PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Determinants of my ethnic group (Turkish) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Determinants of my ethnic group (Turkish)

Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 06:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Russia, East Ukraine, Adyghea
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,643
    Given: 5,916

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    In here a Vietnamese (or whoever else) won't ever be accepted for a Czech. Most of them speak perfect Czech without an accent (plenty of them can't even utter a word in Vietnamese) and adopted the Czech culture as their own. Culturally, there is little to no difference between us and them. But they aren't seen any differently from someone who is native to Ho Chi Minh City though.
    It's strange to me because in my city the Vietnamese are present in like 50 years and they look like keeping to their own community and when they speak Russian it's with accent that is quite often thick. And they often speak own language in crowded public places. I can't remember a known case about one of them being well assimilated even though they are quite numerous in my part of the city (they sell goods which they get in Asia in a market).
    Do what you should.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumata View Post
    It's strange to me because in my city the Vietnamese are present in like 50 years and they look like keeping to their own community and when they speak Russian it's with accent that is quite often thick. And they often speak own language in crowded public places. I can't remember a known case about one of them being well assimilated even though they are quite numerous in my part of the city (they sell goods which they get in Asia in a market).
    They kinda keep to their own aswell in here. Or at the very least you don't see them at public places. You go to a Vietnamese restaurant, expecting someone who can barely speak our language, let alone having the native accent, and a young guy or a girl speaking perfect Czech comes to you.

Just a funny story. Me and my friend had a craving for some Vietnamese food. So we went to their market/restaurant area to have some. A Vietnamese girl comes to us, no accent, perfect Czech. My friend ordered pho bo, bun cha or something like that. I wanted something new, so I've said to her something like 'number one from the daily menu please'. She replied 'don't you wanna try a number, two it's actually the best we have today'. I said 'fine'. The meal was pretty standard, but there was a side dish I didn't know about what it was. We were eating and then my friend asked my 'what's that, are those beans?' And I realized those were stewed maggots. Fortunately I ate just a little of that since I was kinda suspicious from the beggining. Of course I left it in there with utter disgust. She was kinda smiling while taking away the plates from our table. Got trolled in there indeed.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dağlı (Mountaineer)
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    R1a-CTS3402
    mtDNA
    R0a1a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,337
    Given: 3,931

0 Not allowed!

Ethnicity and nationality are two different things. Accepting by majority won't change your heritage.

Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 06:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic, Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    EstoRian
    Ancestry
    Russia, East Ukraine, Adyghea
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Truly sovereign states
    Religion
    Humanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,643
    Given: 5,916

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    They kinda keep to their own aswell in here. Or at the very least you don't see them at public places. You go to a Vietnamese restaurant, expecting someone who can barely speak our language, let alone having the native accent, and a young guy or a girl speaking perfect Czech comes to you.

Just a funny story. Me and my friend had a craving for some Vietnamese food. So we went to their market/restaurant area to have some. A Vietnamese girl comes to us, no accent, perfect Czech. My friend ordered pho bo, bun cha or something like that. I wanted something new, so I've said to her something like 'number one from the daily menu please'. She replied 'don't you wanna try a number, two it's actually the best we have today'. I said 'fine'. The meal was pretty standard, but there was a side dish I didn't know about what it was. We were eating and then my friend asked my 'what's that, are those beans?' And I realized those were stewed maggots. Fortunately I ate just a little of that since I was kinda suspicious from the beggining. Of course I left it in there with utter disgust. She was kinda smiling while taking away the plates from our table. Got trolled in there indeed.
    A funny story indeed. It looks like the Vietnamese girl was too fast to offer a dubious dish to a person who didn't know what it was composed of. With such an attitude she risks to get shorter of customers eventually.

Here the Vietnamese sell cheep clothes at the market and it strikes me that even being market sellers (probably for years) they didn't master Russian properly. Objectively Vietnamese if very different phonetically, but still...
    And in Soviet time they worked at a factory here and they lived compactly in a dormitory.
    Do what you should.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information