Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ethnic identity battle in America..

puttin' in yer windies Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2013 @ 04:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Windie fister
    Ethnicity
    rabble derble derk dable
    Ancestry
    somethin'
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default The ethnic identity battle in America..

When I look at America, I see a hodgepodge of European admixture, and I wonder why are we wandering around aimlessly without a uniform culture and ethnic identity representative of our European heritage, this question came to mind when I began some reading on a group called the Norse-Gaels:

Norse-Gaels
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Hiberno-Norse)
    Jump to: navigation, search

The Norse-Gaels were a people who dominated much of the Irish Sea region and western Scotland for a large part of the Middle Ages, who were of Gaelic origin with some Scandinavia admixture, and as a whole exhibited a great deal of Gaelic and Norse cultural syncretism. Other modern terms used include Scoto-Norse, Hiberno-Norse and Foreign Gaels.

The Norse-Gaels originated in Viking colonies of Ireland and Scotland who became subject to the process of Gaelicization, whereby starting as early as the ninth century, most intermarried with native Gaels (except for the Norse who settled in Cumbria) and adopted the Gaelic language as well as many other Gaelic customs.[citation needed] Many left their original worship of Norse gods and converted to Christianity, and this contributed to the Gaelicization. Gaelicized Scandinavians dominated the Irish Sea region until the Norman era of the twelfth century, founding long-lasting kingdoms, such as the Kingdoms of Man, Argyll, Dublin, Galloway as well as taking control of the Norse colony at York. The Lords of the Isles, a Lordship which lasted until the sixteenth century, as well as many other Gaelic rulers of Scotland and Ireland, traced their descent from Norse-Gaels. The Norse-Gaels settlement in England was concentrated in the North West.

Now, these people of mixed Gaelic and Norse heritage were able to forge an identity a culture and legacy, why can we modern Americans not?

I look at regions of America around the Appalachian mountains and the Cumberland Gap and I see something of similar design, a culture that has roots in mixed Scots-Irish and English heritage with some German influence, but that is one small region in the entirety that is the United States of America. I also see the Cajuns, the Amish, and Pennsylvania Dutch, etc... however these are small groups in whole, and not the common American.

When I see the common American I see a robot, one without a soul, a life, and heritage. Why is it that the common American, when surrounded by these smaller cultural isolates, is unable to be inspired and forge a culture or identity of similar nature? or choose to identify with one(for example families around where I was raised in the Cumberland Gap who forsook the traditions of their forefathers for the sake of fitting in with the blan norm)

Hell, even I who has been a part of Cumberland Gap culture has had only a taste of what it originally was, this in fact due to the above mentioned process, the destruction of the culture for the sake of being an industrial robot. Despite my efforts to live with what I have been raised with, and to expand upon the holes left by the destructive process, have been futile as of late because there simply are not enough in America who are willing to do so. My culture is only a fraction of what it once was and it is sad to say the very least, but what can one do? Just make do with what has been left and try to preserve it.

I am curious as to what we can do to preserve these cultures and keep them growing instead of declining in the fashion that they are today, and as to why Americans as a whole seem to be inept when it comes to this task.

Discuss

Life is good.
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-06-2022 @ 11:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto- Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial American
    Ancestry
    English, Scots- Irish, Cajun French
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    I1- Z63
    mtDNA
    K2b1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn, Kelto- Nordid
    Politics
    Center
    Hero
    Martin Luther, Martin Chemnitz
    Religion
    Lutheran Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,664
    Given: 10,470

0 Not allowed!

We can refuse to conform. We can remember and celebrate our cultural heritage.We can contribute to the next generation by having wives and children of the same stock as ourselves.We can seperate ourselves as much as we can from outsiders of racially foreign backgrounds.We can instill in our children pride in their heritage and a desire to breed exclusively with their own people and ensure our grandchildren learn those same values.Other than armed rebellion, those remain our best methods for preserving our own.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Windie fister
    Ethnicity
    rabble derble derk dable
    Ancestry
    somethin'
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finn d'Armelin View Post
    We can refuse to conform. We can remember and celebrate our cultural heritage.We can contribute to the next generation by having wives and children of the same stock as ourselves.We can seperate ourselves as much as we can from outsiders of racially foreign backgrounds.We can instill in our children pride in their heritage and a desire to breed exclusively with their own people and ensure our grandchildren learn those same values.Other than armed rebellion, those remain our best methods for preserving our own.
    From the trend of today I see armed rebellion being very possible in the near future if we can organize properly. My father mentioned that he heard about a new Continental Congress being formed, and the state sovereignty movement is inspiring to say the least.

