Germany
    Relationship Status
    Married, kids
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    Curiously Torquemada was from a jewish-converso lineage.
    Yes, I also read that his ancestors converted to christianity...

He looks fully European though ( the depictions of him )

It has always been my understanding that jews come in all kinds of shades..

There are European coverts to judaism who may have progeny, there are relatively unmixed Middle Eastern jews and.. you know, there is the Khazar theory about the alleged origin of many of today's jews.....

At all times there might have been jews who could blend in with the European populace by at least appearing 100 per cent European in phenotype..

I do not see why the authorities at that time wouldn't have made an inquisitor out of a man from converso- family . .

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Fire View Post

There are European coverts to judaism who may have progeny, there are relatively unmixed Middle Eastern jews and.. you know, there is the Khazar theory about the alleged origin of many of today's jews.....

At all times there might have been jews who could blend in with the European populace by at least appearing 100 per cent European in phenotype..

I do not see why the authorities at that time wouldn't have made an inquisitor out of a man from converso- family . .

G]
    Because the idea of ​​the Spanish Crown at that time was that all those who professed the Catholic faith and were faithful to the King of Spain were part of the same people, regardless of their origin.

By the way, I remind you that during that time, many Germans fell into this category, despite not being Spanish, your King was our king and we have the same faith.

The division began precisely when the Protestant faith arose, which was more of a political movement in many aspects than a true religious movement.

The issue of the inquisition, since then, has been used as one of the main arguments to justify that schism, by people like you, and always relating it to Spain to perpetuate the idea of ​​religious fanaticism and irrationalism , when we already know that it was not even remotely in Spain where fanaticism use to show its worst face.

But it is the same as always, the South Europeans are emotional, irrational and tend to fanaticism, but in the end it is the alleged rationalism of the North Europeans who end up creating the worst nightmares of destruction and death.

You did not assimilate civilization well, the progress that came to you from the Mediterranean made only your head progress, but you forgot about your heart.

I think it's not that hard to understand.

Now I begin to understand where the dysfunction of many northern Europeans lies.

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 07:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Northern - European
    Country
    Germany
    Relationship Status
    Married, kids
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    Because the idea of ​​the Spanish Crown at that time was that all those who professed the Catholic faith and were faithful to the King of Spain were part of the same people, regardless of their origin.

By the way, I remind you that during that time, many Germans fell into this category, despite not being Spanish, your King was our king and we have the same faith.

The division began precisely when the Protestant faith arose, which was more of a political movement in many aspects than a true religious movement.

The issue of the inquisition, since then, has been used as one of the main arguments to justify that schism, by people like you, and always relating it to Spain to perpetuate the idea of ​​religious fanaticism and irrationalism , when we already know that it was not even remotely in Spain where fanaticism use to show its worst face.

But it is the same as always, the South Europeans are emotional, irrational and tend to fanaticism, but in the end it is the alleged rationalism of the North Europeans who end up creating the worst nightmares of destruction and death.

You did not assimilate civilization well, the progress that came to you from the Mediterranean made only your head progress, but you forgot about your heart.

I think it's not that hard to understand.

Now I begin to understand where the dysfunction of many northern Europeans lies.
    Dude ,
    I don't know if you maybe misunderstood my intention behind making a thread about the Inquisition.. ?

I did not intend to paint some kind of Northern/ Southern European division, nor did I intend to put down catholics.

Yes , it' s some kind of cliche that 'the north' is heavily protestant while 'the south' is allegedly heavily catholic..
    But one can understand both sides for their opinions.

By the way , should there somehow still be an impression that maybe I wanted to put down catholics by mentioning The Inquisition... I read somewhere that Calvinism ( i. e. a form of protestantism) was allegedly the 'toughest ' form of Christianity. What I read said that Calvinism put everything in the shadow what a Roman control-of-consciousness had allegedly ever known before.. It is said to have been the 'strictest' form of christianity ... The so-called 'witch-hunts ' were just as numerous in Protestant areas it is saidas in catholic ones .. Some even say MORE numerous ( ! )..

