Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hypothesis: Bosnians are more similar to Serbs then to Croats culturally?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,051
    Given: 5,709

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bosnian_flower View Post
    We do have some leftover traditions of turks but thats dying within next generation

and never met a bosnian identify as turk ,most even disslike turks(for historical reason and for modern reasons..,middle east migrants)
    Hopefully Bosniaks find other identity outside Islam. You don't need to be Serbs or Croats, I would recognize Bosniaks as own thing like now Macedonians are separate from Bulgarians. Just leave Islam.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    yugoslavia existed also before communism. as kingdom of yugoslavia. maybe it is unpopular now, but it wasnt always. that yugo means criminal is something someone else would say, not something yugos say. it is a generalisation like that muslim means terrorist for example. it is stupid to say so.
    It was never popular among vast majority of Croats. I know how are "Yugos" seen in more developed countries, and I don't want to connect to that. I'm sure Slovenes also don't want.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...6609a7b11d2828

Ascended into a higher realm
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,194
    Given: 58,968

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    It was never popular among vast majority of Croats. I know how are "Yugos" seen in more developed countries, and I don't want to connect to that. I'm sure Slovenes also don't want.
    If you dont like "yugo" you could replace it with "balkan" and it would mean the "same in developed countries" then you need to hate that word and say you are not balkan, but you do that anyways.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]

Hm he has mastered chakra...can he do romjutsu... - Balkanforum user Floki
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If you dont like "yugo" you could replace it with "balkan" and it would mean the "same in developed countries" then you need to hate that word and say you are not balkan, but you do that anyways.
    Albanians and Serbs top the charts of criminality in Germany, while Croats have crime late lower than ethnic Germans.

I don't want to add anything more, you are not stupid and perfectly understand my message.

Last Online
    04-07-2024 @ 01:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Bosnia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Hopefully Bosniaks find other identity outside Islam. You don't need to be Serbs or Croats, I would recognize Bosniaks as own thing like now Macedonians are separate from Bulgarians. Just leave Islam.
    Well islam will only get weaker in Bosnia as time passes. Young people are secular and do not even know how to pray, and west is pushing on us the modern values like LGBT...and the conservative party SDA lost elections,so it shows people will become more and more secular

I personally consider my self agnostic, but i come from a muslim bosnian family(but they are not religious)

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Albanians and Serbs top the charts of criminality in Germany, while Croats have crime late lower than ethnic Germans.

I don't want to add anything more, you are not stupid and perfectly understand my message.
    I understand what you say, and i initially said bosnians dont mind being seen similar to serbs and albanians, while croats dont like that. And indeed they are more similar, i think native croats never do turbo-folk while many turbo-folk singers are bosnians like halid beslic, halid muslimovic etc. I agree bosnians and serbs are more similar, then serbs-bosnians with croats. bosnian flower agrees too. we dont disagree.

then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I understand what you say, and i initially said bosnians dont mind being seen similar to serbs and albanians, while croats dont like that. And indeed they are more similar, i think native croats never do turbo-folk while many turbo-folk singers are bosnians like halid beslic, halid muslimovic etc. I agree bosnians and serbs are more similar, then serbs-bosnians with croats. bosnian flower agrees too. we dont disagree.
    True. except Turko Folk part. Turko Folk is massively popular in Croatia, including among native Croats.

We speak same language thus YT channels and trending is same for young Croats, Bosniaks, Montenegrins or Serbs and language is a powerful conector. Serb pop culture strongly dominates west Balkan youth.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

True. except Turko Folk part. Turko Folk is massively popular in Croatia, including among native Croats.

We speak same language this YT channels and trending is same for young Croats, Bosniaks, Montenegrins or Serbs and language is a powerful conector.
    I know they listen to it, but i dont know any croat who performs it and is very famous, i know severina but she does rock or pop music, i think croats do more that.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I know they listen to it, but i dont know any croat who performs it and is very famous, i know severina but she does rock or pop music, i think croats do more that.
    True, there are no Croat Turko Folk singers that I know of, since it is import from the east.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,637
    Given: 4,645

0 Not allowed!

Serbian community in Germany is one of the best integeated and productive there. There is a lot of high educated people among them in recent time. In the past they were mostly workers known as gesterbeiters, but not in the last 20 years. Criminals were always tiny minoriry of total Serbs in Germany, they had peak in 1980s.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information