, realizing they're doing them more harm than good.

Going from Hollywood to Politics (Democrats).
    Audentes Fortuna Iuvat

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RobocopReturns View Post
    They failed, totally.
    The series is far from perfect, but its bullshit that they totally failed. Why? Tons of scene were actually cool, like the story line of Halbrand (Sauron), or the white witches, or the "creation" of Mordor, the orcs were not CGI, Númenor was amazing etc. Im rooting for Sauron against the woke "goods" And the finale was also great:

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The Season 2 is comming in 2024, so i think its time to update this topic

The chronology of Second Age, according to canon:

1500: forging the Nine and Seven, rings of men and dwarves
    1590: forging the Three, elvish rings
    1600: forging the One Ring in Mount Doom, Sauron build the Barad-dur, Glorfindel and the Blue Wizards arrive in Middle Earth
    1605: Sauron start to prepare for the war against elves
    1693: Sauron start the war against elves, they hide the Three
    1695: Sauron attacks Eriador
    1697: fall of Eregion, death of Celebrimbor, Elrond creates Rivendell, dwarves close the door of Moria, orcs invade Gundabad
    1699: Sauron invades most part of Eriador
    1700: Tar-Minastir sends help, and they defeat Sauron's army at Gwathlo
    1701: Sauron managed to escape from Eriador, creation of the White Council

The problem is the RoP showrunners dont really care about the canon and its timeline, but i have some tips what we will see in the Season 2.

Possible new characters:

1. Narvi, he is a dwarf from Moria. He played important role to make friendship between elves and dwarves and he created that dwarf door what we saw in the Fellowship of the Ring.
    2. Cirdan, the Shipwright. His home the Grey Havens is important part of Lindon, he is the oldest and one of the most important elvish character in the lore. The numenorean army will go to Grey Havens to help agaist Sauron.
    3. Celeborn, husband of Galadriel. I think he is important in the case character development of Galadriel. Although in the canon, at this time they were married long time ago.
    4. Glorfindel, the most powerful elf warrior in the lore. He will be indispensable during the war against Sauron.

Possible events in the Season 2:

1. Arondir and the southernes: they are comming to Pelargir, and it can pass in the canon, because Lebennin (southern area of Gondor) was populated by these refugees who migrated there because of Sauron. Another possible event is the story of Dunharrow and Paths of the Dead.

2. Nazguls: i think we will see how Sauron created the nazguls including the Witch King. My theory is we already saw a possible nazgul in the Season 1 and its Waldreg, the leader of evil southernes. Maybe Ar-Pharazon's son also became a nazgul. My another theory is they will create female nazguls too in the name of woke. Btw its not necessarily against the canon because the gender of nazguls is unknown, Tolkien never talked about it. So maybe Earien the numenorean princess can be another possible nazgul. Interesting that she likes architecture, maybe she will build the Church of Morgoth in Numenor.

3. Nori and Gandalf: they are going to Rhűn, where Khamul lives, he will be the second strongest ringwraith. We will see Khamul, im 100% sure about it. In the Season 1 the White Robed Witches originated from Rhűn, i think the new series will explain their origin and who are they. My theory is they are wraiths, results of Sauron's first experiments in the Unseen World. The witch leader named Dweller is a lesser maia, fire spirit for sure.

4. Numenor: Would be great to see Anarion who creates Gondor, and i think they will show the first hostility among numenoreans to divide them two side: numenorean and black numenorean.

Spoiler infos from the showrunners:

1. We will see Tom Bombadil and Shelob
    2. Adar will be Sauron's orc captain

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information