" To each their own."
    - an old adage , proven time and time again

Peace

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 07:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Northern - European
    Country
    Germany
    Relationship Status
    Married, kids
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Wink A funny vid about "it"

A funny video about the Spanish Inquisition.

lol . .

Like... Melvin... Torque's got nothin' on me

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

1 Not allowed!

Dude ,
    I don't know if you maybe misunderstood my intention behind making a thread about the Inquisition.. ?

I did not intend to paint some kind of Northern/ Southern European division, nor did I intend to put down catholics.

Yes , it' s some kind of cliche that 'the north' is heavily protestant while 'the south' is allegedly heavily catholic..
    But one can understand both sides for their opinions.

By the way , should there somehow still be an impression that maybe I wanted to put down catholics by mentioning The Inquisition... I read somewhere that Calvinism ( i. e. a form of protestantism) was allegedly the 'toughest ' form of Christianity. What I read said that Calvinism put everything in the shadow what a Roman control-of-consciousness had allegedly ever known before.. It is said to have been the 'strictest' form of christianity ... The so-called 'witch-hunts ' were just as numerous in Protestant areas it is saidas in catholic ones .. Some even say MORE numerous ( ! )..

" To each their own."
    - an old adage , proven time and time again

Peace
    Dude, I don´t care about your intentions when you opened this thread, until CV returns from his vacation I have self-imposed to continue his legacy.

As I don't particularly like the inquisition (as opposed to him) I have directed the subject towards the typical confrontation of South versus North Europe, Catholicism versus Protestantism, which although in reality it is not something that I am passionate about or believe in at all, at least it allows me to put me in a more comfortable position to discuss.

The last German pope, by the way, was the head of the institution of the church, direct heir of the Inquisition just before elected Pope,Joseph Ratzinger was prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith for 24 years.

And now more seriously:

The inquisition was actually an institution adapted to the reality of its time, and I only know of a simplistic image based on dead heretics and that is always related to Spain, when it was universal in Europe and territories administered by European countries and made new contributions in what was the "judicial" and "police" panorama of medieval and post-medieval times.

Such as the systematic and personalized way of conducting investigations and presenting evidence, as well as the way of prosecuting, including the contribution of the figure of the "defense attorney" or the application of sentences to "prisoners in absentia."

It's like talking about the treatment of prisoners in the Middle Ages based on Third Geneva Convention . Was it a laudable institution? Many of the consequences of their activities today are difficult to justify with our mentality, but in their day they were something really progressive and very useful in many ways.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,666
    Given: 5,623

0 Not allowed!

No he doesn't, he looks not European at all. Neither did most of those so called "religious zealots".

The Jesuit order was also founded and heavily infiltrated by fake christians/catholics but I'll leave that for another discussion.
    Last edited by Sebastianus Rex; 05-08-2023 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Europe is fake, european race doesn't exist, it's just a conglomeration of retardeds from their own land.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-21-2023 @ 04:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gaul
    Ethnicity
    Fogpeak Highlander
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19

0 Not allowed!

What is your main purpose with this thread?

Inquisitors were never wrong.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    Curiously Torquemada was from a jewish-converso lineage.
    These are Jewish lies, in the usual way.

The original source which quotes as Jew to Tomás de Torquemada (actually it talks about the uncle of Torquemada) is the Jewish Hernando del Pulgar, who, curiously, was relegated as Royal Secretary to chronicler, precisely by Tomás de Torquemada

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    I larp as a Celt
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn + Alpinid + Nordomediterranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,221
    Given: 12,971

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post

The original source which quotes as Jew to Tomás de Torquemada (actually it talks about the uncle of Torquemada) is the Jewish Hernando del Pulgar, who, curiously, was relegated as Royal Secretary to chronicler, precisely by Tomás de Torquemada
    Bienvenido de vuelta

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,666
    Given: 5,623

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post

Why would they lie about Torquemada being a Jewish converso ? Actually they would rather hide that fact.

Besides just look at his portrait, all the proof I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Europe is fake, european race doesn't exist, it's just a conglomeration of retardeds from their own land.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information