Fritz Lang
    Religion
    wouldn't be the first time
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,925
    Given: 2,396

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ugochaves View Post
    How do you explain the creation of the universe out of nothing? I do not know what will happen after death. Most likely it will be the same as before birth. But only God could create matter out of nothing.
    This makes sense.
    Very few people agree on what "God" means. A thing is defined by its properties. If you hold the definition of "God" to be the Creator of something out of nothing, that is completely independent of the question of life after death.

Last Online
    08-28-2023 @ 11:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 2,160

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BakersfieldChimp View Post
    This makes sense.
    Very few people agree on what "God" means. A thing is defined by its properties. If you hold the definition of "God" to be the Creator of something out of nothing, that is completely independent of the question of life after death.
    Question. If the creator created matter and a person who observes and is aware of the universe. Is awareness of the universe equal to its existence? Does this mean that a person is not a simple matter, but something more? The eyes and consciousness of this universe. If the meaning of our existence is more than watching her, it becomes scary knowing religions.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

0 Not allowed!

Unified Field of Consciousness ONE = MANY ... continued if anybody is interested …
    https://meditationlifestyle.com/unif...sness-onemany/

Veteran Member BakersfieldChimp's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:03 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic Prussian
    Ethnicity
    Eastern European
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Fritz Lang
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Question. If the creator created matter and a person who observes and is aware of the universe. Is awareness of the universe equal to its existence? Does this mean that a person is not a simple matter, but something more? The eyes and consciousness of this universe. If the meaning of our existence is more than watching her, it becomes scary knowing religions.
    I have been known to get into heavy mental machinations on these things a time or two.
    Descartes famously stated, "I think, therefore I am". His argument is that one has to exist in order to question one's existence. I buy that. I part ways with some of his other utterances. One fallacy people make about Science is they assume that if Science hasn't explained something yet, science never will.

A spiritual advisor in college kept saying "The only thing you have to figure out is you will never figure it out." I had no use for that at the time. I don't like to live in uncertainty, indecision, or ignorance. This is true even if the knowledge isn't currently available. However, after college when faced with real-world life and responsibilities, it became important to move forward without having all the answers.

The answer to life became to me to have faith in God, try to clean up the damage I have done, try not to create too much more damage, and treat others the way I would want to be treated if the roles were reversed. Pragmatically, asking the big questions is less important since any answer won't change these actions.

The only thing I have figured out is I'm not going to figure it out.

Last Online
    08-28-2023 @ 11:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    russian
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Moscow
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Jorge Vilda
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 2,160

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BakersfieldChimp View Post
    The answer to life became to me to have faith in God, try to clean up the damage I have done, try not to create too much more damage, and treat others the way I would want to be treated if the roles were reversed. Pragmatically, asking the big questions is less important since any answer won't change these actions.

The only thing I have figured out is I'm not going to figure it out.
    None of the people will feel gratitude for your good attitude towards them. People become hardened, sensing your weakness. That's all you need to know about people. I hope you understand my English. here they will tell me that they do not understand my text.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLimey View Post
    The philosopher Immanuel Kant demonstrated that the world we experience is not the real world. That world does not embody our species’ concepts of time, space and causality. We perceive things through a scaffolding of three-dimensional space, in a tense of past-present-future, and within a framework of casual connections. As this 18th century philosopher would not have known, but what 20th century physics has confirmed, these constructs are not even a component of the world that we can describe mathematically and measure with special instruments. Newtonian concepts of space and time do not apply to the macro world of general or special relativity nor to the micro world of quantum mechanics. The real world is something altogether different from what we human beings experience and measure. Kant concluded that the deepest level of reality is inaccessible to human thought and knowledge. He terms the ultimate, rock bottom reality — of “things as they are in themselves” — that underlies the perceived world the Noumenon.
    I do not know Immanuel Kant's work, but at a glimpse, him claiming that the phenomenal world is an expression of the power of the noumenal world and as such beyond mental fabrications and reasonings … sounds very Buddhist.

Noumenon to phenomenon sounds similar to the 2 Truths:
    https://www.lionsroar.com/what-are-the-two-truths/

Veteran Member BakersfieldChimp's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:03 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic Prussian
    Ethnicity
    Eastern European
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Fritz Lang
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

None of the people will feel gratitude for your good attitude towards them. People become hardened, sensing your weakness. That's all you need to know about people. I hope you understand my English. here they will tell me that they do not understand my text.
    I used to be cynical as well. It stopped working for me. My happiness is not contingent on what others think of me. Nine times out of ten when you treat people with respect, they treat you with respect back. It is prudent to keep one's guard up so that 10% don't take advantage. Unconditional love is not unconditional kindness. Tough love is not tough shit. They are two sides of the same coin. Unconditional love does not mean to cosign someone's bullshit. Tough Love does not mean hurting somebody until they do what you want them to do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information