Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are hairy eyebrows more common in Britain and Ireland than other northern European countries?

Ein einzelner Gefangener.. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Horse-Human of Wyoming
    Ethnicity
    Hillbilly
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106/R-Z156
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Taxonomy
    Country Boy
    Politics
    Zeitzeuge einer Zeitenwende
    Hero
    Klaus Störtebeker, Kurt Knispel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,487
    Given: 5,320

0 Not allowed!

Good question. May be the famous Celtiberian connection or some distant Roman ancestry. I myself have those bushy eyebrows despite being Northern European in features and being blond with very pale, yet reddish and freckled skin. Might be the reason I often get associated with the English.
    Runen raunen rechten Rat, über eiserne Felder nun zur Tat!

Last Online
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,199
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Alvarez View Post
    It's really funny how Brits are often darkwashed in anthropology forums.
    Often even to the point of being compared to Iberians.
    Yes, what many don't know that genetically the Irish people whom many here on the threads to darkwash are not far from the original Anglo-Saxon tribes who invaded Britain in the 5th century. The Anglo-Saxons came from Denmark, North-West Germany and Friesland (Northern Netherlands). I have seen many, many times, people whitewashing Northern Germany more than even Scandinavia (The blondest land). Nevertheless, they are not aware that the Irish were already genetically close to people from these lands.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PlattitüdenPaule View Post
    Good question. May be the famous Celtiberian connection or some distant Roman ancestry. I myself have those bushy eyebrows despite being Northern European in features and being blond with very pale, yet reddish and freckled skin. Might be the reason I often get associated with the English.
    Nothing of that sort. Celtiberian? come on. Your bushy eyebrows is from the Cromagnid racial component. My hair is light auburn and I freckle easily as well, I have been confused for an Irish or Scottish person too. Celtic people did truly settle in Iberia and intermingled with the indigenous population of Iberia to form what was called the Celtiberian. What does that have to do with England? The English and Germans are cousins. Remember, the Anglo-Saxons were much more vicious than the Vikings when dealing with indigenous Britons. They eradicated completely Celtic speech, culture, religion from most of what is England. Intermingling with Britons was done gradually not readily. Many they lived separately (Saxons vs Brits). Now, the genetic evidence shows that, "around 75% of the population in Eastern and Southern England was made up of migrant families whose ancestors must have originated from continental regions bordering the North Sea, including the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark."
    Since the "bushy eyebrows" is much more of an "Irish and Scottish" thing than English, it is most likely a Cromagnid racial component much more than Mediterranean. Ireland is one of Europe's most Cromagnid population.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,491
    Given: 5,819

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    Nothing of that sort. Celtiberian? come on. Your bushy eyebrows is from the Cromagnid racial component. My hair is light auburn and I freckle easily as well, I have been confused for an Irish or Scottish person too. Celtic people did truly settle in Iberia and intermingled with the indigenous population of Iberia to form what was called the Celtiberian. What does that have to do with England? The English and Germans are cousins. Remember, the Anglo-Saxons were much more vicious than the Vikings when dealing with indigenous Britons. They eradicated completely Celtic speech, culture, religion from most of what is England. Intermingling with Britons was done gradually not readily. Many they lived separately (Saxons vs Brits). Now, the genetic evidence shows that, "around 75% of the population in Eastern and Southern England was made up of migrant families whose ancestors must have originated from continental regions bordering the North Sea, including the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark."
    Since the "bushy eyebrows" is much more of an "Irish and Scottish" thing than English, it is most likely a Cromagnid racial component much more than Mediterranean. Ireland is one of Europe's most Cromagnid population.
    If bushy eyebrows came from cromagnons they are probably from the proto med CM types, a lot of med influenced people like Sikhs have monobrows or just large eyebrows borrebies and baltids don't seem to have generous eyebrows and neither do most brunns though brunns mixed with meds have them which is very common in Ireland.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British isles
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland and Wales.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Somerset
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,663
    Given: 2,021

