Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Are (US) Americans the most immature men in the world?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,477
    Given: 13,190

4 Not allowed!

Default Are (US) Americans the most immature men in the world?

It's something I have been observing in recent years: unlike most of the google junkies here when I used to visit the US I'd face reactions like: "Don't call me Nate, my name is Nathan, I hate when they call me Nate" which is something that would be considered total faggotry here. I also remember that in some thread about dating Celestia mentioned she preferred to date older dudes because men her age were too immature (and she is on her 30's). Also, the most childish member on this forum is Lie-redo (won't count Richmond since he's obviously a mental case) who claims to be 23-26 (he keeps changing it) and acts as if he were 13-14. The member capocannionere for example, who's younger (but not american) acts as an elder compared to him.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fairy
    Country
    United States
    mtDNA
    H11A
    Relationship Status
    Spinster
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,258
    Given: 1,611

7 Not allowed!

I don't have much of a good comparison point, but you're probably right. I went to a school with something like 15% international students, so I met men of all varieties, and I would say that Americans and Indians are equally immature, but all the other nationalities (and boy I met SO MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE) were vastly superior in their manners. Note, however, that international students pay more tuition and have no access to financial aid, so you can't control out for wealth. The average intl. student is from a far wealthier and more stable upbringing than the average local student, so it could just be a class thing that makes them more mature and better-behaved. However, in individual cases where I could control my peers for childhood income and wealth, the non-Americans were all more mature.

It's absolutely not just men, though, but also women.

I was talking to some intl. folks about how American adolescence looks shorter on paper, since we move out much earlier, but it's actually extended by us being sheltered until 18. An American may face equal levels of parental sheltering from birth to 18, but a European is weaned off of their parent's extreme care and caution at a much earlier age, and can live at home as a functional adult well into their late 20s. For example, an American 5 year old and an American 15 year old have to do the same amount of pandering to their parents preferences, like asking for permission to do just about anything. Many/most young Americans live in unwalkable areas with insufficient public transportation, so they can't have the same physical independence as a European or Asian who can walk around the city with their friends. You rely on your parents for transportation until you can drive, which is often actually older than 16, because many of us buy our own cars. Even kids in highly walkable areas, like city centers or highly condensed rural communities, face the fact that freerange childhood is heavily stigmatized to the point of illegality in some areas. The state can snatch your kid away if the neighbors complain too much of him living outdoors unattended.

Combine this with the overprescription of psychiatric drugs, infantilizing and addictive media, public schools running curriculum years behind the rest of the developed world, broken homes, and epidemic disorganized attachment syndrome, and you have a recipe for a nation of manchildren. Incal, your post really warrants an entire dissertation.

Also, fun fact: I asked my Turkish bf what some popular "kid foods" are in Turkey, and he was confused. I said, "you know, like chicken nuggets or spaghetti." He was so bewildered. "Do parents cook different stuff for the kid? I just ate whatever my parents cooked from the moment I was weaned, and there was nothing to bitch about". The American culture around childhood is as padded and bubble-wrapped as can be. We feed kids nutritionally poor "kid foods" such as cereal, intellectual poor "kid music" and "kid movies" like Cocomelon and Disney, and provide them with "kid experiences" like mashing their hands in a plastic bin of sand or whatever, because we have a cultural obsession with not only "developmentally appropriate" activities, which are often nothing more than the extension of a deficit mindset and the reduction of the child's ability to learn autonomously and think for themselves. It's not going to kill your kid to let him eat a real dinner and listen to real music and go to a real museum. If anything, it will make him smarter and give him a better foundation-- but the American system fears that.

I'm not a parent and I have only minimal experience in childcare, so this is all just my opinion from taking a couple child dev classes and researching the subject for funsies. Toodles!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, Litvin Polish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,486
    Given: 6,007

2 Not allowed!

There’s a lot of soy boys who fit what you describe, but the whole country isn’t this... there are scores of rugged fucks in the Midwest, south, the west, who’d out-alpha many local to your area. By miles.
    "3:16 For YHWH so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.."

#GodWins

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by InmostLight View Post
    It's absolutely not just men, though, but also women.
    I'm sure but on average and based on my real life and on-line experiences, I'd say that the average american woman is WAY more mature (and interesting) than the average american man. Just look at this forum: with the only exception of Odelia (who's another nutcase) the rest of american female members are quite knowledgeable, interesting and they can discuss about almost any subject, OTOH the average american male only posts about the same thing all over and over again (THE US GOING TO HELL! BLACKS EVERYWHERE! WHO'S WHITER??!! etc, etc).

