View Poll Results: Who?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soviet Russia

5 21.74%
  • Finland

18 78.26%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Finland vs USSR(Russia). Whose side would you take?

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumata View Post
    Exactly. Also Soviets offered the peaceful territory exchange solution a few times which Finnish government rejected.
    We have talked this (and lots of other matters) years ago. Wants to go there again? Me neither. So I'll keep this short.

1.) Russians offered so called waste-land from Northern Karelia to Finns and asked among of the others the 3. biggest city of Finland (Vyborg). Weird as the deal did not sound fair for Finns.

2.) As Finns did not accept that, we'll never know how serious Stalin was with that (or was it pure lie / attempt to cheat Finns (if those are naive enough)?)

3.) Thanks to history, Finns did not believe (and can not ever believe) anything what Russians are saying. Plus Russians can only thank themselves of this (or their ancestors).

4.) Anyone can try nicely ask something from Finns but if one will express the same like forcing Finns to give them something .... Finns will never agree.

In the end, this kind of speculation is pretty useless today. Russians started Winter War (and even did those fake Shelling of Mainila to get them ''rights'' to attack Finland). Who was guilty for Winter War is 100% crystal clear.

Secondly, even if Winter War could have been avoided (someways), Finland could not have been able to stay outside of WWII totally. Latest as Operation Barbarossa started Finland would have been stucked into WWII, one way or another.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 05-11-2023 at 10:52 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,237
    Given: 7,503

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by black hole View Post
    If you were in the winter war between Soviet Russia and Finland, who would you choose?

Remember, Finland was under Russian Empire.
    I will correct my answer. While not giving a damn about this case in historical perspective, I can't imagine me being pro the side which fights with my people no matter what's the reason and who made them fight against the enemy, that's literally cheering for your own people being killed (meaning that alien people are more valuable for you). I may often disagree with lots of stuff done by our politicians, but if the war happened, all the shit should be postponed until better peaceful times.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Interesting, but why did latvians became commies? I thought it was very unpopular ideology there.
    Nowadays Ukraine is full of monuments not just to banderites, but also to leftist national-bolsheviks like Simon Petlyura or anarchists like Nestor Makhno, who in different periods fought together with Bolsheviks against White Guard.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Interesting, but why did latvians became commies? I thought it was very unpopular ideology there.
    One of the icons of Ukrainian nationalism Dmytro Dontsov was a prominent member of Bolshevik Party, he has a street named after him in most of cities and towns of remains of Ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmytro_Dontsov

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    Latvians were famous to be addicted to sadistic activities, there were lots of Latvian officers who made career in GULAG system in 1920s-1940s. Most of them purged, by God's providence and justice.
    Didn't know about that, but some nazi secret extermination camps were guarded by Ukrainian or Baltic SS, not even many Germans. Afaik I read trains transporting Jews to Treblinka were secured with Latvian SS on train rooftops, If I remember well (not 100% sure but likely I remember correctly).

However, I don't know the background of whole story to be honest.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Canaanite Phoenician
    Ethnicity
    Canaanite
    Country
    Lebanon
    Taxonomy
    Maronitis Libanensis
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 258
    Given: 390

0 Not allowed!

If Finland attacks Russia, i'll be with Russia.
    If Russia attacks Finland, i'll be with Finland.
    "And God said "Love Your Enemy", and I obeyed Him and loved myself." - Gibran Khalil

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KirillMazur View Post
    Only the USSR started the Finnish war earlier and this broke all the British plans completely.
    The same will happen in Ukraine. The only difference is that the Finns turned out to be smarter and got out of the war, keeping their people and relative sovereignty, while Ukraine will lose both the army and statehood.
    But the difference is that Finland got very little help from the west, now the the west is more bound to this war.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    But the difference is that Finland got very little help from the west, now the the west is more bound to this war.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vandor View Post
    I won't take any side as im not reconstructor and there's no alt reality, got no sympathies for any side (better say I don't care), I care more about on whose bayonettes Bolsheviks took over Russian lands through blood and terror. It was all kinds of minorities, including Baltic and Finn ethnic groups, Latvian shooters terrorist corps. Red Finn corps, thousands of them (equipped by England and Trotsky), operated in Russian north, Murmansk region, as lots of minorities they helped to establish Bolshevik occupation over Russian lands and returned home through Sweden.

One of the few things Stalin's existence is not a 100% useless shame is that with his hands the 1st gen commies including the revolutionary butchers of 1917-1921 got mostly eradicated like pests, very few Russians between them. Ukraine was also full of revolutionary and anarchist scum, most of Ukrainian nationalists grew from Bolshevik and other leftist parties. Russian fools with identity crisis digging for Finnish roots to simp to and get appreciated by random foreigners are just pathetic Russians are indeed the biggest victims of Communism, but we don't need no one's appreciation, especially of those who helped the Bolsheviks to destroy historical Russia and whose states exist on its corpse.
    The Finns Murmansk were not commies, but far right extremists who wanted liberate "brother Karelians". Unfortunately those Karelians didn't want to be liberared, they preferred commies. But then thousands Finnush commies escaped to Russia after the Finnish civil war. They were far left extremists who were afraid of being jailed in Finland for life or death sentence. NKVD made a favor for Finland by giving a neck shot.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    The Finns Murmansk were not commies, but far right extremists who wanted liberate "brother Karelians". Unfortunately those Karelians didn't want to be liberared, they preferred commies. But then thousands Finnush commies escaped to Russia after the Finnish civil war. They were far left extremists who were afraid of being jailed in Finland for life or death sentence. NKVD made a favor for Finland by giving a neck shot.
    In the autumn of 1919 most of the Murmansk Legion fighters returned to Finland. The high-ranked asses fled to USA, UK, Canada, they did the work their masters demanded from them.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information