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver109 View Post
    The British are more likely to have distinct med features than mainland Euros from northern Europe, i sometimes see a group of German or Dutch tourists in the bar i frequent ,they looked very unmed compared to a lot of English people i see around.
    You are probably the worst poster and worst troll on this forum. You have these extensive arguments with CV yet at the same time post these odd types just because you are half Spanish and live in London, which is an international city and far removed from anywhere outside of the M25 tbh. Multi faceted troll.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Meds are not that handsome looking, some have very fine gracile features but there are also a lot of coarse meds, of course some med countries have better looking people, especially parts of the Balkans and in Turkey and the middle east. the southern English have a lot of med influence, so do some other Brit groups like the Welsh, ethnic Irish from the northwest who despite being light eyed show med and alpine traits that give quite a Spanish, Balkan or Italian vibe.
    Meds are way better looking than Northern Euros (CMs are to blame). In the Balkan land to Turkey and the rest of Western Asia, you have to add Dinarics, Armenoids and Orientalids who aren't really Meds. Their facial features are different, their nasal features are exaggerated prone to stereotypes ("hooked noses) and so forth. Therefore, less handsome than the general Mediterranean. The Welsh and Irish look absolutely nothing like that and are nowhere as dark, only in troll stories. There are Spaniards and Portuguese who might look Celtic and will of a lighter complexions than their general Mediterranean population. You forgot that it was Celtic tribes before the Germanic tribes who brought lighter pigmentation to Iberia. In that part of Europe, light complexion is attributed to Celtics and Germanics. How can the Irish show so much "med or even alpine" traits when they are the palest-skinned in the world and one of the lightest-eyed without a doubt? I call that a contradiction.
    According to the GWAS study on pigmentation in Europeans (2012), in four selected countries (Ireland, Italy, Poland and Portugal). Pigmentation of skin, hair and eyes were compared. The Irish group came out as the lightest-skinned (obviously) by a margin, lightest-haired and lightest-eyed (without a doubt). Therefore there is absolutely, something wrong with the dark-washing these Insular people. Irish people are lighter-skinned, lighter-haired and lighter-eyed than Poles, Portuguese and Italians. They cannot be "Meds".

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

If bushy eyebrows came from cromagnons they are probably from the proto med CM types, a lot of med influenced people like Sikhs have monobrows or just large eyebrows borrebies and baltids don't seem to have generous eyebrows and neither do most brunns though brunns mixed with meds have them which is very common in Ireland.
    Sikhs are not Meds! Which fool taught you that? Sikhs are a Southern Asian people, they have nothing to do with how Europeans look. Are you OK? By the way, since you don't know, CMs such as Paleo Atlantids, Brunns, Tydals, aren't restricted to the British Isles. They are found in Scandinavia as well. It seems like to me, you have a lot to learn dude before you enter into a debate like this.

This is a Sikh, he is not a White person or European. OK!
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...20121014120904
    Ha!ha!ha!ha!ha! You are hilarious, Oliver!

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Meds are way better looking than Northern Euros (CMs are to blame). In the Balkan land to Turkey and the rest of Western Asia, you have to add Dinarics, Armenoids and Orientalids who aren't really Meds. Their facial features are different, their nasal features are exaggerated prone to stereotypes ("hooked noses) and so forth. Therefore, less handsome than the general Mediterranean. The Welsh and Irish look absolutely nothing like that and are nowhere as dark, only in troll stories. There are Spaniards and Portuguese who might look Celtic and will of a lighter complexions than their general Mediterranean population. You forgot that it was Celtic tribes before the Germanic tribes who brought lighter pigmentation to Iberia. In that part of Europe, light complexion is attributed to Celtics and Germanics. How can the Irish show so much "med or even alpine" traits when they are the palest-skinned in the world and one of the lightest-eyed without a doubt? I call that a contradiction.
    According to the GWAS study on pigmentation in Europeans (2012), in four selected countries (Ireland, Italy, Poland and Portugal). Pigmentation of skin, hair and eyes were compared. The Irish group came out as the lightest-skinned (obviously) by a margin, lightest-haired and lightest-eyed (without a doubt). Therefore there is absolutely, something wrong with the dark-washing these Insular people. Irish people are lighter-skinned, lighter-haired and lighter-eyed than Poles, Portuguese and Italians. They cannot be "Meds".
    There are plenty of pale or light skinned med and alpine people, this is an Irish band, they are not that much lighter than many Greeks and Balkanites, the only difference between the Irish and others is that people with orange or yellow skintones as seen among so many Spanish and Italians are virtually absent

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Mediterranean
    Ethnicity
    English/Spanish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Sikhs are not Meds! Which fool taught you that? Sikhs are a Southern Asian people, they have nothing to do with how Europeans look. Are you OK? By the way, since you don't know, CMs such as Paleo Atlantids, Brunns, Tydals, aren't restricted to the British Isles. They are found in Scandinavia as well. It seems like to me, you have a lot to learn dude before you enter into a debate like this.

This is a Sikh, he is not a White person or European. OK!
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...20121014120904
    Ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!
    Tydals are quite rare though they do also have quite prominent eyebrows, same goes for strandids

Banned
    Last Online
    08-07-2023 @ 11:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Chidingfold Surrey
    Country
    England
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+Angle-Saxon
    Politics
    Tory
    Hero
    Queen Elizabeth I (the golden age)
    Religion
    Anglican
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 154

0 Not allowed!

Possibly though there are similar rates in the rest of northern Europe, it could be down to bottleneck effects
    I don't know mate are they from the midlands and above ? I see people above Southern England as stew eating hairy people.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information