Life is good.
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto- Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    I1- Z63
    mtDNA
    K2b1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn, Kelto- Nordid
    Politics
    Center
    Hero
    Religion
    Lutheran Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's interesting..are Continental Congress cells being formed in every state?Where could I find more information? If we're forced to armed rebellion, I would definitely choose my nation over the current government. By the gods of my tribe, we may yet be able to preserve and strengthen our cultures here.
    Last edited by Gooding; 04-16-2009 at 02:46 AM.

Antipodean Loyalist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-19-2009 @ 07:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Son of the Empire
    Ancestry
    Scottish, English, Irish and Spanish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Alpinised Bruenn + Med
    Politics
    Rule from above
    Religion
    Heathenry & Ascension
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!

I was reading somewhere that approximately a third of so called White Americans have recent Negro ancestry. Perhaps that's why it's hard to establish an ethnic identity?
    "With gratitude for the past and confidence in the future we range ourselves without fear beside Britain. Where she goes, we go; where she stands, we stand. We are only a small and young nation, but we march with a union of hearts and souls to a common destiny."

- Michael Joseph Savage

"All we are and all we have is at the disposal of the British Government."

- William Massey to the British Government, 1914

Life is good.
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto- Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial American
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    I1- Z63
    mtDNA
    K2b1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn, Kelto- Nordid
    Politics
    Center
    Hero
    Religion
    Lutheran Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Perhaps this third could join their black kindred while we make up the loss by importing more Euros to strengthen our gene pool!

COGITO - FACIO - FIO Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    08-19-2012 @ 06:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    I was reading somewhere that approximately a third of so called White Americans have recent Negro ancestry. Perhaps that's why it's hard to establish an ethnic identity?
    1. You are reading too much leftist garbage, and taking it too seriously.

2. Have you ever seen an American? Did they look like they had African ancestry? Especially "recent" African ancestry?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Windie fister
    Ethnicity
    rabble derble derk dable
    Ancestry
    somethin'
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    That's over estimated, the genetic studies that I've observed via links from Anthroforum say about 20% of the American "White" population has negro ancestry of varying degrees that typically are less than a percent. It's largely dependent on the individual. I'd say the greater majority of them are less than a percent, just how I have .01% American indian, it's nothing that should influence your identity, and it definitely shouldn't influence your culture, if everyone started identifying by small percentages like the previously mentioned .01% and such then everyone would overlap into so much that it would be impossible to identify anyone.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Windie fister
    Ethnicity
    rabble derble derk dable
    Ancestry
    somethin'
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seuthanan View Post

2. Have you ever seen an American? Did they look like they had African ancestry? Especially "recent" African ancestry?
    Too true.

Antipodean Loyalist Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-19-2009 @ 07:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Son of the Empire
    Ancestry
    Scottish, English, Irish and Spanish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Alpinised Bruenn + Med
    Politics
    Rule from above
    Religion
    Heathenry & Ascension
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seuthanan View Post
    Perhaps.

Yeah, more than I could possibly count. I've worked in the tourism industry and Americans constitute one of the largest groups of people who travel here.

Several Americans have appeared suspicious to me, especially one who I went to school with. I have also seen photos on other forums which show someone with 1/8 Black ancestry. It appears quite hard to detect, even at 1/8th.
    "With gratitude for the past and confidence in the future we range ourselves without fear beside Britain. Where she goes, we go; where she stands, we stand. We are only a small and young nation, but we march with a union of hearts and souls to a common destiny."

- Michael Joseph Savage

"All we are and all we have is at the disposal of the British Government."

- William Massey to the British Government, 1914

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information