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fairy
    Country
    United States
    mtDNA
    H11A
    Relationship Status
    Spinster
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,258
    Given: 1,611

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    I'm sure but on average and based on my real life and on-line experiences, I'd say that the average american woman is WAY more mature (and interesting) than the average american man. Just look at this forum: with the only exception of Odelia (who's another nutcase) the rest of american female members are quite knowledgeable, interesting and they can discuss about almost any subject, OTOH the average american male only posts about the same thing all over and over again (THE US GOING TO HELL! BLACKS EVERYWHERE! WHO'S WHITER??!! etc, etc).
    This forum is definitely not a good representation of what US women are like in real life. You have to be in a VERY high percentile of "caring about this stuff" to even find such a forum, and this is one of those topic sites that naturally appeal less to women, like politics and history, so it will attract more "male-minded" females, in comparison to the whole gender. Mainline social media offers better representations of what young American "ladies" are up to, like TikTok. Don't give us too much credit

You might just be more active in spaces which attract unicorns, in which case, good for you (~:

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by InmostLight View Post
    This forum is definitely not a good representation of what US women are like in real life. You have to be in a VERY high percentile of "caring about this stuff" to even find such a forum, and this is one of those topic sites that naturally appeal less to women, like politics and history, so it will attract more "male-minded" females, in comparison to the whole gender. Mainline social media offers better representations of what young American "ladies" are up to, like TikTok. Don't give us too much credit

You might just be more active in spaces which attract unicorns, in which case, good for you (~:
    Very good point. Well I guess we are lucky then.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,398
    Given: 12,876

4 Not allowed!

From my experience there are other groups of men in the US and Canada I've actually found to be more immature than American men themselves, Mexicans from my experience are some of the most immature on average by far, not to be racist but just speaking from my experiences, but ofc not all of them are. Otherwise though I think most Non-Americans are a bit more mature on average. But yeah a lot of American men and women are quite immature but some people also seem to have their own way of defining "immature" which complicates things. But I definitely think women in Canada and the US are surprisingly immature they have low accountability on average and are often passive aggressive with a high-schoolish mindset, but I know a lot of them are not like this at all as well. And some American men have these traits as well. I do think there are some things contributing to this specifically like the public school system seems to encourage a mindset of obedience and a lack of individuality, and from attending school in the US I felt like students were babied to an extent. I also think too many men and women are taught to avoid conflict instead of resolve it.

I'd be careful what you label as immature though because in real life I was constantly being harassed, insulted, and called immature because I wasn't in University or College for a while and didn't have my own car and so I couldn't go around alone (other than my parents car...) but it WASN'T because I wasn't making an effort towards it, it was because my family couldn't afford it even with 3-4 of us working. Even though I was always hard working, responsible, and honest otherwise. Sorry maybe this comment is irrelevant if so just ignore it.

I have a feeling some people will hate me for my comment but yeah, you can express your opinion.
    Last edited by calxpal; 06-02-2023 at 05:32 AM.
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    I'd be careful what you label as immature though because in real life I was constantly being harassed, insulted, and called immature because I wasn't in University or College for a while and didn't have my own car and so I couldn't go around alone (other than my parents car...) but it WASN'T because I wasn't making an effort towards it, it was because my family couldn't afford it even with 3-4 of us working. Even though I was always hard working, responsible, and honest otherwise. Sorry maybe this comment is irrelevant if so just ignore it.
    That's true, even some physical traits can be relative (what's an average height over there could be tall here). But I'd say that most people in the world (with the exception of other anglos maybe) do consider american behavior (mostly men, women get a pass) immature and childish and they often whine and cry for things that could be totally normal and bearable over here (their favorite line is: "I find this whole situation so frustrating").

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,398
    Given: 12,876

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    That's true, even some physical traits can be relative (what's an average height over there could be tall here). But I'd say that most people in the world (with the exception of other anglos maybe) do consider american behavior (mostly men, women get a pass) immature and childish and they often whine and cry for things that could be totally normal and bearable over here (their favorite line is: "I find this whole situation so frustrating").
    That type of behavior is very childish indeed I agree it is unfortunately common among Americans I can't deny that. Yeah a lot of them very much do complain about trivial things, even some who are shockingly privileged to be complaining about it.
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

~ WHITE LIVES MATTER ~ SilverKnight's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Iberian & Sene-Gambian
    Ethnicity
    Dominican American
    Ancestry
    Northern Spain, Canarian, Andaluz, W. África & Taino (Amerind)
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Region
    Florida
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Congolid
    Politics
    Right-wing, ultra nationalism and anti-commie scum.
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Dad, R. Trujillo, Andrew Tate, Vladimir Putin & Donald J. Trump, Loki & ♥Lily
    Religion
    Baptist - Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,670
    Given: 9,047

2 Not allowed!

Sometimes yeah, we can be. But it general American society has slowly become dumber and dumber thanks to the public education system and social media.
    Silverknight
    "..And the angle of the sun changed it all .."

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information