Thread: Can you answer this question?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,400
    Given: 12,876

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Some years ago I was going to this big dental practice, they claimed I needed cleanings every three months, and were also pushing me to replace my old fillings, and to replace an old crown (I refused all of that). Sold me an electric toothbrush they were pushing and claimed I needed to use (or else my gums faced certain doom). Place was very impersonal, and always really long wait times..

About 5 or 6 years ago I found a great mom and pop type dental office, it's just the one dentist, he is not part of any larger group or anything, nice man. I go every 6 months, the hygienist cleans my teeth, then the dentist comes over looks in my mouth and says, "Wow, you got a lot of teeth. Well, I don't see any problems, looks good to me. See you next time".
    Yeah I recently had a similar experience. I used to have a really experienced and thorough dentist/hygienist in my old hometown who I trusted for years, a mom and pop practice similar to what you mentioned, but unfortunately since I moved I've had to look for a new practice and haven't had great luck yet. The last place I went to I had this rude nasty sales-woman type hygienist do the cleaning and she kept guilt tripping me and insulting me because I didn't abide by her recommendation to do X-rays ever fucking 6 MONTHS! I've NEVER had any dental practice recommend it so frequently before, never mind so aggressively! Not only that but she hurried and made an appointment for it WITHOUT EVEN FUCKING ASKING ME!!!! I was smart enough to realize what her fucking ass was doing though, trying to get more money out of me. She also pushed the hell of of me to buy this expensive toothpaste (fucking cash grab lol) and she kept yelling at me and insulted me instead of cleaning my teeth well that I needed that super expensive wisdom tooth surgery. Like just as a recommendation that type of thing is okay but shoving it down my throat the whole appointment and making belittling comments is suspicious as fuck especially since they never took Xrays or anything else to even evaluate for that type of thing lmao. She also told me if I didn't abide by that that I was being immature and that all my teeth would fall out soon! And that I was lying about not having tooth pain like what a crock of shit! I was so mad though because she was so focused on trying to sell me shit that she didn't even clean my teeth properly I still had a bit of tartar when I left ughhh and she didn't use gloves or follow proper hygiene , like why the fuck would I trust her ass to recommend these stupid procedures and items when she couldn't clean my teeth properly?

That practice was also suspicious though because they were super impersonal and didn't respond to criticism from anyone. I also know a family member who went there and got fooled into getting this expensive surgery, the did it and they cracked one of her teeth out and refused to take any liability!

I warned my dad not to go there and he did anyways, and he literally got SCAMMED! They charged him for something they DIDN'T even do and flat out refused to refund him saying they did that!!!!! He went back a second time and they did the same thing again!!!!!

I know I wrote a lot lol just wanted to share my thoughts and vent a little too I guess.....I could also share my experiences with eye doctors trying to upsell me but I'm not sure if that's of interest or not.

I wanted to say though that I appreciate you sharing your experience and being understanding =), and not telling me that doctors/dentists are always right. I'm also very sorry that you had those bad experiences.
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-20-2023 @ 06:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Serbian in Serbia, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 59

2 Not allowed!

owning cars

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 11:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Silvan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Wood Elf + Pixie and Nymph influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,762
    Given: 4,339

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    The other day I heard that breakfast is also a scam: US food companies needed an extra buck so they hired propaganda master Edward Bernays (a jew BTW) to convince the public that breakfast was the most important meal of the day. It worked; and sausage, egg, milk, etc consumption went on the rise. Now I understand why I'm never hungry in the morning.
    I'm never hungry in the morning either. I don't know how people eat breakfast. The earliest I want to eat is at like noon.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 11:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Silvan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Wood Elf + Pixie and Nymph influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,762
    Given: 4,339