Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starkey: 'Britain is a white mono-culture and schools should focus on our own history'

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Region
    Pembrokeshire
    Politics
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Starkey: 'Britain is a white mono-culture and schools should focus on our own history'

David Starkey has provoked more controversy by claiming that most of Britain is a ‘mono-culture’ and that immigrants should assimilate.

The TV historian rejected claims by other academics that it is a diverse country, describing it as 'absolutely and unmitigatingly white' outside of London.

His outburst comes three months after he blamed ‘black culture’ for the summer riots and claimed that parts of Enoch Powell's 'rivers of blood' speech had been right.

He made his latest comments during a historians conference discussing Education Secretary Michael Gove's announcement that he wanted to put ‘our island story’ at the heart of Britain's national curriculum.

Dr Starkey told the meeting that the National Curriculum should involve ‘a serious focus on your own culture’.

Cambridge University historian Joya Chatterji asked him to explain what he meant, arguing that contemporary Britain was ‘rather diverse’.

But Dr Starkey cut in, telling her: ‘No it’s not. Most of Britain is a mono-culture. You think London is Britain. It isn’t.

‘Where I’ve come from in Yorkshire, where I’ve come from in Westmorland [in Cumbria], where I largely live in Kent, where I holiday much in the South West, it is absolutely and unmitigatingly white.

‘You have such a series of assumptions. It is a kind of Ken Livingstone-esque view of rainbow Britain.

‘Bits of Britain are rainbow and jolly interesting but to read out from those to everything else is profoundly misleading.’

Dr Starkey added: ‘Successful immigrants assimilate or become bi-cultural.’

Trevor Phillips, Chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, said he did not believe Dr Starkey was racist but was saddened that he ‘feels that he must occasionally utter nonsense that may give comfort to racists.’

Lee Jasper, Chairman of the London Race and Criminal Justice Consortium, tweeted: ‘Starkey the racist academic strikes again.’

Former prison chaplain the Reverend Pam Smith jokingly questioned on Twitter whether Dr Starkey ‘can’t see people who aren’t white’ given the racial diversity of many towns outside the capital.
    Link

Last Online
    09-21-2014 @ 12:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,197
    Given: 3,880

0 Not allowed!

David Starkey has provoked more controversy by claiming that most of Britain is a ‘mono-culture’ and that immigrants should assimilate.

Looks alright to me. It's GB, you either adapt to host country or you get the heck out. Seems like this fellow is using common sense. Nothing wrong with that statement.

Last Online
    04-24-2012 @ 08:16 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglophone
    Ethnicity
    British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Never been in to his TV shows, but he has hit the nail on the head here. London has become a babylon of races and they assume the rest of us have to. Admittedly there are other heavily non-white towns, but you would wrong to assume that you would see a darker face on every street corner of every town in Britain.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2015 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Netherlands
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    whatever
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66

0 Not allowed!

Assimilation would be a terrible idea. Deportation is the only answer. Will take a revolution of course.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

This is why David Starkey is my favourite British historian, hands-down. It's a real pity he's already been relegated to a side-show by the British press as "rudest man in Britain" - he's really the only academic with half a brain over there.

Has anyone read his books? I was quite a fan of his Monarchy series.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Region
    Pembrokeshire
    Politics
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Eckhart View Post
    This is why David Starkey is my favourite British historian, hands-down. It's a real pity he's already been relegated to a side-show by the British press as "rudest man in Britain" - he's really the only academic with half a brain over there.

Has anyone read his books? I was quite a fan of his Monarchy series.
    I don't agree with everything he says, but on this occasion he's blatantly correct. It's the other academics who have their head up their arse.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Good on the man. I hope more and more honest men in the public eye speak out.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Treffie View Post
    I don't agree with everything he says, but on this occasion he's blatantly correct. It's the other academics who have their head up their arse.
    I don't know; I've read his work on the Wives of Henry and I found him quite spot-on in most of his evaluations and his disgust at how much attention the wives of Henry get when the reality was that socially and politically they were irrelevant. Henry VIII was the only really important figure during his reign, except insofar as the whore Anne created chaos in his court. Starkey is very wise to recognise historically that the only thing the women created was intrigue and sensation.

Most academics are as you have described them. The reality of European and Euro-American culture is distasteful to the wonderfully clinical Marxist theory they bathe themselves in. It's really an aggravating place to exist as a professional, surrounded by Cultural Marxists and, frankly, idiots.

Last Online
    06-26-2022 @ 09:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140

0 Not allowed!

Monarchy was pretty good, but I wondered at the time if Series 4 had been deliberately curtailed for some reason, and cut together as a single long episode.

Last Online
    09-14-2015 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    British
    Ancestry
    Scottish on my father's side and English on my mother's side.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Scotland
    Politics
    Reactionary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!

He's right and what is better is that more and more people in the public eye are starting to speak out against multiculturalism.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information